Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***ROLLAND POV***

I nod my head to the beat of Breaking Benjamin as I drive Lucas's car back to Jeremi's, my mind whirling. What the hell happened to Lucas yesterday to make him get so violent toward Jeremi? Why would he let himself get that out of control? I get to their house and park the car, the front door slamming open before I'm even out of the car.

"JEREMI?" Lucas shouts running down the path. He stops short when he sees me getting out, the hope on his face crashing. " Where is she? is she ok?" He asks, his voice high with concern. I toss him his keys and nod to the house. We walk back in , I haven't even stepped through the threshold before he is asking questions again. " Is Jeremi ok? Is Regan? Where are they? Are they coming home? Can I see them? can I call them?" I put a hand on his shoulder instantly shutting him up. We sit in the kitchen and he slides into the seat that has a large glass of water in front of it. "Rolland say something!" He cries, desperation entering his voice.

"Calm down, Other then being shaken up and frightened Jeremi is fine. Regan is too. They are at the house with Oliver. About seeing them or talking to them. Let Jeremi come to you. Do you even remember anything from last night?" I ask quietly. He sighs and runs a hand through his black mop of hair, nodding. 

"I remember all of it. Rolland I was horrible. I hurt her. I shook her. I called her names. How do I make it up to her?" He asks, his voice trembling. I put a hand on his shoulder. 

"You don't drink again. You stay away from Arnold. You're a great guy Lucas. Don't let yourself be dragged back down that path. I may have been able to pull you out once but I don't think I will be able to do it again." I say. Last time Lucas had started to fall onto this path No one could stop him, no one could bring him back. N one that is but me But me. We had been hanging out and I purposely pissed him off enough to hit me. I hit him back. He attacked me and we literally beat the s**t out of each other. I let him take the anger he felt toward his parents out on me since I knew I would be able to handle it. Since then he had gotten better. Until now, he was falling off the wagon again, and at the rate he was going a simple beating wouldn't work. Lucas just looks at me with sad eyes and nods. 

"You're right I need to stop. I'm done I wont talk to him again. I wont Touch another drink again." He says with determination.I smile and clap him on the back. 

"That's the Lucas I know."

"When is she coming home?" He asks, looking childish as he peers up at me. I shrug. 

"I don't know. But I am here to get some more clothes for her and Regan, and some other things for Regan. Wait don't panic. Lucas listen you frightened her big time. Just give her some space and She will come around. She loves you and its obvious how much you love them back. This will blow over. Just give it time." I say gently. I look away as a tear falls from his eyes onto the table. I clear my throat. "Why don't you help me get some of their things alright? I don't feel comfortable going through Jeremi's clothes." He nods and follows me into Their bedroom, grabbing a suitcase from the closet and putting things into it. He hands me a smaller suitcase, Child sized and points to Regan's room.

" Just get diapers the clothes from the first three drawers and the things in the purple toy box. Those are her favorites." He says with no emotions. I nod and head to The baby's room. Its chilly in here and I notice that the screen in the window is popped out and the window is still wide open, showing Jeremi's escape from the night before. I shake my head and go about packing up the things Lucas had mentioned. I look up from zipping up the bag as Lucas enters and hands me the suitcase. "Her work briefcase is also in there and some work clothes. Oh and her Tablet charger." He says quietly, looking at the floor in defeat. I put down the bags and pull him into a hug. Getting over his macho ego he clings to me and sobs.

"Don't worry. Jeremi loves you, this will blow over. Just don't do that s**t again." I say letting go of him. He nods and follows me out of his daughters room. He goes into the kitchen and comes out with an unopened bottle of sangria.

"Take this, I don't want it in the house." He mutters handing it to me. I take it and put it in one of the bags. "Here's her keys." He says taking the keys out of the key bowel. I take his and put them in there before giving him another hug. I slip out of the house and climb into Jeremi's car. I don't look back as I drive away. Giving Lucas privacy as his tears fall.

***LUCAS POV***

I watch Rolland Drive off as tears fall down my face. I screwed up. I hurt the love of my life. What would I have done if I had gotten in that room a little sooner? Would I have hurt Regan? The Terror seeps into me and my knees buckle under me. I stagger back into the house and use the wall for support. HOw could I have let myself get that bad? I had just wanted to let loose a little not get entirely Shitfaced. My phone in my pocket belts out my text tone and I pull it out, looking at who texted.

From Arnold

Yo, You ok? 
Wanna hang tonight?
I Scored what I couldn't get last night.

I shoot off a replay.

To: Arnold. 
No. F**k off.

From Arnold
WTF Man!

I choose to ignore that last comment and look at the time. I had about an hour before I had to head to the Garage for my shift. Might as well get ready and go in early. I had nothing better to do. I grab my uniform from my room and quickly jump into the shower, not even registering that the water was almost icy cold. I jump out and get dressed before grabbing my phone and heading out of the house. I plug my phone in and blast my music so loud my teeth rattle

"There's just so much God damned weight on my shoulders  All I'm trying to do is live my motherfucking life  Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder  Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside " Five Finger Death punch Sings to me and I belt out the tune as I drive off to the Garage.

******

I Curse as I slam into someone.  I had just gotten to work and Was trying to zip up my uniform when I had run into someone. 
 

"Watch were you are going Carver!" A familiar voice snarls at me. I look up to see Kenna Coyne giving me the death glare. I sigh. Kenna Coyne was Oliver's best friend and even four years later she still hated my guys for what I did to Oliver in High school. Not that I blamed her. She also happened to be the Bosses daughter. I give her a small smile and step out of her way.

"Sorry Kenna wont happen again." I mumble and move away I hear her call after me.

"Whatever Lucas, You'll never change." I shake my head. How the hell did Oliver put up with the b***h? Then again she was always so nice to him and the others. It was just me she was nasty with, again Dont blame her. I clock in and make my way over to Mr. Coyne's office, knocking on his door before entering.

"Good morning sir. I was wondering if there was anything for me to do?" Mr. Coyne, Or Garrett as he preferred us to call him, looks up from the papers on his desk and gives me a kind smile and nods.

"AH Lucas, yes there is something. Mrs Seoul-Oh is bringing in her car today, the transmission blew. We have the part its over there, would you mind installing it when she comes in?" He asks pointing to the package on the chair. I nod and grab it.

"When will she be here?" I ask. Just then there is a knock on his office door and Kenna comes in, gives me a glare and smiles at her father.

"Papa Mrs. Seoul-Oh is here for the transmission." She says. Garrett just grins at me and I nod curtly before heading out. I see a young woman with a young boy and a baby girl in her arms. The little boy was running around pretending to make his toy plane fly around.

"Terrance Shawn Seoul-oh Stop Running around before I take that toy!" She says sternly and the little boy stops running and sits down with a pout. I smile and laugh.

"Mrs. Katharine Seoul-Oh I presume?" She nods

"Yes, Call me Katie though.' I offer her my hand and we shake

"Lucas Carver I will be your mechanic for the evening, You're here for a transmission exchange correct?" She nods. "Alright I have your information here, Just drive your car to door number four And I'll take it from there." She gives me a huge smile and tugs her two kids along, getting into a highlander. It is the same color as Jeremi's and I am hit with unbearable pain, my breath leaving me. I stare at the ground, trying to blink back the tears as she drives her car into the garage. She rolls down her window.

"Sir are you alright?" She asks with concern. I look up and smile, giving her my famous smirk and nod. She smiles back and gets out of the car, taking her baby and the small boy before handing me the keys. "Do you have my cell number?" She asks. I look up her number on her information and nod. "Great just call me when its done." She says before taking her phone out and calling someone. "Melina? yeah can you come get me? I need to run errands  while my car is in the shop?" I hear her say as we walks away, the little boy following behind. I make sure the car is locked before getting to work swapping out the Transmitter for the new one. I quickly get lost in the work and don't even register Rolland strolling in for his shift. About Three and a half hours later the car was working smoothly, The transmission running perfectly. I look at my handy work with pride before driving the car out of the Garage and parking it in the pickup area. I head inside and call The woman back. Twenty minutes later after some paperwork I am handing her the keys and watching her drive off. I head back in and notice a toy laying defeated on the ground. I bend over and realize its the boys small plane. I stuff it in my pocket and quickly ring up the girl again. 

"Hi Mrs Seoul-Oh? This is Lucas Carver. I believe your son left his toy plane here. I'll leave it in the main lobby for you." I say and hang up the phone. I go about the rest of my day, Fixing two more cars, a bunch of oil changes and one car inspection, deeming the car worthy enough to still be driven. At Five thirty I clock out and head to my car, Blasting music until my ears hurt as I head back to the house. I get home and make my way inside. The depression I had been staving off at work comes crashing back when I look about my empty house. Jeremi Usually had food cooking and Regan would be in her play pen gurgling away, her face lighting up when she saw me. Now the play pen was empty, the house smelling of stale food from the other night. I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

"Jeremi Please come home." I whisper as I slide down the wall. I would rather be beaten hundred times by my father then feel this empty without my family. I Get up and make my way to the bedroom, just wanting to sleep and not have to deal with this pain . A cold draft brushes against my legs and I look in the direction and realize its coming from Regan's room. I swallow and slowly open the door. The open window stares me in the face and I feel hot tears slide down my face. And I lose it. I fall to my knees, wrapping my arms around me and break down.

I need my family back. I need them back. I would do anything to get them back.

***JEREMI POV***

I stare at my phone, The familiar number pulled up and silently watching me. It was around three in the morning and I couldn't sleep. My mind just wouldn't shut off. I sigh and press the call button, putting the call on speaker.

"Hello? Jeremi?" His voice washes over me and I can hear the emotions so clear in his voice. Panic, Fear, Regret, Relief, Love. So much love. I don't say anything just let his voice calm me. It was only a day and already I missed him terribly. I let out a small sob and hear him swear. "love please don't cry. Please love talk to me." He whispers, his voice thick with tears.

"Lucas? Why?" I choke out and hear him sigh. I can picture him running his hands through his hair, making it a rats nest that I would normally forcing him to sit down so I could brush out.

"I have no good excuse Jeremi. I messed up. But I wont anymore. I promise. No more drinking, No more drugs. NO. MORE. Arnold." He says with such force. I nod even though he cant see me.

"Goodnight." I whisper and go to end the call.

"Jeremi Please No!" He cries and I hang up,  not wanting to hear the panic and desperation. I curl up around myself and grabbing a pillow Sob into is so I don't wake up the others.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing