CHapter Fourteen

CHapter Fourteen

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***ARNOLD POV***

I look up from texting some chick when I hear someone coming up the stairs, a smile on my face. Lucas appears at the top and looks at me. My eyes widen when I take in his appears.

"Holy S**t dude are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost." I ask jumping off the couch to go over to him. He stumbles in and I catch him before he crashes to the ground. "I've got ya." I say and bring him over to the couch.

"Beer Give me beer. Actually give me anything alcohol related." He says with a shaky voice. I nod and go to my cooler, grabbing a shot glass and a vodka bottle. I open it to pour it "No give me the whole thing." He snaps and takes it from me, taking a huge swig off the full bottle. " I saw my father today. Showed up at work, how the f**k did he even know I worked there. He just showed up started calling me a piece of S**t and tried to smack Kenna in the face. But she went all black belt on him and made him leave. How the hell does he know where I work? Maybe he knows where I live? Oh Gosh What if Jeremi and Regan are home without me and he hurts them!" He starts to panic ramble and he jumps up, the vodka sloshing onto his pants. I grab his arm and drag him back to the couch.

"Lucas Calm the Hell down! Are the girls home right at this minute?" he shakes his head. I smirk. perfect. "Then don't worry about them right now. They are safe. Just drink this and calm down." I say pointing at the bottle. He nods and takes another swig. I grab my duffel bag and bring out the other partying items watching as his eyes light up. I quickly put it together and hand him the mirror and bill. "You first. you need it more then I do man." He grabs it greedily and takes two lines handing me the rest. I pretend I take it, secretly putting it in my hand under the table and then putting it in a baggie when he wasn't looking. I never took from my own supply, it was like rule number one. I let him have some for free and then just amped up the pricing to cover my losses. He takes a few more swigs from the bottle and I monitor him, making sure he didn't over due it too much. When the bottle was half way full I take it from him and give him water. It was half an hour later and by this point he was to far gone. "Hey lets get you home ok? I'll drive you there." I say. I would bring him home to his S****y girlfriend, nice and high and drunk and let the dominos fall. It would mean sacrificing an hour of my night to walk back to the hotel but It was worth it. If it meant having my friend back. Lucas nods.

"I need home." He slurs. He stands up but falls back down, letting out a string of courses. His face screws up in anger as he stands up and falls again. "WHAT THE FLUCK!" He shouts in rage. I snicker to myself, careful not to let him hear me. I really didn't need him to start swinging at me.

"Let me help you?" I offer and he just nods, grumbling angrily to himself as I haul him up, putting his arm around my neck and mine around his waist so he didn't fall over again. He leans against me heavily and together we slowly get back down the stairs. " DO you have your phone?" He nods. "How about the keys." He nods again. "Alright give them both to me." He fishes in his pocket and tosses both phone and keys to me. I help him into the back seat so he can lay down and I jump into the front. I start the car and put his phone on the dashboard away from him. I really didn't need him drunk texting anyone and blowing my cover. I drive the twenty minutes to his house and pull into the driveway, a Huge smirk on my face when I see Jeremi's highlander alright in the driveway. Even more perfect! My plan was going so smoothly. I shut the car off, grab the keys and phone and then go over to the other side of the car, Hauling Lucas out and head to the door. I knock on it and lean against the wall to keep from falling over as he leans on me. Jeremi pulls open the door and glares at me with hate.

"What the FU- OHMIGOD LUCAS!" She says cutting her yelling off when she spies Lucas. He lifts his head and gives her a sloppy grin.

"Hey sexy give me a kiss." He slurs and then laughs at himself, thinking it was the funniest thing in the world. She glares at the both of us and grabs Lucas's arm.

"Why do you do this to him? Don't you know you're not just ruining his life but the life of his daughters!" She shouts at me. My anger snaps.

"You mean that Parasite you should have ended the moment you found out you were pregnant? B***h please I bet its not even his, I bet its that scumbag Lewis you were dating. I bet you were sneaking around behind Lucas back and are now just using him to watch your brat." I growl receiving the most murderous glare I Had ever seen. HOLY HELL THIS CHICK WAS SCARY! Don't back down! "YOU'RE the one stopping him from de stressing. So he drinks to calm down. Big Freaking DEAL! just give it up B***h" I snap and with that I turn around and run down the driveway and away from him. Good. now she was in a mood. Lets hope this works!

***JEREMI POV***

I glare as Arnold runs away. Good you little coward. I hear a gagging noise and pull my eyes away from him to Glare at Lucas who was leaning against the inside wall. I slam the door making him wince.

"LUCAS BRENNEN CARVER HOW THE F**K COULD YOU DO THIS AGAIN? JUST LAST NIGHT YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDNT!" I shout, my anger simmering. He glares at me, murder in his eyes as he takes a step toward me.

"DONT YOU DARE USE MY FULL NAME YOU CHEATING B***H!" HE Screams, His voice booming and echoing around the house. Regan, who had been in her play pen starts to cry, big fat tears rolling down her face. Lucas wheels around to her. "SHUT UP YOU STUPID PATHETIC PIECE OF S**T!" He screams, only making her cry harder. "Oh I'll give you something to cry about!" He growls and takes a step toward her. Fear and panic dumps into my veins and I rush past him, shoving him back away from my daughter.

"don't you DARE lay a hand on her you son of a B***h!" I shout standing in between him and my daughter. He glares at me and steps closer. I shoot my hand out and punch him square in the face making him holler out in pain and clutch his eye. Good! I turn my back on him and pick up Regan trying to calm her down. "Shhh its ok sweetie, its ok, daddy wont hurt you." I coo softly. I go to move so I can put her in her room when Lucas Grips my arm tightly. He yanks me back and it takes everything in me not to drop my daughter as he yanks my arm away from her.

"Don't you ignore me B***h!" He hisses. I glare at him and try to rip my arm away from him. He squeezes it painfully and I cant help the small yelp that leaves me.

"Lucas let go you're hurting me!" I cry, tears building in my eyes. Oh gosh Not again! He glares at me.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" He screams pointing to his eye which was already starting to bruise. "YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT!" He screams and shoves me. I catch my balance and hold onto Regan for dear life. No matter what happened now I needed to protect my child. She lets out a cry and breaks into tears, her sobs loud in my ear as her small body trembles against me. She buries her face into my neck and I tighten my hold on her.

"Shh its ok Regan. Its ok." I whisper, my eyes never leaving Lucas. He just glares in disgust.

"I bet Arnold is right! She isn't even mind you little W***e!" He snaps and takes a step toward me. I step back.

"Don't you come near me!" I hiss and he just laughs.

"I ain't afraid of you W***e!" He says and lunges at me, gripping me tightly and grinning down at me with a cruel smile and a dangerous glint in his eyes. "I'll teach you to Cheat on me." He whispers in a deadly calm. shivers run down my spine as pure fear spills into me.

"Lucas Please." I whimper as Regan screams her cries. His face turns back into the murderous mask and with all his strength he shoves me, if it weren't for my arms around my daughter he would have pressed hard against her back. I stumble and the back of my leg hit the chair. And then I'm falling.

I feel myself falling backwards and I lock my arms around Regan as we go crashing to the ground. I land, my head bashing painfully against the hard wood floor, stars bursting into my vision. My arms relax against my will and Regan tumbles out of my arms and lands on the floor, her face hitting the floor, but thankfully not hard enough to do damage. Regan lets out a piercing scream and starts to wail.

"REGAN!" I hear someone shout before the Darkness that is creeping into my vision takes over.

***LUCAS POV***

Every and Any ounce of Drugs or alcohol flees my system as I stare in horror as Jeremi falls backwards, crashing into the ground, her head bouncing off the hard wood floor with a sick Thud. My Heart Shatters as I watch Regan slip from her arms and fall to the ground a wail leaving her as her face hits the floor.

"REGAN!" I scream and rush over to my daughter. I drop to my knees and gather my daughter to me. "Oh Gosh Regan Daddy's sorry, Daddy's so sorry, Oh Baby girl I'm so sorry!" I cry, Tears falling down my face. What have I done what have I done. I Calm Regan down and look over to see Jeremi Passed out, Blood pooling around her head. "JEREMI!" I shout, placing Regan down and going over to her mother. "Jeremi?" I whisper shaking her slightly. She doesn't respond. I place my hands on her neck and let out a small breath when I feel a weak pulse. "Jeremi you're going to be ok. I promise. Oh God." I sob. I quickly fish my phone out of my pocket and dial 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" The woman says.

"This is Lucas I'm on sunset street number 18. I" I swallow. I need to man up. "I just had a fight with my fiancée and I pushed her. Oh gosh I pushed her and she tripped over the chair and fell. She hit her head." I cry.

"Is she breathing sir, please calm down. Is she breathing."

"Y-Yes. She's breathing, but she wont wake up, and there is blood. A lot of it. Please I need help" Regan Crawls over to her mother and screams when her hand Touches the blood. "Regan no baby don't touch that! Listen I have to get off the phone, I need to take care of my daughter."

"Sir please don't hang up, If you need to leave the phone on until you hear the sirens."

"Ok, Ok. I'll put you on speaker." I say and take the phone away from my ear, hitting the speaker button. I grab Regan and gather her in my arms, using my shirt to wipe away the blood. "You're ok Regan, You're ok. Mamma will be ok. The doctors are on their way." I say bouncing her up and down trying to calm her down.

Please Please let Jeremi be ok.

***OLIVER POV***

The Phone Rings loudly making me groan and curl up closer to Rolland. It'll just go to voice mail. The phone goes silent and I sigh with relief, only to groan when the ringing begins again. Rolland sighs and stretches over me to grab my phone to answer it.

"Oliver's phone this is Rolland." He says sleepily. I crack open an eye and watch as his face goes wide with alarm. Alright I'm up now. I go up on one elbow and look at him with confusion. He looks at me "He's right here hang on." He shoves the phone at me and gets out of bed, going around getting dressed. "Take the call trust me." He says without looking at me. I put the phone to my ear.

"This is Oliver." I say trying not to Yawn.

"Hello Mr. Flint? Yes this is Helen from memorial hospital. We Have your sister Jeremi Flint here, she was admitted about an hour ago with trauma to the head, she is in the ICU, you were next of kin to be called." My body freezes as the words filter to my brain. Jeremi was hurt? Trauma to the Head? What could have happenedREGAN!"

"My sister has a ten month old daughter named Regan! Is my Niece alright?" I say with panic as I jump out of bed. Rolland hands me the clothes that he had gotten for me and I try to get dressed one handed. Rolland sighs and bats my hands away and dresses me, my ear still glued to the phone.

"Regan. Ah yes she is fine, She is here with a social worker until You arrive. you are also her god father correct?"

"Yes"

"She will be placed into your custody until Jeremi is released."

"What about her father. Lucas Carver?" I ask with confusion. Wouldn't Regan be in his custody. The Lady on the other end Stalls before speaking in a very hesitant voice.

"My Flint, I think it would be best if you come to the hospital. you will be given all information there." She says and I hear the sympathy in her voice. Oh Gosh Jeremi! I nod.

"Right thank you." I hang up and finished pulling up my jeans. I look to Rolland, tears spilling down my face. He takes one look at me and pulls me into a comforting hug.

"She'll be ok Oliver. She is a strong girl. She wont give up, she has you and Regan to think about." He whispers against my head, kissing my forehead. "Come on lets go. you get the car ready I'll wake up Allen to tell him we're leaving." He says pushing the car keys into my hand. I nod and blindly rush out of the room , down the stairs and out the door, my fingers shaky as I try to unlock my car. WHY ISNT THIS WORKING? I click the unlock button and jump when Rolland's Truck beeps to life. Oh that's why. I leave my car and head to his truck, turning the car on and climbing into the passenger side door. Rolland emerges from the house, Allen behind him and the two rush to the truck. Rolland jumps into the Drives side and Allen climbs in back. He puts his hand on my shoulder and squeezes.

"I'm not leaving you alone." He says and sits back as the three of us race to the hospital. I grab my phone and dial my childhood house number wanting to talk to my parents.

Jeremi. Oh Twinny. Please hang in there. I'm coming Twinny.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
:'( Nooo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing