Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***LUCAS POV***

I groan as I shift, feeling pain spiking in my head. I really need to stop waking up like this. I open my eyes and nearly Yelp in surprise when I see Two small faces Peering up at me.

"Uncle Lucas are you awake yet?" Karter, My nephew says, His eyes wide with excitement. Kathy, His twin sister nods her head, practically bouncing. I groan again. "Are you sick?" He asks with worry, his eyes going round. I shake my head, wincing at the pain and sit up, rubbing my hands over my face.

"No kiddo I'm OK, just have a headache. Nothing to worry about. The only thing you have to worry about is THIS!" I shout and lunge at him, Making him and Kathy squeal with laughter and try to run away. "RAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!" I shout and scoop him up, tickling him. He shrieks , his shrill scream going straight to my head. I wince but don't stop. I loved my Niece and Nephew right to death, and would do anything for them. I put Karter down and Tackle hug Kathy, making her giggle as she tries to squirm away. I laugh and kiss her cheek before putting her down. They scamper away, no doubt waking up my sister to tell her I was awake. I sit back down as the pain in my head throbs. How the Hell did I get to my Sisters House? The last thing I remembered was.... ROLLAND! He yelled at Arnold and then dragged me out of the hotel. He must have brought me here. A minute later Fiona comes walking in, her twins holding each hand, she gives me one look before heading to the kitchen to get them breakfast. I trail in behind them and sit between them as they giggle. I stick my tongue out at them and laugh when I see their pouting faces.

"Here." Fiona says handing me a glass of water and some Aspirin. I give her a grateful smile and knock back the pills, quickly taking a sip of the water. "Jeremi thinks you came here after work to tell me about You know whose. So you might want to text her or let her know." She says tossing me my phone. I check to see that Jeremi had sent me a few messages. Getting up I head over to her sliding glass doors and slip out onto the deck to call my Fiancée.

"Hey baby, how are you?" Jeremi says and I smile when I hear Regan in the background gurgling away.

"I'm fine, Just woke up thought I'd give you a call. I think I'm going to spend a few hours here until my class then come home. Is that ok?" I ask leaning against the railing.

"Yeah that's fine, its good to talk to her about things. Get your mind off stuff." She says and I feel a pang of guilt. Rolland lied for me to cover my a*s and Jeremi didn't suspect a thing. I chat with her for a little and she tells me that Rolland and Oliver was coming over tonight and so was Allen. Great, that kid again. Just Wonderful. We hang up and I go back inside to see Kathy and Karter finishing up their French toast sticks.

"Bye Uncle Lucas!" They say at once as they slide out of their chairs and rush outside to play on the play set. I shake my head and help Fiona put away the dishes.

"So You knew?" I said knowing she would know what I meant. She nods her head.

"Yes I was the one that the facility called to inform me, They still have the house phone as your main contact number." She says as she starts the dishwasher. She turns around and leans against it as I lean against the sink, my arms crossed. "Lucas I know you're afraid, but you cant turn to Drinking and drugs, It almost destroyed you last time, and to be honest I don't Think we can pull you back this time." She says her voice taking on a worried Tone. I hated that tone, it was the same tone she used when I still lived with her and she slowly watched me drown myself in drinking. I glare at her.

"I'm Fine. So I got drunk a few times with an old friend. Its not like I'm going back to my old ways." I snap brushing it off. She just shakes her head.

"Luca" She says Using my old nickname back when we were little. " I know you're afraid of Father, but He wont touch you." She says. I huff.

"You and I both know that that's bullshit." She shakes her head.

"I took out a restraining order out on him and mother when this came to light. It was for five years. You still have a year and a half left on it. So when they are released today. They cant touch you." TODAY! the word freezes inside my brain. My father was getting out today? Was he already out? Was he looking for me? My blood runs cold and Goosebumps appear my arms as a shudder goes through me. Fiona looks at me and comes over to pull me into a hug.

"Luca Calm down, He wont hurt you again. he wont lay a single hand on you." She says and I let her wrap me up in her arms and hug me. I nod, My body numb with fear. He was getting out today. He was out. He was roaming the streets. My throat burns and All I want to do is just Obliterate the memory of him from my mind. I needed a drink. I push out of her arms and run a hand through my hair.

"I need to take a drive. where are my keys. I want to go home and shower before I go to my class." I look at the clock. I had a few hours before I had to go to class. Maybe I could go to Arnold's and get a fix. Fiona just gives me a sympathetic look but nods and digs in her pocket for my keys. She hands them to me and I give her a kiss on the forehead. "Tell the terror twins I love them. She glares at me.

"My Children are NOT band members of Motley Crue can you NOT call them that!" She snaps making me laugh. The base guitarist and the drummer of The band Motley crue were called The Terror Twins back in prime of the Band. I called Kathy and Karter the Terror Twins because they would be Mini Devils when they wanted to be.

"What ever you say big sis. Laters. Love you." I say and head out. I get in my car and decide to play some Motley Crue as I drive to Arnolds.

"A star-spangled fight Steel-belted Heard a scream Now I'm black, I'm black, I'm black Another sidewalk's bloody dream I Heard the sirens whine My blood turned to freeze You'll see the red in my eyes As you take my disease." Vince Neil's voice screams at me and I sing along to the song Knock Em dead, my favorite one by motley crue. I speed and race to the old hotel. When I get there I quickly lock the car and run inside, noggin up the steps.

"Yo Arnold You here?" I call, knowing he was, I saw his truck out front.

"Yeah!" I hear him call and I just Grin when I step in and see him chilling. "What you need?" He asks. I point to the mirror and he rolls his eyes. "Really?" I shrug.

" My father got out today. I just need something to take the edge off while I'm in class." I state and head over. I laugh when I see the chick passed out on the other side, a blanket tossed over her clearly naked body. "Well I see you got busy." I say and sit on the floor. He shrugs.

"Yeah Jason went home earlier and I was bored." He says and nudges the girl. "Hey you need to leave now, come on get up." He says gently as he slowly wakes her up. She blinks and grabbing the blanket she moves to the other side of the ballroom to change into the clothes she gathered from the floor. A few minutes later she calls goodbye and saunters out of the room. I shake my head. Arnold had always been a player. He does his work and gives me the mirror and a rolled up bill when he was done, two neat lines ready for me. I quickly take them and rub my nose when I'm done, standing up.

"thanks man. I'll see you around." I say and head out.

"Tonight?" I look over and shake my head.

"Nawh I got to go home, Jeremi's brother and Rolland are coming over. I cant stand that up." I call. A flash of anger fills his eyes but disappears. He Shrugs and smiles.

"Alright man well you know where to find me if You get too Bored." He says and leans back against the couch, texting away on his phone. I call goodbye and he gives me a small salute without looking up. I jog back down the stairs and head to my car. I could already feel the effects of the stuff in my system as I zoom off toward my Dynamics class.


**********

"Hey Jeremi I'm home? Where are you?" I call when I walk through the door to see my girls not in the living room or Kitchen. "Jeremi?" I call. Still nothing. Panic floods through me and I tear down the hall to Regan's room. I fling the door open and stare when I see that she is not in her crib. "JEREMI!" I shout and I hear a small whimper from my room. I rush to it and fling open the door, my heart calming when I see my bed. Jeremi was sleeping softly on the bed, Regan in her arms. She must have put her down for a nap and decided to take one too, But Regan was up already. I walk over to the bed and pick up my daughter. "Hey baby girl." I whisper kissing her cheek. I sit down on the edge and nudge Jeremi. "Love its times to wake up." She groans.

"No." she whines and rolls over away from me. I put Regan down and Lean against Jeremi, kissing her neck.

"You need to wake up now." I whisper in her ear making her shiver. I kiss along her jaw until I get to her lips, hovering right over them. "I wont kiss you until you wake up." I tease making her whimper and pout. She opens her brown eyes and stares into mine, the puppy dog look coloring her face. I make a face at her. " I cant resist it." I whine and Kiss her deeply. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me down so that my weight was on her. I tear my lips away. "Regan is right there." I whisper wanting nothing more then to sink under the covers with her. She sighs and lets me go. I sit up so she can get out of bed.

"Come on Silly girl lets go get ready for tonight." She says scooping up the baby. She looks at me "You coming?" I shake my head. I needed a shower, my heart was still pounding with the affects of earlier and I needed to calm down.

"I'll be right out. I just need a shower." I say and grab the towel out of the closet and head to the bathroom.

***JEREMI POV***

I just put Regan in her playpen when I hear the Shower go on. Then I hear Lucas's phone go off, Playing a ring tone I had never heard before.

"I cant feel my face when I'm with you But I love it, but I love it, oh I cant feel my face when I'm with you But I love it, but I love it, oh" The weekend sings out from the bedroom. I walk in and snatch it off the bedside table where Lucas had left it to charge. ARNOLD! flashes across the screen. Anger boils in me and I answer the call.

"Arnold Why dont you just LEAVE him ALONE!" I shout into the phone. I heard Arnold snicker.

"Just calling to see if he wanted anymore to take the edge off. that's all."

"What the hell are you talking about Arnold?" I ask though I think I already know. He just laughs.

"They guy was at my place last night and Rolland had to peel him off the floor. He was too Stoned and drunk to do it by himself." He says with laughter and hangs up. I stare at the phone.

"MiMi?" Comes a quiet voice. I look up to see Lucas standing in the doorway with just a pair of jeans on, His longish black hair matted down from the shower. "MiMi what's wrong?" He asks coming into the room. I jump off the bed and put my hands up before he can touch me. Hurt pools inside me and I try not to cry.

"You lied to me. Again." I choke out and I watch as his face turns into a mask of anger.

"Arnold. I am going to KILL HIM!" He shouts, snatching the phone out of my hand. He looks up at me and guilt flashes on his face. "MiMi please." He says his voice tortured. I shake my head.

"I knew it was a mistake to take you back. I'm tried Lucas I tried to look past this but you keep hiding things from me and going behind my back! What about Regan! what is she going to think when she finds her father dead when she's older? Because that is what's going to happen if you keep this up!" I shout, my tears running down my face. How could he keep this up? " Lucas you need help, You're being an addict and I cant have that around my daughter." I say. I watch as fury spills into his face like oil in water.

"You don't understand! Every time I let myself stop and think My father pops into my head. I cant take it anymore! I need something to make it go away. Why cant you understand that!" He shouts. I shake my head.

"I do understand that! but you cant turn to Drugs and Drinking! You'll be just as bad as him!" I shout back and Gasps when I see the pure fury on his face. He takes a step toward me and i back up, hitting the wall when there was no more space to run.

"I will NEVER be like him. I will NEVER lay a hand on my child and make her feel unloved! I willNEVER become the monster he was! That he still is!" He says, his voice deadly quiet. He grips my arm tightly. "Do you hear me?" He snaps. I nod quickly.

"Lucas you're hurting me." I whimper. He lets me go quickly and turns around. "Where are you going?" I cry.

"Out Don't wait up." He shouts and storms out of the house, the door slamming making Regan cry. I rush to my daughter and quickly calm her down, tears streaming down my face as I hear his car peel out of the drive way.

"ITs ok Regan. Daddy will get better. I will make him." I say with a fierce determination. I wasn't going to let This family fall apart if it was the last thing I did.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing