Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***LUCAS POV***

I lay on the floor staring up at the ceiling, too drunk to move. Arnold mumbles something on the couch but my mind is to far gone to register the words. He rolls over and peers down at me from the couch's edge.

"You Live down there?" He slurs. I drag my eyes to him and give him a smile. nodding. Woah is the room spinning or was that just me?

"I fine" I say my English broken by the liquor. He grins at me and drags himself off the couch.

"I got some grass if you're interested. I don't have the flour though. sorry." He says, stumbling to his bag. I shrug, not really caring either way. He takes his bag and grabs the stuff to make a few joints, passing me one and taking one for himself. He tosses me a lighter and I light it up, taking a puff, letting it over take me. "This is the life." He says and I nod.

"I agree Man. Why did I stop this?" I laugh making him laugh.

"Cuz you're an idiot?"

"Yes, Yes I am." We toss jokes around and take a few more hits, the stress from earlier disappearing, until my phone goes off. I check the caller ID and groan when I see Rolland's number. "What do you want?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes. be ready a*****e" He growls and hangs up. I stare at the phone in disgust. Arnold peers at me with confusion.

"What's wrong bro?" He asks I shrug and stand up, stumbling.

"Rolland. The F****r is coming to get me and I would not like to repeat yesterday. I'm out of here, when he gets here tell him you Never saw me today." I slur and stumble my way to the stairs, taking them carefully so I don't fall. As soon as I step outside I see headlight up ahead, they haven't hit me yet so without thinking I dive into the craggly bushes next to the door, trying my hardest to be quiet, and praying that the lights don't hit the bush. If they did Rolland would see me for sure. Luck was for once on my side and the Lights don't hit me. I peer out and watch as Rolland gets out of his car and stalks up the stairs, disappearing inside to no doubt Get me. As soon as I hear his footsteps on the stairs I dash out of the bushes and jump into my car, sticking the keys in the ignition and start the car, wincing when the purr of the engine is loud. Keeping my headlights off I back out of my spot and race away, praying that Rolland didn't see me leave. I needed to get out of here. I was not ready to go home and I knew if I did I would regret it. I race off thinking of a place to go to get the stuff out of my system. Maybe I could walk around the mall, it didn't close until eleven which means I had another three hours before it closed. I turn my lights on and click on my blinker, heading to the mall at a neck breaking speed. Please let no cops be out tonight!

A few minutes later I am parking outside of the Grand Mall and heading inside, pulling my hood up and putting earphone into my ears to block out the young teenage giggling girls. I walk around them and just troll around the mall, up and down, I duck into a movie store and flip through all the new releases, choosing a few that seemed interesting. I leave the store after paying and head back to the main central. Keeping my head down I head back to the car. a Laugh from up head has me freezing in my stop, my body trembling. NOno It couldn't be. I lift my head and stare at horror as my father walks toward me His friend Kyle next to him. The two men have yet to spot me and I beg my feet to move out of the way. But they don't. When they are just a few feet away my body finally unfreezes and I dive into the music store again, flinching when they walk right in behind me. I quickly duck in an isle, waiting for them to leave. I hear my father.

"Kyle what about this one? I saw previews of it, it seemed decent." He says holding up the movie Crimson Peak. I peak over and wince when my Father is looking in my direction. I duck back down, thankful he hadn't seen me. I hear Kyle say how the movie was ok and the two make their way to the cash register. My body shakes as they come into view. All my father had to do was turn around and he would be staring straight at me. My body refused to move, almost like it wanted him to see me. My eyes follow them as they leave the store, Laughing together as they no doubt head home or somewhere else to bring misery.

"Hey are you ok?" Comes a voice behind me making me jump back. I whirl around to see Jessica Staring at me with concern. "Why were you hiding from them?" She asks nodding her head in the direction my father just left. I give her a smile.

"Family drama, didn't want to deal with it." I say slipping into an old familiar attitude. I give her a dazzling smile and smirk when I see her blush. "What brings you here?" I ask leaning against the self. She holds up the movie War horse and I smile. it was a decent movie. "Good movie, You'll like it." She seems taken aback.

"You've seen War horse? But its a total chick flick." She says and I laugh. I nod my head and the two of us leave the store.

"A friend of mine has a thing for Tom Hiddleston and he forced me to watch it. It wasn't half bad to be honest." I say rolling my eyes. Oliver and Rolland had an obsession with all things Tom hiddleston and practically had every movie he was in, Crimson peak, Both thors, the avengers, War horse, Only lovers left alive, the deep blue sea and so many more. It was actually sad how much they liked him but whatever, you like who you like right? We head out of the mall and she stops pointing in the opposite direction of my car.

"I'm parked that way. I'll see you in class Monday?" She asks with hope. I give her my Cheshire smile and smirk again when her blush deepens. I point to my car.

"How about you just hang with me for a little while." I ask, my voice hinting at other things. Her smiles widens and her eyes sparkle as she follows me to my car, reminding me of a puppy waiting for treats. The sucker. I unlock the car and hold open the back door for her, letting her crawl in. I crawl in behind her and shut the door. " To be honest I've wanted to do this since the other day." I breathed putting my hand around her waist and drawing her close. Her breathing hitches up and her eyes dilate. The poor girl. I bring my face closer to hers. "Are you sure?" I breath my lips brushing her neck making her shiver. She circles her arms around my neck and brings me closer, our lips smashing together. My hands do as they please and slip under her shirt making her moan. Her hands skim across my chest making me shiver. S**t I was liking this more then I should. She shifts and sits in my lap, grinding against me. Oh F**k! I round my hips and grind back, earning a moan from both of us, She helps me out of my shirt and I help her out of her and her bra. Before I can place my hands back on her an Image of Red glossy hair and Beautiful Brown eyes Flash in my head. JEREMI! My eyes snap open as a bucket of Ice water is dumping into my veins. NO I CANT BE DOING THIS! I tear myself from Jessica. She looks at me with startled Confusion.

"Lucas are you ok?" she asks, her voice breathy with lust. I shake my head and shift, taking her out of my lap.

"I cant do this. This is wrong, very very wrong." my voice is strained as Image after Image of Jeremi rushes through my head. "get out."

"Lucas?"

"GET OUT!" I shout, my voice deep with anger. She flinches and gathers her shirt and bra, hastily putting them on before scrambling out of the car. She turns to me and opens her mouth, but I slam the door shut and refuse to look at her. I hear the small sob that leaves her as she runs away, my heart filled with guilt. "I'm so sorry Jessica." I whisper, getting out of the car.

"You're a f*****g A*****e you know that right?" a Familiar booming voice says. I look to my left to see Rolland leaning against his car shaking his head. "Why the hell would you do that?" He asks pushing off it. This was so not what I wanted to be doing right now. I ignore him and turn to the drivers side to get in my car. Before I can though Rolland grabs the back of my shirt and tugs me back, making me gag as the shirt collar chokes me. He spins me around, taking me off my feet and slams me against his own car. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO JEREMI!?" He shouts, his voice filled with disgust. I glare at him, my anger finally snapping. Without realizing what I am doing my fist flies and connects with his Nose His head snaps to the side and he lets me go as blood starts to steadily stream from his nose He spits the blood out of his mouth and wipes it away before glaring at me. "You sick f****r!" He growls and lunges at me, managing to clip me in the cheek. I yelp as pain explodes in my face, my lip throbbing from where I had bitten it. An image of my father Flashes in my mind and I whimper, dropping to the ground in submission like I had done so many times in the past.

***ROLLAND POV***

I raise my fist again to punch him but quickly let it fall back to my side when I see Lucas drop to the ground whimpering. What the f***? He looks up at me with Terrified eyes and I know there is something deeply wrong with him.

"Lucas what the hell is going on?" I ask, my voice gentle. He shakes his head and pushes himself off the ground, his body shaking with fear. "Lucas." I say with a little more boom. He flinches violently and back away from me. He closes his eyes as he slumps against my car.

"I saw my father." He says so quietly I'm almost certain I made it up. "I was heading out of the movie store when he came strolling in. I. I don't know what I was thinking. I just stood there and watches as he picked a movie like it was the most normal thing in the world. Like he hadn't just gotten out of jail for beating his child. I was standing there when Jessica found me. I just. I don't know I went High school mode and ran with it. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't hurt Jeremi more then I already had and told Jessica to get the hell out." He says, looking at the ground. I hear him sniffle and know he is trying not to cry. I reach my hand out and my heart hurts when he flinches back. He looks up at me and I am shocked at what I see. In his eyes I saw the same frightened teenager I saw when I first met him. I grab his arm and pull him into a hug. He breaks down in tears, not really caring anymore about manly macho. I hold him. He was oddly my best friend and it hurt to see him struggling like this.

"You're going to be ok." I say as he sobs. I let go of him and look him deep in the eyes. "Lucas you need to go home. Jeremi is terrified for you, and frankly you need to be with her. You need to talk to someone other then me as we beat the s**t out of each other. I can only do that to you a number of times." I say trying to make him smile. It works and he gives me a weak broken smile and nods.

"You're right. I need to talk to her. I need to tell her everything." He says turning to his car. Before he gets in he turns to look at me and opens his mouth I wave him off before he can speak.

"I'm not going to tell her about tonight. That's up to you. But if she asks me I wont lie. Understand." He nods.

"thanks man. You're a great guy. I can see why Oliver fell for ya." He says making me blush. Oh jeez.

"Alright enough sappy moments. I may be gay but even I cant handle too much Sappy. Get out of here." I say making him laugh and Shake his head. He gets in the car and I watch as he drives away. The base from his music making my ears hurt. I wait until he is completely gone before heading home. I get home a few minutes later and slip into the house.

"RO RO RO!" Beauty shouts as she spots me and flies over to me when I hold out my arm. She walks up my arm until she can but her head under my chin. I pet her feathers.

"Well hello to you too Beauty, Go find Oliver." I say and she gives off one more cry before flying upstairs to our room. I follow her, knocking on Allen's door before opening it. I peer in and See Allen listening to music while doing homework. He looks up and smiles. "Hey kid When did you two get home?" I ask leaning in the door frame. He looks at his alarm clock and shrugs.

"Half hour ago. I had to Drag Oliver home, He didn't want to leave Jeremi." He says going back to his homework. I nod. It made since. When I left to go find Lucas, per Jeremi's request, She had been on the verge of tears with fear that he had done something stupid. I push off the door frame and go over to him to see what he was working on, I wrinkle my nose.

"Ugh Romeo and Juliet. Just kill me now." I moan. Oh how I loathed that play. He makes a noise in agreement and I laugh before ruffling his hair. He swats my hand away and glares at me before going back to his homework. such a studious little brother I had. I was so proud of him. he may be a player but he always put school before everything and had gotten straight A's since 8th grade. I leave the room and head to ours, the door open meaning Oliver let beauty in the room. I hear a squawk as I walk in and laugh when I see Oliver trying to dis entangle Beauty from his hair. "What the hell?" I laugh he glares at me and points to the parrot.

"She landed on my head and now her talons are tangled in my hair, get her out!" He shouts making the bird cry again and try to move her claws making him wince as she pulls his hair. "GET HER OUT!" He cries tears springing to her eyes. I go over and hold the bird around her middle, trapping her wings so she could fly as he carefully pulls her talons out of his hair. When they were free I let go and she gives an angry cry before taking off downstairs, making the dog bark in Allen's room. Oliver sighs and flops onto our bed. "Did you Find him?" He asks peering up at me. I shrug and tug off my shirt before going to the dresser and getting out PJ pants.

"Yeah he was at the mall. He saw his father and freaked out. I connived him to go back home. He needs Jeremi more then he realizes." I say, leaving out the fact that he had been with Arnold first and the Girl. Oliver's eyes soften with sympathy and nods.

"Harsh. I just hope he straightens himself out before things get to out of control." He says tugging his own shirt off and getting ready for bed. We finish getting ready and slide under the covers. I open my arms and smile when he snuggles right into them. He turns to me and gives me his toothy grin that even after three years of dating and Seven months of marriage I still would never stop being affected by that smile. I growl and kiss him deeply.

"Do you realize how much that Smile of yours affects me?" I say and feel his smirk against my lips as he bites my bottom one.

"I think I Have an Idea." He says making me smirk as I open my mouth. He rolls over on top of me and grinds against me making me moan. Oh man did I love my husband. 

***UNKNOWN POV***

I watch as he leaves the Movie store with some girl, a smirk on my face. He had thought he was so clever hiding from me. The pathetic piece of S**t. I had seen him the moment he dived into the store to get away from me. That's why I had gone in there. Make the son of a B***h squirm. That's right son. Be afraid of me. 

"I'll see you soon son."



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


Author's Note

AChildInTheNight
Wow Some people just never change Huh?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing