Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Christopher Robin - Winnie the Pooh

Christopher Robin - Winnie the Pooh

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Some say he has Schizophrenia or maybe just an imagination? Lets dig a deeper!

"
                      
Christopher Robin

Some say Christopher Robin suffers from Schizophrenia......

Schizophrenia- A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features- emotional blunting, intellectual  deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations. 

I say it's more like Imagination.....

Imagination - The faculty of imagining or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses.


So which is it? Schizophrenia or Imagination?

Every little girl and boy has at some point made up a imaginary friend at a point in our lives. Christopher robin is no exception. He made up friends to play with. What's so wrong with that? In Winnie the Pooh you see Christopher Robin playing with Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, owl and gopher. So he has all these imaginary friends to play with so he makes up a world for them to live in. The hundred acre woods. 

So let me ask you this Is this any different from anyone that plays video games or role playing games? They all create characters to play with in the particular game they are playing. They control the characters and what they are doing. Isn't the what Christopher robin does? 

One of the characteristics of Schizophrenia are social isolation. Christopher Robin on many occasions does deal with people and has friends. He goes to birthday parties and talks to his mother. He even goes to school does that sound like social isolation? Not to me. 

Imagination can bring up some of the greatest memories for you as a kid. You can be anything you want, you can be friends with anyone you want and you can just let loose. Now I can say that you can get carried away.( I am not saying schizophrenia is not real because it is very real.) Is that when you cross from imagination to Schizophrenia?  Just by going to far?
 
Now, I am not saying that it can't happen and sometimes I am sure not so good things can happen. But we are hear to talk about Christopher Robin. When does he get carried away like that? Sure he makes a mess here and there but when does a kid his age not make a mess of some kind? 
 
Christopher Robin is using his imagination by creating a world and friends to fill it in. Maybe I am missing something. Maybe He is Schizophrenic. Maybe I am look to far into it or not far enough. What do you think? Do you think He is just using his imagination or Schizophrenic??







Imagination or Schizophrenic??
Imagination
Schizophrenic
None
Both
Something else all together
www.poll-maker.com




© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Curiously no-one, absolutely no-one believes it is anything else except wonderful beautiful imagination, according to your poll at the time of this writing.

And yes, I too have been told the same. A medical record may reveal otherwise. But truly I would like to see one time, a very serious doctor approach a young boy patient. Place a steady hand on his shoulder and with a deep and grim voice speak,

"I'm sorry son. It's more serious than I thought. You are afflicted with - imagination." :D


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1086 Views
1 Review
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on September 6, 2013