Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***JEREMI POV***

Propped up on my elbow I stare at Lucas as he sleeps peacefully next to me. He had finally come home and talked to me about everything that was bothering him. He told me about the stress of his father and how drinking helped him forget. He told me about how Arnold way back when was the one he would run to when his father was practically brutal so that was why he ran to him now. It was his security blanket. And then he told me something that broke my heart. He had seen his father at the mall and then saw a girl from his class. He swore to me up and down that nothing serious happened with the girl. That he couldn't do that to me that he stopped it and told her to leave him alone. I believed him. Why I stayed I still don't know. Maybe its because the pain of losing him was much worse then taking him back and trying to fix things. I hope this time he was telling the truth. He had broken down into tears in my arms begging for forgiveness, so maybe just maybe this time will be different. Lucas stirs in his sleep and turns on his side, his back to me. I move closer and curl up against his back, kissing his bare back making him shiver in his sleep. He moans and rolls over again, his eyes opening sleep filled as and peering at me. He gives me a sleepy grin and  his arm snakes out to hold me close to him.

"Why are you still awake? Its late." He whispers, his voice choked with exhaustion. I shrug and kiss his nose making him wrinkle it. "Don't do that." He whines and pulls me closer. I was the perfect height, my head came just below his chin so could curl up against him and he could rest his chin on the top of my head. I snuggle in deeper and kiss his chest making him shudder and tighten his grip on me. " I love you Jeremi." He whispers, his breath warm on my head. I smile and move to look up at him.

"I love you too Lucas, and I know we can get through this. Together." He peers into my eyes and gives me just a ghost of his Cheshire smile.

"Together." He says and I lean up to kiss his lips passionately. I could tell by the way he was shaking that he was terrified. But like I promised Regan. I wasn't going to let this family fall apart. I would help Lucas anyway he needed. First things first... NO More ARNOLD!

***ARNOLD POV***

From Lucas:

Listen, We need to stop hanging out. 
I have a daughter I need to think about. 
thank you for everything you've done for me Arnold 
I truly appreciate it. But we need to stop haning out. 
I cant get HIgh and Drug everyday anymore. Its not good 
for Regan. I'm so sorry Bro.

Lucas

I stare at the text as Red fills my vision. This wasn't Lucas talking. It was that B***h Jeremi forcing him to say this rubbish. I knew Lucas. He didnt want to stop the partying, He never did! He needed it to help his stress over his father. I understood that. But Clearly Jeremi didn't! She just wanted him to be sober so he could take care of her Brat. I bet it wasn't even his! She was such a s**t! Ok so I didn't know that for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was! She seemed the type though... Ok maybe not but STILL! I stare at the Text in anger until the Red consumes my vision

"YOU SON OF A B***H!" I shout throwing my phone across the room. "F**K!" I seethe as I watch it break to pieces as it connects with the wall. Great just f*****g Great. I storm over to my duffel back and grab the back up phone I had. I grab it up and march over to the broken one, grabbing the sim card and sticking it in the new phone before turning it on. The new phone comes to life and I sigh with relieve. Thank whatever that this back up on still worked. Lucas's text pops into my head again and my hand tightens around the phone. How could Jeremi do this to him? didn't she know she was going to make his stress that much worse? "Fine B***h. Two can play at this game." I grumble as a plan starts to form in my mind. If she was going to try and make his stress grow, then why not help her? I would make his stress so bad that he would be forced to tell the b***h off and come back to de stress. A smile spreads on my face as I dial a number I hadn't dialed in almost four years.

"Hello?" the person asks when they pick up. I smile again. Good they kept the same number.

"Hello Mr. Carver. You don't know who this is. But I can tell you where your son works if you want to see him." I say, dipping and pitching my voice to disguise it. It didn't matter anyway, Lucas's father never met me so he couldn't know my voice, but I wanted to be safe. I heard an almost outraged growl.

"Where is he?" Comes a deadly demand making me shiver. Was this a good idea? If it got me my best friend back then yes. The outcome outweighed the means.

"He works at Old station Garage. The Coyne family owns it. He should be there within an hour for his shift."

"Thank you." the line goes dead. I hang up and smile as I lay down on the couch. I was going to get my friend back. All I had to do was sit back and watch the dominos fall into place. 

***LUCAS POV***

I grunt as a tire falls onto my foot as I take it off the car. That was going to be sore for a while. I was trying to fix the Wheel barring on an old Chevy Malibu and so far it was a pain in the A*s. Rolland was suppose to be helping me but he had to step out to take a call from Allen's school.

"Oui Carver you almost done?" Mr. Coyne calls. I look over at him and nod.

"Yeah just have to put on more wheel on then I'm good!" He gives me a thumbs up.

"Good when you're done Go see Hector, He will have your next job." He says and turns back to his own car that he was working on. Kenna looks up from doing paperwork and glares at me before brushing past me to see her father. I sigh. Seriously woman cant oyu just let the past stay in the past and move on from the Hate? I pick up the new tire and heave it onto the wheel, grateful when Rolland comes over and holds it into place so I can secure it on. When we are done I let Rolland call the customer and do the paperwork while I head over to Hector, he was probably the oldest and longest worker at the Old station Garage ad usually took over if Kenna or mr Coyne wasnt here.

"Hey Heck, The boss told me to see you about a new job. What's it this time?" I ask. The older gentleman rolls out from under the car he was fixing and points to the left.

"That guy needs an oil change. Figured it wouldn't be to hard for ya. Blue Ford Focus" He says giving me a smile. I roll my eyes at him and nod, wrapping my knuckles on the hood before walking away. "Don't do that you could scratch the paint!" He chuckles before rolling back under. I walk outside and scan around for the Ford focus, my eyes landing on it about a second later. It was sitting in the parking lot in the waiting area. Its owner leaning against it with his back toward me talking on the phone. I walk over to him and plaster a smile on my face.

"Hello sir, are you here for a an oil change?" I ask making the guy instantly stop talking. AS I get near I freeze in my place as I take in his posture. I knew who this was even before he turned around. The man hangs up his phone and slowly turns around, an evil smirk on his face as he turns to see me.

"Well if it isn't the piece of s**t. How have you been? missed me?" My father says in his deep Authoritive voice. I stare at him and he turns his pleasant smile into glare. "You will answer when I speak to you, you piece of s**t!" He snaps and I flinch back in fear.

"Ye-yes s-sir." I stutter making him sneer at me.

"Don't stutter it makes you seem like even more of a pathetic loser." He snaps. I glare at him.

"You cant b-be here. I have a re-restraining order ag-gainst you." I say mentally kicking myself for how I sounded. I sounded weak, and full of fear. The smug look in his eyes let me know he knew I was scared. He takes a step toward me and I step back.

"And what are you going to do about it you sniveling pathetic worm?" He says, his sneer still on his face.

"He will call the cops and send your Worthless piece of Trash a*s back to jail. That's what he will do." Comes a booming growl from behind me. I have never been so happy to See Rolland Hopkins in my LIFE! I whip around to see Rolland stalking over to us with a murderous glare on his face. "Sir I need to ask you to please leave." He says. My father Glares at him with so much hate I was surprised Rolland didn't burst into flames.

"I will do no such thing you maggot. This is a public place I don't have to leave." He states leaning against his car with a smirk on his face. Rolland shakes his head and grabs my arm.

"Alright then Have a nice day. We will have someone else work on your car." He states and starts to tug me away from my father. But my father was too quick and snakes his hand out, gripping my other wrist tightly, his nails biting into the veins making my hand curl. I wince and look over at him.

" I want my son to work on my car thank you very much." He snaps looking at me, begging me to challenge him. I shake my head no and he tightens his grip making me whimper and try to pull away.

"Excuse me Is there a problem here?" Kenna says. Oh Thank every entity out there for Kenna freaking Coyne. She comes walking up and gasps when she sees my father, a look of disgust crossing her face. "Sir I am going to have to ask you to leave the premises. NOW." She says in a highly Authoritive voice. Again my father glares.

"Like I told this Maggot. I will not be leaving you little B***h so Just scamper along and be eye candy for the other." He says dismissing her. She gives him a highly disgusted look and strides right up to him, pushing him away from me and standing between us.

" this little Bicth could kick your a*s into next month just using her pinky finger.  I also happen to be the owners daughter. There for I suggest you take your child abusive, sailor trash talking Pathetic a*s away from my place of work before I call the cops. I don't think they will take kindly to a child abuser attacking again. Do you?" She says with no fear in her eyes. I look at her with Awe. How could she stand up to him like that? Wasn't she afraid of him. Before I have time to process His hand flies out to smack her. But She easily catches it and with quick movements has his hand around his back and him bent over gasping in pain from his arm being twisted. She bends down to his ear. "Like I said. I can kick your A*s" She hisses "So how about you do your ego a favor and take my advise. GET LOST!" He nods and she straightens him up. Not letting go until he uses his other hand to unlock his car and get in. She slams his door and waits until he has started it and pulls away before moving from her spot. 

***KENNA POV***

I don't take my eyes off the man until I see his car vanish in the traffic. I turn around and look at Lucas who is pale white and looks like he is about to get sick. I rush over to him and grab hold of him as he stumbles.

"Woah Lucas take it easy here just sit down." I say gently. I may dislike the guy, but just the pure terror on his face would make anyone react. He looks up at me with awe and confusion. "What?"

"How can you stand up to him like that?" He asks breathlessly. I shrug and sit down next to him.

"He's an a*****e, I use to stand up to you now didn't I?" I joke smiling and nudging his shoulder. "People like him don't scare me, they just piss me off and make me want to use my Ninja skills on them. And when I say that I mean I have a double black belt in Taekwondo ." He shakes his head as Rolland sits on the other side of him.

"Why help? You hate me." He says sighing. I shake my head.

"I don't HATE you. I don't like you because I think you are a punk who still has some growing up to do. But you are a good father to Regan and I guess you treat Jeremi ok, when you're not drinking and being a complete jerk. AND you haven't hurt Oliver since high school. So I don't hate you. I just think you need to grow up some more. Ya know." I say with all honesty. He nods.

"Yeah I get what you mean." He looks at me and smiles and I can see the handsome guy Jeremi fell for. "Thanks Kenna. and Thank you Rolland for sticking up for me when I couldn't. You know what thank you both." He says. Rolland gives him a one arm hug and I reach over and squeeze his hand giving him a small smile.

"Alright lets get back to work. And I will let my father know not to let him around. He knows what he looks like so We will put a poster or something up warning the others not to let him near the place." I say and stand up, dusting off my jeans before hauling Lucas to his feet. He stumbles a bit and I grab his arm to make sure he didn't fall over. "Are you ok?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"I'm not feeling well at all." He says and I believe him. His face was still pale and he still had that Sick look in his eyes. I shove him toward his car.

"Take the rest of the day off, you only have half hour left anyway. Go on go home." I say. Rolland nods.

"Yeah and don't worry about Regan. Oliver is watching her while Jeremi is at work. I'll let Jeremi know she needs to pick her up later. that way you can go home and rest." Lucas gives him another hug and turns to me. Giving me a giant smile he pulls me into a hug making me laugh with surprise.

"Go on get home." I laugh. "I'll clock you out." He gives us a thumbs up and then heads for his car, jumping in and taking off about ten minutes later. I shake my head as he zooms away.

"Did we just make a mistake?" Rolland asks me as he watches Lucas take off. I shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"He might go to Arnold." He says quietly.  I gasp.

"S**t!"



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing