Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by AChildInTheNight
"

O.O

"

***JEREMI POV***

I roll my eyes as the Cops once again asks me to tell my story.

"I already told you twice! My fiancé came home drunk, His friend Arnold said a few things to me that were quite rude and it made Lucas mad. He believed the lies and he went into a rage. No he never laid a hand on our daughter. I was holding her when he pushed me and I fell backwards. I woke up here." I say, the pounding in my head was getting worse and all I wanted them to do was just go away. The officer, Officer Mike writes in his notebook before firing off a new question.

"Would you say that Lucas is susceptible to the thoughts of others when he is drunk?" I nod.

"Absolutely. I think it has to do with his father. He was an a*****e, use to beat Lucas up as a kid until Lucas finally went to the cops four years ago. When Lucas gets that drunk he starts to think the worst of everyone and feels the need to protect himself. He gets violent because that's all he knew as a kid. If you say something bad about someone that has to do with him he goes into a rage and freaks out. He's done it before but He's never laid a hand on anyone before. He just usually yells and punches a wall or the couch. I have never seen him like this before. Something was wrong. Something happened to him to make him this way. something other then Alcohol." I say truthfully. I dont even think it was the drugs I knew he took. I knew he was doing something. but It couldn't have been that making him this bad. Arnold must have slipped something into his drink or SOMETHING. The Officer nods and stands up.

"Thank you for your time Ms. Flint. I will let you rest now. I'll be back though if I have any further questions. good day." He leaves the room and I sigh, resting my head and closing my eyes as I press the button for the nurse. She comes in with a bright smile.

"What's wrong Jeremi?" She asks. I point to my head, the pounding making it to hard to talk. She nods and goes to my IV and does something to it, releasing the pain meds. I give her a thumbs up and close my eyes again. "Just press the button if you need anything else." she says and slips out.

*** OFFICER MIKE***

The nurse jumps when she sees me still standing outside Ms. Flints room. she gives me a stern look. 

"Ms. Flint is getting some rest, I think that is all for today." I give her a smile and hold up my phone.

"I was just about to make a call that's all I wont bother her again." She give me a nod and heads down the hall to check on her other patients. I dial my partners number.

"Yeah John. Try to Locate Arnold Gordon. He is a key suspect in the Carver case."

"I thought we had Lucas Carver in custody?" He asks me with confusion.

"We do, but there is more to this then I think they are telling us. And it has to do with this Arnold person. Locate him. I want to get to the bottom of this." I hang up and head out of the hospital. A gay couple holding hands pass me and continue their way down the hall, stopping outside Jeremi's room. They knock before entering and shut the door quietly behind them. I smile and just turn to leave, wanting nothing more then to get to the station and find this Arnold person. Whatever was behind Lucas Carver's sudden rage I had a hunch Arnold was behind it.

*** ARNOLD POV***

A Private number flashes on my phone and I hesitate before answering it.

" Hello?"

"Arnold?" Comes the timid voice of my nine year old sister Kelsey. My breath freezes in my throat. I hadn't talked or seen my sister in four years. not since the day my parents threw me out of the house and told me never to go near them again.

"Why are you calling my Kelsey? You know better then to talk to me." I snap, I didn't want her to get in trouble over me. She was a good kid.

"Arnold the cops came here looking for you. Are you in trouble?" She asks disregarding my attitude like only a nine year old can. y blood runs cold. Why were they after me? Did they figure out what I did?

"Why were they looking for me? do you know?" I ask, my voice choked. 

"IT has to do with Luke. Is he ok?" She asks and I could picture her blushing. She had always had a small crush on him. We thought it was adorable. 

"I don't know." I say honestly. "Kelsey, Mom and dad dint tell them where I was did they?" I ask as panic starts to build. I couldn't let them figure out what I had done. I can hear her shake her head against the phone and can picture her clutching the phone with both hands pressing it tightly to her head. 

"No, they don't know where you are." The panic subsides. "But they gave them your phone number." Panic rises again. 

"Kelsey I have to go." I snap and take the phone from my ear. 

"Arnold Wait NO!" She cries but I hang up on her. I brush back the tears that were about to fall. I missed my sister more then anything in this world. But I couldn't see her anymore, my parents didn't want my bad influences to hurt her. Panic floods me again. They could have tracked where my phone was. I quickly shut it off and take the sim card out, snapping it in half. If people wanted to get a hold of me Oh well. A car door shutting outside has me freezing in my spot, unable to move. What was that? were they here already? I dive behind the couch, grabbing my duffel bag and an open beer off the coffee table. Making sure any signs that I had been here were gone. I huddle behind the couch and listen carefully. 

"You men check down stairs, I'll check up." Comes a strong voice and my blood chills. The Cops Were Here! 

***LUCAS POV***

I lay down on the cot, one leg off it dragging against the floor and one arm thrown over my eyes. I was so bored waiting in my cell until they officially charged me. They had appointed me a public defender but I told them it wasn't necessary. I wasn't going to try and fight this, I knew I did wrong and I needed to own up to it. Fiona had come by and yelled at me until the officers told her she either needed to calm down or they would escort her off the premises. She calmed down and begged me to fight, but I told her no. I didn't want to fight this. What I didn't tell her though was that if I was going down to, so was Arnold. I figured out what he did to me. Sure I get violent when I drink Vodka, but there was only one thing that made me THAT violent. And he knew it. He must have slipped it to me without me knowing. I had tried to get a hold of Officer Mike or his partner but they were both out on a job. So I was stuck in this cell bored off my a*s until they showed up. 

"GET OFF ME!" Comes a loud and vicious Snarl. It startles me to the point of rolling off the cot. I rub my cheek as I stand up and go to the barred door. I peer out, trying to see where the voice is coming from. My eyes widen when I spot the culprit. "GET OFF ME YOU M**********R!" Arnold snarls, kicking his feet trying to get away from the Large Police officer who held his hand behind his back, handcuffed no doubt. His eyes land on me and a murderous rage fills them "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT YOU TRAITOR!" He screams trying to lunge at me, but the Officer has him in a good lock. He wrestles him into the same room they interrogated me in yesterday, his screams muffed by the thick door. No doubt Arnold was still putting up a fight as they tried to hand cuff him to the table. Suddenly Officer Mike comes around the corner and heads to the room. 

"Officer Mike!" I shout and he looks up to see me. I wave him over and he heads over, standing in front of the cell. "Why is Arnold here?" I ask curiously. He frowns.

"I'm not suppose to say anything but since it has to do with your case I will. I believe he has something to do with your violent episode. I nod in full agreement. 

"I believe that as well. There is one thing that makes me that violent when I drink." My cheeks burn with embarrassment. If I tell him will I get in worse trouble? Doesn't matter. " I took LSD once with Vodka and it made me that Violent. Arnold knows that that drug makes me like that. I believe he drugged the bottle of vodka he gave me. Is there anyway to trace it?" I ask. Mike scribbles that in his notebook and nods. 

" we found a duffel back full of clothes and bottles of drinks, not to mention the mounds of bottles around him. We will test the ones that have your DNA on them and see if we can find anything on them. Right now we need to speak with him, I will keep you updated." He says and stuffed his small notebook in his pocket before turning to leave. Before he gets to the door he stops and looks at me. " OH and by the way, You're fiancée. She's fine. Massive concussion but other then that she's fine. SO is your daughter, she's with her uncle." He says and enters the room, Arnolds furious cursing reaches my ears before the door quietly shuts. Relief floods through my system when I think of Jeremi. Oh thank whoever was up there! she was safe! I sit down on my cot and run a hand through my hair, grateful that my daughter and Fiancée weren't hurt by my stupidity. Now All I had to do was wait. Might as well sleep until something new happens. 

***ARNOLD POV***

I glare as one of the officers comes in and closes the door, grumbling about how they could all go to hell. The officer who had wrestled me into my seat leaves once the other one sits down. I lean back in my chair as far as the handcuffs will let me and glare at him. 

"My name is Officer Mike. And you are Arnold Gordon correct?" I say nothing. I knew better then to talk. "Do you know why you were brought in?" He asks. Again nothing, I just stare at the table, hating my life. Say nothing and they cant do anything. They wont figure out what I did. " Well I'll tell you, incase you didn't know. yesterday there was a 911 call about a woman who was injured during a fight with her fiancée. Said fiancé was drunk and went into a rage. We were told a few people that you were the friend that supplied him with this alcohol and that you were seen having an altercation with his girlfriend when you brought him home which lead to the fight between them. Do you remember this?" I grumble something inaudible and he just sighs. "We have your belongings, We need to do some tests on them until then you are here for at least twenty-four hours." He gets up and leaves the room, the bigger officer coming in to bring him to his cell. He uncuffs me from the table and hauls me up, dragging me out of the room.

"Don't put me near him or I will beat the s**t out of him." I growl pointing to Lucas who was Laying on his cot. 

"Don't worry we wont." the cop snaps and shoves me in a cell two down from him. I stick my hands through the bar and he un cuffs me. Without another word he turns and leaves to go find his partner no doubt. 

"Just incase you cared. Jeremi and Regan are fine." Comes a gruff angry voice to my left. I look over to see Lucas peeking out from under his arm, Hate in his eyes. Relief fills me. 

"Good. I'm glad the baby is ok." I mutter and lay down on my cot, closing my eyes as sleep tugs at my brain. Lucas sits up and glares at me. He must have perfected that from being with Jeremi, S**t!

"Don't act like you give a DAMN about my daughter!" He growls. I shrug. 

"Think what you want but I never wanted an innocent child to get hurt. I'm not that much of an a*****e." I say with exhaustion. It was True, I never meant to hurt the baby. I shift on the cot and roll over onto my side, my back to Lucas.Was it sad that this thin little cot was comfier then the Couch I had been living on for the past five months?

"If that were the case then you wouldn't have slipped LSD in my drink and then manipulated me for months before unleashing me like that." He says bitterly. my body stiffens. S**t! He figured it out! I give a bitter laugh and shake my head. 

"Man you are more messed up then I thought. That's just crazy talk." I say, though my voice is shaky. 

"Your voice only shakes when you lie. Thanks a lot man. And you consider me family? You don't do that to family." He says and goes quiet, meaning he must have laid back down. I keep still as my mind races. If Lucas figured it out did he tell the cops? No he wouldn't do that. I may have screwed him over but he would never do the same to me. Would he? Eventually my mind gives out and I fall into a troubled sleep. Something that happened more times then not.



© 2017 AChildInTheNight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017


Author

AChildInTheNight
AChildInTheNight

About
Hi, My name Is Fenix! I have another account on here.. well two others But One of them I cant get into anymore and the other one has my poems on it. This account will have all my books and sto.. more..

Writing