Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***ROLLAND POV***

I look up when I hear someone walking over to me and see Lucas dragging his feet as he goes to clock in.

"Yo Carver You ok man?" I ask as I see the tortured look on his face. He clocks in and comes over to stand next to me. I look up from under the car and give him a raised eye brow. "You ok?" I ask again. He sighs.

"My parents are being released sometimes this week." He whispers, I stare at him.

"I know your mom is suppose to get out this year, But your Dad? He has another three years!" I say, my voice hushed yet booming. He shrugs, anger in his eyes.

"Good behavior bullShit" He says bitterly and I shake my head. That was just messed up. That man didn't deserve to ever be free.

"Does your sister know?" He shrugs, a helpless look in his eyes mixed with panic.

"I don't know I haven't talked to her. But she has nothing to worry about. They never laid a hand on her.". I just shake my head and continue to work. He lapse into a comfortable silence until someone calls him over to help put new tires on a car. 

"Hey Rolland, Oliver wanted to know if it was ok if he and I went out tonight." Kenna says walking over to me. I look up at her and give her a small smile. In the few months that I had lived with her and her family she had become like a younger sister to me and a older sister to Allen. She was still the same as she was in High school, with her hair blonde and the tips black and Red. Oliver still to this day insisted he dye her hair every time she needed it retouched. Those two were still inseparable and she would still cast guarded looks at me, but I now knew it was just the protective side of her showing through and it didn't mean much. I shrug and finally get up from under the car, having finished fixing it.

"Yeah I don't mind, Have, just make sure he doesn't do anything stupid again." I say smirking at her as she blushes. Last time the two of them went to a club Oliver go so drunk he started dancing on the table making every gay man in the club want to take him home that night. The next morning he woke up and had so many phone numbers in his pocket it made me slightly jealous. That was MY husband no one else's!

"I'll try not to." She says winking and walking away, most likely to head to our place. I look over at Lucas, making sure he was still ok and see him fixing the ball barring's on a car, a frustrated look on his face. I wonder over and ask if he needs help. We work in silence as we put the new piece onto the car. I go back to mine and Call up its owner to pick it up. My shift ends about an hour later and I call goodbye to Kenna's father and Lucas before heading home. My phone Rings out Allen's Ring tone.

"So I'll find what lies beneath  Your sick twisted smile  As I lie underneath  Your cold jaded eyes  Now you turn the tide on me  'Cause you're so unkind  I will always be here  For the rest of my life" I pull over and answer the call, cutting off breaking Benjamin's what lies beneath.

"Yeah Allen what do you need?" I ask when I put the phone to my ear.

" My Girlfriend Alyssa is picking me up. I'm spending the night at her place." He says and I can hear him putting a bag together.

"I though you were dating That Brittany girl." He snorts.

"She was cheating on me so I broke up with her. that was last week. I'm dating Alyssa Courtfeild now." He says. I roll my eyes. What happened to the deer in the head lights little brother I knew and love? Who was this man w***e?

"You can NOT sleep over her house!" I say grabbing my Blue tooth and hooking it up to the phone so I could drive. I wanted to get to the house before he left. I hear him sigh and can practically hear him roll his eyes.

"Relax Her parents are home and they are setting up a air mattress in her older brothers room for me to sleep in. Do you really think I want to anger her brother. He's your age, You might know him. HIs name is Matt. Matt Courtfeild." He says "Down Panther," He mumbles and I hear the dog growl. The name Matt Courtfeild sparks some recognition in my memory and I think back to high school.

"Yeah don't mess with that kid. He was the best Left Tackle the football team had." I say smirking as a boy with Bulging muscles and a permanent pissed off look crosses my mind. Yeah I didn't have to worry about my little brother doing the nasty tonight. I ease up on the gas, slowing my speeding. "Alright fine you can sleep over. BUT ONLY tonight. Got it?"

"Yeah yeah I got it, Night Ro I love you.": He says, his voice changing and reminding me of when it was just the two of us against the world. I smile.

"Love ya too. Be Good." I hang up the call and drive home, Great how I had the whole house to myself. lovely. A car zooms past me and speeds out of view, taking the exit out of town. I frown. That was Lucas's car. Why did he leave early and Why was he heading out of town? On impulse I click on my blinker and follow him.

***LUCAS POV***

I wait about twenty minutes after Rolland left to clock out early, using the excuse that I needed to watch my sisters kids. I hop in my car and take off, heading to the old Hotel. I call up Arnold.

"Hey man, One I am pissed that you called and told Jeremi, And Two. I'm heading over."

"Alright I've have everything set up and ready. Just got a new batch today anyway." He says and hangs up. I see a car up ahead and groan when I see it is going to slow for my liking. Damnit! I wanted to get high already! I flick on my blinker and step on the gas, Speeding past the a*****e and laughing as he gets farther and farther in my rearview mirror. Ten minutes later I was parking my car and jogging up the stairs of the old Hotel. " Hey man its about time. Oh This is Jason. He's partying with us tonight." Arnold says looking up and rubbing his nose. I shrug. I couldn't care less if there was someone else there or not. I catch the can he gave me and smirk when I see that its a watermelon Four loco. I open it and take a large chug, the metallic watermelon taste sliding down my throat. I grimace. Down fall to a can? It made it taste like metal. But oh well a few of these and a few shots, with the help of something else and I wouldn't remember the rest of this night. I say HI to Jason and sit down against the coffee table, my feet kicking up between them. Jason takes the mirror and does a few before handing it to me. I take a few and quickly chug down the rest of my four loco. Arnold looks at me with slight concern as I dig around for another one. "Hey man take it slow." He says. I glare at him.

"Shut up. I will do what I please!" I snap and chug down half of that one. Arnold and Jason share a concerned look but don't say anything. I start to feel the affects of the drugs mixing with the alcohol and I smile. Wont be long now.

"Man who the hell is that?" Jason asks looking behind me maybe ten minutes later. At this point I was gone, I had chugged down three drinks and had another line. I look behind me to see someone standing at the entrance to the ballroom.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I ask, my voice slurred and barely understandable. I stand up and wobble, stumbling into the couch, laughing when I fall onto it. "oops." I slur.

"Lucas?" The deep booming voice says and I freeze.

"S**t Rolland what are you doing here?" I say glaring as he makes his way to us until he is standing in front of me. I watch him scan our stuff and his eyes land on the now clean mirror, a look of disgust crossing his features.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?" He yells, his voice booming with anger making me flinch. I hated when he yelled. I always had. He goes over to me to help me up but Arnold steps in his way.

"Back off Foster F****t!" He says shoving Rolland in the chest making him take a step back in surprise. Anger Flashes Deadly on his face and I swallow my fear. Arnold you did it now. Rolland Strides up to Arnold and Grips his shirt in his hand, lifting him off the ground and right up in his face.

"We aren't in High school anymore Gordon, I don't need to hold back. I suggest that you and your little Dope friend Leave me alone and Take Lucas. Do I make myself clear." He growls HIs voice a deadly whisper. Arnold's face pales and He nods, not even trying to catch his balance when Rolland lets him go on the couch. He turns to me. "Lucas lets go." He says and I don't hesitate I grab my phone and follow him, Stumbling down the stairs. Rolland Sighs and bends over, before I know it he is picking me up bridal style.

"Rolland, This is uncomfortable." I say with drunk embarrassment. He just grunts.

"Not my Idea Situation either now shut up." He snaps going to his car. He opens the passenger side and dumps me into it.

"He what about my car!" I whine trying to get out. He stops me.

"I have a hook on my truck, Calm down I'll tow your car home." He says and shuts the door. I cross my arms and rest my head against the head rest as I wait. Next thing I know I'm out cold.

***ROLLAND POV***

"Stupid F****r" I growl as I hook Lucas's car to the back of my truck. When I'm done I get in the driver seat and Roll my eyes when I see him out cold. I knew I couldn't take him to His place. Jeremi would Tear him a new one. Fiona! I reach other and fish His cellphone out of his pocket, unlocking it and  scrolling until I found Fiona's number. I dial it.

"Hey bro What you need?" She asks after the third ring. I start the car and put in my blue tooth.

"Hey Fiona Its Rolland. Look Lucas got drunk and he's really messed up. He cant go home." I explain and head to her house. She sighs.

"Yeah just bring him here, he can crash on my couch." She says with concern in her voice. We hang up and I pull into her driveway a few minutes later, my head lights falling on her as she waits on her front steps. She gets up and walks over to Lucas's side as I get out to unhook his car. "Hey bro wake up." She whispers shaking Lucas. He Grumbles but opens one blurry eyes. 

"Fiona? what? What happened?" He mutters picking his head up and looking around. Fiona just rolls her eyes and helps him out of the car. I walk over and hand her the keys before taking his other arm and together we drag him into the house. He collapses onto the couch which she had already made up and passes right out again.

"What happened?" She asks motioning me to the kitchen. We sit at the table and I thank her as she gives me a water bottle.

"He didn't tell you but your parents are getting out this week." She nods.

"Yeah I know, Rolland they are getting out tomorrow. Oh Lucas." She whispers.

"He's terrified. He wont admit it but he's terrified. That's why he's drinking. Its the same thing as before." I say. She nods.

"Yeah I get it. But he doesn't have to worry. Dad wont come near him, Nor will mom." I snort.

"I only met the guy once and even I know that's a lie." She rolls her eyes.

" I took a restraining order out on them both for Lucas when all this blew up. It was a restraining order lasting five years. He still has a year and a half left on it. As much as My father will want revenge I don't think he will Risk being sent back to jail for breaking a restraining order." She says.

"Lucas doesn't know that does he?" She shakes her head, a sad look in her eyes.

"I don't think so. I'll tell him tomorrow." She whispers. We get up and I say goodbye to leave before remembering something.

"Hey wait, give me His phone." Fiona gives me a look but digs his phone out of his pocket before tossing it to me. I unlock it and click open a new message.

To Wifey

Hey love. I'm crashing at Fiona's 
I wanted to tell her the news. 
I will talk to you tomorrow. I love you

I send the text to Jeremi, Guilt clawing at my stomach for lying, and covering up his mess. But I knew that once He knew about the restraining order He wouldn't go back to this. I say goodbye and finally make my way home. I really hope I didn't just make things worse.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
Do you think Rolland did the right thing???

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing