Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***ALLEN POV***

I slam my locket shut and sling my backpack over my shoulder. Taking my little flip phone out of my pocket I check the time. I had maybe Four hours left of school and I really didn't want to deal with it. I was going to ditch the rest of school and skip lunch, just heading over to Aunt Jeremi's house. She had left my house over the weekend so I knew she would be home. She didn't start her shift at the nursing home until four this afternoon. Then I would have to watch Regan until Lucas got home. Lucas. That son of a b***h. I hated him with a passion. He had hurt Oliver when he was in high school and turns out he would hang Me over Rolland's head as a way of "keeping him in line". The sick son of a B***h deserved to lose everything. Jeremi was an idiot for taking him back! didn't she know that he would never change? I was only sixteen and even I could see he wouldn't change. I had seen this type of thing before in a foster home when I was eight. I knew better. But apparently Jeremi didn't. I sigh and stuff my phone back in my Pocket and head toward the Gym where I knew there was a door I could sneak out of. I round the corner near the Library and groan when I see Brittany, My current girlfriend. Sure she was beautiful, and frankly up for anything, but she was such an Air head. Why did I even date her to begin with? I Hide around the corner and watch as she talks with one of the football players, touching his arm lightly and laughing. Anger sizzles in me. The F**k! I may be considered a player but I NEVER cheated or flirted with a girl while dating someone. Brittany was clearly flirting with this kid. When I took a closer look I realized it was Brad Fowl, A linebacker for the Riverside Panda's. Our High school team. I wait until they disappear into the library before bolting, my phone already out of my pocket and a text under way.

TO BRITTANY:
We are Over.
Have fun with Brad.

I snicker as I wait for it to send. Ugh I needed a new Phone! Maybe I could ask Jeremi for one of her old ones. I knew she kept at least two of her old ones as back up. I go to the Gym and swear when I see that there was a senior class in there playing badminton. Well I guess I'll have to use the Auditorium. I make my way to the auditorium and slip in, knowing no one use this place this period. I run down the isles and hop onto the stage, quickly walking backstage. I snicker when I see the grand piano, remembering Rolland telling me about his and Oliver's make out sessions there. They had even Had sex on the piano before maybe four months into their relationship. That had been after the assault trial that had almost tore me away from him. I shudder, my mood darkening. Stupid Jeff Morgenstien! I snicker when I remember that he was now on the registry for praying on minors. Good he deserved it! I pass the piano and make my way to the door that let outside near the football field. It was the door that the Drama kids used when they put on plays to get in and out of the building without the audience seeing them. I shoulder it open, cringing when it squeaks and echoes through the dark place. I quickly step out and slowly close it behind me. I turn and face the field with a smile. YES I WAS OUT! I go around the building, trying to stay out of view of the windows of the classrooms and make my way to Tim Horton's. Might as well grab a Lemonade while walking to Jeremi's. I had my License just not a car yet. I would love to get Oliver's Mazda but he refused to give it to me, claiming that he would drive it until he finally died with him in it. Just then my pocket vibrates and I pull out my phone reading the text Brittany had sent me.

FROM BRITTANY
Fine. I will.

She replied and I glare as a picture of her and Brad kissing flashes across my screen. WHAT A B***H! I delete the picture and her text, Hell why not all of it? I quickly delete her number out of my phone. The Nerve of some people! I Walk faster to Tim Horton's and exchange my phone for my wallet as I head inside. I check to see that I still have forty dollars from mowing my neighbors yard, and trimming his hedges. I get in line and order a raspberry lemonade. I pay the girl, giving her a wink before leaving and heading to Jeremi's. It was about a half hour walk to Aunt Jeremi's from the High school. I take out my small IPod shuffle and put my head phones in. Listening to music as I drink my Lemonade and walk.

"The ride were he is about to begin  Im waiting for it to come back again  Sides are taken dont step out of line Turn back now or always ask why  Around we go  These tracks of life  Holding on to this bar so tight  You twist and turn  Until you fall I roll my eyes Ignore your call I said you said it never really matters so why do we ride this roller coaster I said you said it never really matters so why cant see in That this is over This roller coaster is going nowhere is going nowhere once again It never ends A steady climb quickly descends You scream and shout Go back and forth Still holding tight Trapped on this course"  Adam Fithian sings to me as I listen to Roller Coaster by Prospect hill. Prospect hill was by far one of my favorite bands closely followed by Halestorm. I listen to all the Prospect hill songs I have then a few Halestorm songs before I finally turn down Jeremi's street. I groan when I see the bright yellow car in the driveway. Great Lucas was home. I walk slower toward the house, debating whether or not I actually wanted to go to their house. I really didn't want to deal with Lucas. I finally notice that Jeremi's Highlander wasn't in the driveway. Where was she? My eyes widen. Was she really stupid enough to leave Regan with Lucas? I quicken my steps, not wanting to leave that innocent child with her horrible drug addict drunken father. I run down the driveway and cut across the yard to the front door. I don't even knock I just let myself in.

"Jeremi? Are you Home?" I shout. I hear someone curse and then I hear Regan crying.

"You woke her up thanks a lot." Lucas grumbles coming out of the kitchen and heading to his daughters room. I glare at him. 

"Where's Jeremi?" I snap following him. There was no way I was letting him be alone with Regan. No F*****g way. He gives me a glare and enters Regan's room. She was standing up wobbling as she cried. 

"She's at work. Took an earlier shift so that we could go out to dinner tonight just the three of us. As a family. " He says. I snort. What family? I think in my head. He picks up Regan and she instantly stops crying. He smiles wide and kisses her forehead. "Hey baby girl did you like your nap?" He whispers heading back into the living room. " What are you doing out of school? don't you have like four hours left?" He says putting her in her play pen and handing her a toy to chew on. I snort again and head to the kitchen for a soda. 

"Yes I do. But Jeremi never minds when I crash here. Plus what are you doing home? Thought you worked today with Rolland" I say opening the fridge and grabbing a sprite. I head back to the living room and sit on the couch. Lucas starts cleaning up. 

"Took the day off to spend time with my Daughter." He says continuing to clean. I glare at him until he finally sighs and turns to look at me. "You know I can feel you glaring at me. Is there something you would like to say?" He says crossing his arms. I shrug and take a sip of my soda. "If you're not going to say anything then stop glaring at me."

"I just think Jeremi is not thinking right taking you back." I state. I watch as anger wells up inside him but he squashes it down as guilt fills his blue eyes. 

" Maybe you're right. But I'm not messing up again. I wont lose my family." He says with fierce determination. Yeah right. I've heard that one before. I just shrug. 

"Maybe you wont maybe you will. We'll see." Was all I say. He glares at me and continues to clean the house. He makes Regan some lunch when she starts to get grumpy, letting me have free range on food for myself. We don't talk to each other except to decide on a show to watch. He sits on the floor and plays with Regan, playing with her toys and laughing when she giggles at the colors one of them makes. I smile. He may be an a*s but he was good to Regan I guess. I had heard that he had always been good with kids.  My thought turn dark. Then why the F**k did he dangle me over Rolland's head? I was just a kid then! Four hours fly by and I get off the couch only to scoop up Regan making her shriek with laughter. She was such a happy baby. I prayed to every higher being out there that her father did not destroy that on her. I tickle her and kiss her forehead. "See you soon cutie."  I say before putting her back down. "Bye" I snap at Lucas. He just grunts out a response but other wise doesn't say anything. I slip out of the house and head back to the school. Oliver was picking me up today so I had to make it look like I had been at school all day. Just then my phone vibrates and I pull it out to see that it was a text from Jeremi telling me that she didn't need me to babysit after all. I tell her ok before stuffing it back in my pocket and taking my IPod to listen to. I shuffle around until I find a song I like

"You lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly, Touch the moon up in the sky, when you are mine  You lift me higher, take my spirit, make it fly,  Where all new wonders will Appear " I sing along to the Lift by Poets of the Fall as I make my way home. Still praying that Lucas didn't ruin everything for Jeremi and Regan. That twisted son of a B***h

***JEREMI POV***

"Hey the brat was here again." Lucas calls as I walk into the house. I laugh. 

"Well hello to you too and what brat?" I say putting my work purse on the dinning room table. I spy Regan in her play pen and walk over to her. "Hey silly girl!" I say bending down and picking her up to kiss her. Lucas comes out of the kitchen and smiles at us. 

"Allen. You know he hates me right?" He says pushing off the wall to come over to us. "Oh and HI." He leans down and gives me a deep loving kiss. I frown as he pulls away. 

"He doesn't hate you, he just, doesn't like how you act sometimes." I say carefully. It was no secret that Allen didn't really like Lucas. I wouldn't go as far as Hate, Strongly dislike maybe, but not hate. Lucas shakes his head. 

"No he hates me. Just look at his eyes. There is hate. Pure raw Hate there." He says. I shake my head and head to Regan's room to get her ready to go out to dinner. We were going to go to Rosellos one of the best places around. It had great food and cheap prices, and it was children friendly. I get her dressed and put on socks that look like shoes before throwing together a small diaper bag. "Hey baby? Are you wearing your sandals or flats?" Lucas calls from our bedroom. I grin like a fool. He was so sweet, always getting me my shoes or holding my purse when I need him too. He never complains. I call back saying flats.

"You're daddy is amazing, even if he is a pain in the butt some times." I whisper to Regan as I pick her up. Hands around my waist make me jump. 

"I heard that." Lucas growls in my ear before kissing my neck. I flush and lean into him, wiggling against him until he groans. " Do you want another child?" He whispers making me giggle. I turn in his arms and he lets go of me to take Regan. "I brought your flats, they're right there." He says pointing to the door. I walk over and slip them on, grab the bag and the three of us head out to the Highlander.

*****

"Hello, A table for two and a high chair?" The hostess says with a bright smile. We nod and follow her to a quaint little area. "Table or booth?" She asks. 

"Table" We both say and she just flashes us another smile before seating us, giving us our menus. 

"Alright Christine will be your waitress today she will be here shortly to take your order. I will be right back with the high chair." She says and leaves to get the chair. two minutes later she comes by and sets the chair up for Regan. Our waitress comes and we give her our drinks and our food since we already knew what we wanted. Four cheese Pasta for me and Steak and mashed potatoes for Lucas and a side order of potatoes for Regan. We have some mild conversation as we wait for our food. The waitress comes back with our drinks 

"This was a great idea." Lucas says with a smile reaching over the table to take my hand. I blush and pick up my mountain dew

"Here's to new beginnings" I say and raise my glass. He laughs and raises his glass clinking it against mine. 

"To new beginnings." He whispers. Our food comes and we dig in, Laughing when Regan takes her and stuffs it in her mouth. We eat and talk and laugh until we are ready to go home. Lucas insist on paying the bill and we head home. I am exhausted, nearly half asleep when we pull into our drive way. Lucas swears. "What the F**k is  He doing here?" He growls. I lift my head and look over to who is sitting on our porch, my eyes Widen as the headlights land on him. 

"Arnold." I snarl.

***ARNOLD POV***

I squint as the Lights hit me. I jump off the porch steps and walk over to the car as the Driver side door opens. 

"What the F**k are you doing here Arnold?" Lucas booms as Jeremi slips out of the other side. I give my old friend a huge smile. 

"Hey man What's up with you ignoring me?" I ask completely disregarding his question. He glares at me and looks at Jeremi. 

"Bring Regan inside. I'll deal with him." He says kissing her and then grabbing me, dragging me down the drive way. "Get lost Arnold. I'm done with you." He growls dangerously. I smirk and yank my arm out of his grasp. 

"I'm here because I have something to tell you."

"Whatever it is I don't want to hear it. Get lost." He growls. I smirk again. 

"Not even if its about your parents?"

He Stares at me as horror fills his face. My smirk grows. Got him now.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing