Snow White vs Sleeping Beauty

Snow White vs Sleeping Beauty

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Which movie is better? You decide!

"
So these movies are pretty much the same wouldn't you agree? They both get put to sleep and they both find their princes and we assume they lived happily ever after as we are led to believe by the Disney formula for movies. Yes, these movies have difference some more dramatic than others but they are different. So lets examine the movies bit by bit and see which one of these movies is shall we say "Better". 


Lets start with Snow White. Why? First of all because she was the first Disney Princess. (Being released in 1937) And because I said so! lol 

Alright so what is the story of our dear Snow White? Snow white is the most beautiful girl and her stepmother is none to happy about this. Her stepmother the Queen wants to be known as the "fairest in the land" but Snow whites beauty surpasses her own. So in order to get away from her stepmother she goes to the forest to the home of the seven dwarfs. The seven dwarfs begin to like their new house guest, who cleans their house and cooks for them. (Sound like anyone ladies? Just playing guys!) But one day while the seven dwarfs are out in their diamond mine Snow whites stepmother disguises herself as an old peddler woman and persuades Snow white to bite into a poisoned apple. (She doesn't tell her it's poisoned of course) By the time the dwarfs find out what happened to Snow white it is to late and they put er in a glass coffin to mourn her. (Okay, question If you work in a diamond mine why can't she have a diamond coffin just saying) So the prince who has fallen in love with Snow White happens by and awakens from the wicked Queen's deathlike spell with "love's first kiss." (By the way the Prince finds her in the forest and falls in love with her pretty much on the first sight)

Okay so I have some questions for you!

1. Where is Snow White's Mother and Father? Did they die? 
2. If they died Did The Queen kill them??
3. So if the Dwarfs work in the Diamond mines Why are they not rich? 
4. In fact why are they living in the forest in a little house? With seven incomes Can't they afford a bigger house? or at least a bigger bed?
5. Did this prince even have a name? How old was he anyway? Does he know Snow White is only like 16 years old?? 

I could go on forever but I don't want to bore you to death. So lets move on. 
I want to tell you the things I learned from the Snow White movie.

What I learned in Snow White is.....

1. Beauty can get you killed if your not careful 
2. Don't take poisoned apples from strangers
3. My prince will come only after I ate the strange food and kiss me and we will fall madly in love and get married
4. Old women will go to extremes to be the fairest of them all
5. It's okay to find a random cabin with 7 men and just move in and start cooking and cleaning for them. They'll love you for it!

Alright so we learned about Snow White lets learn about Sleeping Beauty. (Released in 1959)

Here's the story on Sleeping Beauty- 

When a new princess is born to King Stefan and his wife the entire kingdom rejoices. They have ceremony, three good fairies Flora Fauna and Merry weather- bestow gifts of magic on the child. However and evil sorceress named Maleficent shows up and because of a rude remark by Merry weather she places a curse on the princess that she will die 16th birthday after pricking her finger on a spinning wheel's spindle. Merry weather tries turns things around by casting a spell that will allow the princess named Aurora to awake from an ageless sleep with from her true love. The fairies take Aurora to their cottage in the woods to keep her away from the eyes of Maleficent and raise her as their own child. named Briar Rose. On her 16th Birthday Aurora meets Prince Phillip the son of a king whose own Kingdom will soon merge with King Stefan's - and falls in love. Maleficent manages to kidnap the Prince and her horrible prophecy is fulfilled when she tricks Aurora into touching the spindle of a spinning wheel created by Maleficent herself! Realizing that the Prince is in trouble, the 3 good fairies head to Maleficent's castle at the Forbidden Mountain, and spring the Prince loose. But the Prince soon finds himself up against Maleficent's army of brutes, and the power of Maleficent's evil spells - which include a thorn forest as thick as weeds around King Stefan's castle, and a fight against Maleficent when she turns herself into a dragon.

So questions for you!

1. So Maleficent so I understand that you are mad you didn't get invited to the party for Aurora but you could just throw yourself a party and not invite them? Either that be a little nicer and you would have been invited. 

2. If Merry weather was the one who insulted you why didn't you try to get rid of her instead of cursing a baby? Granted the baby couldn't do anything to you but still a baby! Come on!

3. Prince Phillip where were you for most of the movie??

4. If Aurora was with the fairies the whole time couldn't have reversed the spell or something? 

5. How do you die from a needle prick? At most you would get a little blood. 

So what have we learned from Sleeping beauty?

1. Don't piss off a evil Sorceress or you might have to prick your finger and die

2. If you have 3 good fairies they will help you out until your 16th birthday

3. Again as Snow white my prince will come when I am sleeping and after I "died" 


So based on what we know which is the best movie? 

*Fun fact- I went to a faerie convention and I was dressed up as Merry weather. 

 


Vote Here- 
Snow White vs Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Both
Neither
poll generator






© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3822 Views
Added on August 14, 2013
Last Updated on September 6, 2013
Tags: Disney, good, vote, nonsense