Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***OLIVER POV***

I hold Regan in my arms as I sit patiently in the waiting room. Flashbacks of waiting in this Exact seat four years ago for Rolland flash in my head and I shake them away. My mind is numb as I try to process everything that had happened. Rolland, Allen and I got to the hospital just as the cops were arresting Lucas for domestic abuse and child endangerment. I was shock but at the same time not surprised. Before they took him away I rushed to the cops and begged them to let me talk to him. He confessed to everything. How he got so high and drunk, how Arnold brought him home and put the idea that Regan wasn't his in his head, how he snapped and freaked out on Jeremi, How he pushed her and was to slow to save her. He confessed to it all. He said he knew what he did was wrong and how he needed to pay for it. Thankfully Rolland had been right behind me to grab hold of me. I was ready to punch him, to smack him, claw his eyes out, SOMETHING! He put my niece in danger! He hurt my sister! my TWIN! I wanted him to pay. I should have talked Jeremi out of taking him back, then none of this would have happened. Kenna was right. The kid never changed, he just put a sugar coated disguise on that fooled us all, and now Jeremi was paying the price. While I talked with the cops, Rolland had went to find the social worker who had Regan since he was by law her uncle as well. Turns out it was his old social worker Candice Kelly and she was glad to release her into our custody. The poor baby was exhausted and kept crying, searching for her mother and when she spotted Lucas she let out a horrible scream and tried her hardest to get to him. But he couldn't go near her, he couldn't touch her and I watched with anger as the cops took him away, tears streaming down his face.

"Olly, you need to calm down, You're shaking badly, and you'll wake the baby." Rolland says slipping an arm around my waist and hugging me to him. I look at him and give him a small smile. We had been sitting in the waiting room for about ten minutes now waiting for the doctor to say it was ok to see Jeremi in her room. Allen gets up from across from us and holds out his arms.

"Here let me see the rugrat. She likes me." He whispers and cradles her when I hand her to him. She whimpers and opens her eyes, a giant smile on her face when she looks up at Allen. He smiles at her and kisses her nose. "Hey Brat." He whispers making her giggle before falling back to sleep. He sits back down and holds her carefully in his arms. Rolland stands up and cracks his back before heading toward the vending machine.

"I'm getting some of those teriyaki sticks. Anyone else want any?" He asks. Both of us nod and he wanders away to get some. Five minutes later he comes back with his arms full of them. "We get five packets each, which means ten sticks all together." He says and tosses five to Allen and hands me mine. We munch on them quietly until a doctor comes over to us. Grateful Regan is no longer in my arms I jump out of my seat and rush to the doctor.

"Is my sister ok?" I ask without missing a beat. He looks at me and gives me a small smile nodding.

"She's fine, there was some slight swelling of the brain but it has gone down Significantly. she has a major Concussion so we will like to keep her here tonight, maybe tomorrow night depending how she is feeling tomorrow. But other then that, you sister is quite a fighter."

"Can the four of us see her? This is her daughter?" Allen says standing next to me with Regan. The Doctor nods.

"Yes, just be gentle with her please, she is exhausted, and slightly confused due to her concussion. but you can stay for a while. Room 518." He says and walks off when his pager goes off. I take Regan from Allen and the four of us head to room 518 to see my sister.

***JEREMI POV***

My head was hurting so badly, tears stream down my face. When will the meds kick in? Where was Regan? Where was Lucas? WHERE WAS MY DAUGHTER! The doctor had just left my room to go tell my family I was fine save for a massive concussion, the doctor had put some pain meds in my IV to calm the pain but they had yet to kick in. Someone knocks on my door and I slowly turn my head as it opens. Oliver pops in.

"TWINNY!" He cries and rushes in, Regan in his arms.

"Oliver! Regan!" I shout and open my arms as Oliver plops a Sleeping Regan into them. She wakes up and as soon as her eyes land on me she lets out a small cry, burying her face into my neck. I cling to my daughter. "Oh Baby. I'm here now. I'm here.. shhh everything's ok." I ramble, my tears coming faster. I clutch my daughter tightly to me. I look over to Oliver and hold out my hand which he clings to, kissing the back of it.

"You scared me so badly. I'm so glad you're ok," He sobs hugging me and Regan. I peer over his shoulder to see Rolland and Allen slipping in I give them each a smile before returning my attention to my brother and daughter. " Mom and Dad will be here shortly." He says letting me go and sitting in the chair next to me.

"Where is he?" I ask, knowing they will know who I mean. Oliver's face flashes with a rage I have never seen before.

"They took him away. He is charged with Domestic abuse and Child endangerment. Hope he rots in jail." He practically growls. I just stare at him in shock. Lucas was going to jail? But. NO! Yes I was pissed at him for what he had done, he deserved to pay the price for hurting us, but was that really jail? I didn't think so. Maybe a rehab center that would be good! because I knew Lucas. He would have NEVER done such a thing if he had been sober. And no one knew what truly happened after He pushed me. I had passed out for a few seconds, but I woke up, unable to move due to the pain in my head. But I heard him loud and clear. I heard him break down in tears as he realized what he had done, I knew that he was no longer under the influence as he made sure Regan was ok, I felt him shake me and I wanted to make a sound or move to show him I was awake but the pain was paralyzing. So I just laid there, listening as he called 911 and told them what happened. He didn't try to pass it off as an accident. He told them just what happened.

"No, They Cant!" I cry struggling to sit up and get out of bed. Rolland is quickly by my side and pushes me back down, making Regan whimper.

"Are you Crazy Jeremi! That Son of a B**** deserves everything that happens to him!" Oliver exclaims in anger. I glare at him making him shrink back.

"If anyone deserves to go to jail its Arnold Gordon. He got Lucas so drunk and High to the point of Out of control Rage and then brought him home. He KNEW something like this would happen! He should be sent to jail. Granted Lucas needs to go to Rehab. But not Jail!" I say trying to get him to understand. He just huffs and crosses his arms, going all Diva on me. I roll my eyes and hug Regan closer to me. "You're going to watch her right?" I ask trying to change the subject. His face softens and he nods.

"Of Course." Just then the door opens again and in comes my mother and father.

"Oh Baby!" My mother says and rushes to my bedside. She hugs me and kissed Regan, tears streaming down her face. "Thank goodness you're alright. What happened?" She says sitting down in the chair that Oliver gives her.. My father comes over and bending down gives me a kiss on the forehead before standing next to my mother and taking her hand. Slowly I tell them all Everything, What Arnold said to me, how he put lies into Lucas's head which in his state of mind made his drunk rage worse. The fight, and how he pushed me hard. Finally I tell them what he did when he thought I was still unconscious. How he confessed what he did, how he took care of Regan how he never stopped crying how when the cops came he instantly told them everything. When I had gotten into the Ambulance I finally passed out from the pain. When I was done I close my eyes and rest my head gently on top of Regan's. When I open my eyes I look over at Oliver and see the conflict in his eyes. On one hand he wanted to beat the s*** out of Lucas for hurting me, on the other hand he wanted to help him and Beat the s*** out of Arnold. My mother takes my hand.

"We need to find this Arnold fellow. He needs to be put behind bars for manipulating Lucas like that and then practically sicking him on you." She says her voice filled with disgust as she spits out Arnolds name.

"Don't get your mother wrong. Lucas deserves a good A** whooping himself. But maybe Withdrawals will be worse then that." My father says sternly. By this point the pain meds had kicked in and my eyes were slowly getting heavier to keep open. The pain was receding and I could feel that numbing affect spreading through my whole body, my fingers almost felt tingly.

"Mamma the meds are kicking in. I want to sleep." I whisper my eyes closing. I feel Regan being gently taken from my arms and I feel a few people kiss my forehead. "Night guys." I mutter as I hear the door open and close. when I feel like I am alone I let myself fall into a deep dreamless sleep. only one thing on my mind. Is Lucas OK?

***LUCAS POV***

"Sir I have already told you the story three times already. Its not going to change a fourth time." I say, trying and failing to keep the annoyance out of my voice. I have been at the police station for about two hours now and they have been non-stop grilling me about my story, trying to poke holes in it to see if I was covering for anyone. But I wasn't. I had Done the drinking. I was the one who had let someone get into my head and put lies there. I was the one who had gotten so angry I pushed Jeremi and caused her injuries and almost hurt our daughter.

"One more time then we will put you up for the night." The officer, Officer Mike, said. I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

"I was drinking with a friend and I guess I got too wasted. he drove me home, got into a small verbal tiff with my Fiancée Jeremi Flint. And I was so drunk I believed what he said and freaked out on my fiancée. I started yelling at her and I yelled at my daughter when she started to cry. Jeremi snapped at me to leave her alone and Punched me in the face when I started storming over to our daughter. She was afraid I would hurt her so she punched me to get me away. I was p***ed off and grabbed her while she was holding Regan and pushed her. She stumbled back and her foot caught on the chair and she fell over it holding Regan and fell. She hit her head hard against the ground and Regan fell out of her arms. I sobered up when I saw Regan fall and picked her up, she was fine just scared and that's when I realized Jeremi was hurt badly, there was blood coming from where she hit her head and so I called 911 and we went to the hospital and you guys arrested me and here we are." I say for the fourth time that night. The officer scribbles something into his notebook and looks up at me with a small frown.

"You spoke of this friend before um, Arnold Gordon. But you never mentioned that he and the victim had fought before things escalated. You said that you believed what he said? What did he say can you remember?" I wince, S***! I was trying to keep that part out. I shrug.

"It doesn't matter! What matters is that I got so drunk I almost hurt my child!" I cry, tears springing to my eyes. I quickly wipe them away and stare down at the table, not wanting to look the officer in the eyes.

"We need all the details son." He says gently. I sigh.

"Fine He said something about how Jeremi should have gotten rid of the Parasite, meaning my daughter, the day she knew she was pregnant and how he bet she wasn't even mine and how she was sleeping around behind my back or something like that and how all Jeremi wanted me for was for a babysitter." I say bitterly. the worlds hitting me like knives. I knew Jeremi wasn't a cheater and I knew damn well Regan was mine, she looked enough like me for it to be obvious. Why I listened to him I have no Idea, Ok I had an Idea. I knew that when I got like that I believed the worst in everyone and one wrong comment and I would believe it. When I got in that rage I figured everyone was after me and I had to defend myself from them. Arnold knew this too. So why would he say something like that to Jeremi In front of me? He knew I would be listening. I was still trying to figure that part out , that's why I hadn't said anything to the cops. Officer Mike writes that down in his notebook and looks back up at me and I can see it in his eyes that he was thinking of something. "What? What has that to do with anything that happened?" I asked, a slight edge in my voice.

"Would you say that when you normally get drunk you go into a rage?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah When I get that drunk especially with Vodka. Anything can set me off." I had purposely left out the drug use. I knew that would just land me in even more trouble and Get Arnold in trouble since he was the one that supplied it to me.

"Would you say that you are more susceptible to the thoughts and Ideas of others?" I narrow my eyes at him. I knew where this was going.

"Isn't everyone when they're drunk?" I say giving him a vague response. He nods and has that same thoughtful look in his eyes as he shuts his notebook.

"Alright I think I Have enough for now, Lets get you a bed for the night and we can continue in the morning." He says and stands up. He comes over to me and produces a small key to unlock the Handcuffs that were attached to the Table. He unhooks that chain, leaving me just handcuffed to myself. He grabs my elbow and helps me up, leading me out of the room and down a small hallway to the left. We go past others who were in for random things from drunk driving to loitering. He goes down to the last cell where there are no people and opens the door, pushing me inside. "Alright stick your hands through here." He says pointing to a small rectangle free from bars, just large enough to slip my hands through. I follow his order and he un handcuffs me before walking away. I rub my wrists as I walk to the small cot. Laying down I go over everything that had happened one more time in my head, trying to piece together what happened to set me off. My eyes Widen.

"ARNOLD!" I snarl.

***ARNOLD POV***

I call Lucas's phone but it goes straight to voicemail. What is he ignoring my calls all of a sudden? I glare at the phone angrily. Fine I'll call the b***h. A smile spreads on my face. I was just itching to find out what happened. Did he finally leave her? I bet he did. But if he had then why didn't he come straight here like I knew he would? Maybe he went to his sisters first. Maybe He will be here tomorrow. Meh I wont know until I call. Sighing in defeat I dial Jeremi's number.

"what the F*** do you Want?" She snarls after about five rings. Her voice sounded almost loopy. What the hell?

"Hey b***h where's Lucas?" I snap back. I hear her breath hiss out from clenched teeth.

"He got arrested. He's at the police station." She snaps. My anger boils.

"YOU GOT HIM ARRESTED YOU B****! I KNEW YOU DIDNT CARE ABOUT HIM!" I shout.

"NO I DIDNT GET HIM ARRRESTED YOU DID! He was so p***ed off at what you said. you had him believing Regan wasn't his. He grabbed me and Shoved me so F***ing hard I fell WITH REGAN IN MY ARMS! HE COULD HAVE HURT MY DAUGHTER MY INNOCENT 10 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER! I hope your happy! I hope what you have done makes you suffer." She screams and the line goes dead. I stare at the phone in horror.

I may hate Jeremi. But I had nothing against Regan, she was just a baby. He almost hurt his own daughter. Over what I said.

"What have I done?" This wasn't want I wanted to happen at all!



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
What do you think about Arnold's reaction

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing