How to be a Disney Princess

How to be a Disney Princess

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a Disney princess? Well I am here to give you tips to reach your full princess potential.

"
So lets examine the Qualities of a Disney Princess.
1. Looks/ Body image
2. Marriage ability 
3. Unrealistic hair expectations 
4. Family matters 
5. Evil (family or witch) 
Tip # 1  Looks/ Body image

Have you ever noticed that all the princess look young and pretty much have no skin problems? Don't get me wrong looking young and no skin problems would totally be awesome. Totally unrealistic though. Most of the girls you see have acne or it's been photo shopped off. Now the second part to that is the body image. How are they all so skinny? Do they not eat? or Why their heads look bigger than their waist? Now, I am not saying that taking care of your self and eating right is a bad thing because it's not but where are the shall we say the "curvier" girls? Just because you have curves doesn't mean we can't kick but just as well as those skinny princess. So for this tip either have amazing skin and a perfect body or have an amazing photo shopper! 
Tip # 2 Marriage ability. 

So your options are Fall into a deep sleep and your prince will come and kiss you. You wake up and fall in love and get married. Ex-Snow white, Sleeping Beauty
OR 
You can disobey your father to get your man by either selling your soul to an old sea witch in order to become human (Ariel). You can tell your father that you don't want to get married and run away to show him. (Jasmine) 
OR
You can use the help of animals. Whether you use them to make you a dress for the 
ball where you lose your glass shoe. (Cinderella). You can trade your life for your fathers to live with a Beast that you can't stand then you see the heart inside and change your mind. (Belle) 
So for this tip I suggest you Sell your soul, fall asleep, runaway and use all the animals available to you and wait for your kiss.
Tip #3  Unrealistic Hair Exceptions 

Okay so really how can you be in the ocean or have wind in your hair and have it be totally be perfect?? I mean really with no comb and your hair is like that please girl! What is your secret share it with the world! 
Ariel - Ocean/ Land 
Ocean- Not a hair out of place and when she is on that rock singing her hair blowing in the world and no fly a ways? Bright Red hair? That must be from a bottle! I don't believe anyone can have that bright of hair color and be natural. 
Land- Perfect and she even combs it with a fork! I am sure if you combed your hair with a fork it wouldn't turn out as amazing as her hair did! Not a hair out of place again!
Jasmine- First of all why is her hair the size of a tree trunk! Really? Again I wonder why when she is in the wind no strands of hair flying in the wind. Again did anyone of you see a brush? I think not. 
Cinderella- Okay so when she sleeps her hair never looks like its been slept on. Umm How? For that matter how do explain when the animals pour the water on her why does her hair not get wet and if it does Why does it not look wet? Have you ever tried to put your hair in a ribbon? Believe me I have tired now way! either that I am doing it wrong. Just perfect hair! 
So for this tip have ungodly hair that never moves in any direction or have a hair stylist on the side no one knows about. Either way have perfect hair!
Tip #4 Family matters

So I know every one has family issues.
Cinderella- Family makes her wait on them hand and foot and are always mean to you 
 
Jasmine- Tells father I don't want to get married and runs off to "explore" the world 
Ariel- Changes body, and gives up her strongest talent in order to get her man and abandons her father and family 
Pocahontas- Falls in love with a white man against her fathers advice and ends up getting one of her own people killed by a white man
 
Merida- She has an argument with her mother and finds a witch to give her a potion only to turn her mother into a bear. 
For this tip Have family drama. Case and point
Tip #5  Evil (Family member or Enemy) 

There doesn't seem to be  a formula to have an Enemy or someone out to get you in Disney films or someone evil for no really reason other than being evil. Lets explore some of the reason's we find in Disney movies..... 
Snow White- Queen She decides to get rid of snow white by sending a huntsman to kill her but he cannot because he finds her to beautiful to kill. So after find out she wasn't dead she feeds her a poisoned apple. 
Reason- Vanity  Snow White was the fairest of them all. (Prettier than the queen) 
Cinderella- Worked to the bone night and day by her Stepmother and her Stepsisters
Reason- Jealousy/resentment Cinderella's father liked Cinderella more than her stepmother and her daughters. Since she could never change that she blamed Cinderella for making her unhappy. 
Ariel- Wanted a man so she went to Ursula to make her self into a human but as a result lost her voice and subsequently almost lost her to Ursula when Ursula tried to steal him away from her
Reason-Power/Rule the Ocean
Ursula wanted to rule all the oceans since she had been put into exile by Ariel's father. In order to achieve her goal she convinced Ariel to give her voice to her and she would turn her into a human to be with Prince Eric. The catch was she had to get the kiss of true love from Eric before the third sun set. It was her plan to get the voice and when her time was up Ariel would belong to her forever and King Triton would give the trident to her and become more powerful
Sleeping beauty- She was cursed to die on her 16th Birthday by pricking her finger on a spindle of a spinning wheel and die
Reason-Angry- Maleficent (Evil Sorceress)
was not invited to the royal christening of Princess Aurora. So she put a curse on her. (All because she didn't get invited to a party) 
So for this tip I say hold a grudge because you never know when your going to need it.
What have we learned? In order to be a Disney princess you need Great hair, body, evil person and be able to be good looking enough to be married. Sounds like a plan! I hope you learned everything you need to know about how to be a Disney Princess. 
"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else. which makes you unique"- Walt Disney


© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi MandaBear, you did an amazing job with your writing. It sends the message that parents that educate their daughters to be polite and look pretty would have more choices when picking a husband that they are compatible with and their tradition would be passed on to their daughters. Also, being smart is an asset when a prince is looking for a princess. Choose the best prince, princess MandaBear. Best wishes, Anika.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Seven letters. AMAZING. This was a fantastic read. It's true too. The way you laid it out was clever and I liked how you put pictures in. Well done. 100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Runswithflyingdolphins

10 Years Ago

Could you review it on WC
MandaBear

10 Years Ago

yep I sure can
Runswithflyingdolphins

10 Years Ago

Yay!!! Thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

650 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 6, 2013
Tags: Disney, princess, story