The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie

It was a nice morning. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, people were going outside to take a walk. But, I have no idea why I'm saying this because it has no relevance to the story or characters. But I will tell you this, nothing happens until 12:00. So, anyway let's skip a few hours to twelve in the afternoon.
It was the crack of noon and yet David was still asleep. Well he was asleep, until being awoken by his phone. "Hello?" He said with a sound of annoyance in his voice. "DAVE!!!" It was Johnny, Daves best friend since elementary school. "Dave! You awake?" "Hmmm lemme think.. I would have to say yes." "Okay, good" said Johnny "You need to come over here, it's important." "Johnny, do you have any idea what time it is?"
"No." Replied Johnny. "But it's late in the afternoon. Just come over here, it's important." "Fine." Replied Dave, "I'll be over in a little bit." Dave then got out of his bed and walked into the bathroom. After 13 hours of sleep it was unhealthy of him not to take a leak. After his morning ritual was finished he walked towards the mirror. He was a pretty skinny guy, with long, but not too long, brown hair. He also had a scraggly beard on him. He thought he looked pretty good for 23.
If you didn't know this already, David was a slacker. He only got paid enough for food and a house, but he didn't care. He was smart, and knew the ways of mooching. David was doing very good for himself too. He was manager at the Taco Bell. He recently got fired though after showing up drunk to work and taking a leak in the the fryer.
David walked out of his house and was blinded by the light of..... THE WORLD. After getting used to it, he walked to his car. David had himself a 69 Chevy Nova, but don't get me wrong, it was a piece of junk. The muffler was rusted over 5 times and his doors could only be opened with a crowbar. He likes to tell people he washed his car when really, he just re-arranges the dirt. And you could see it on the windows.
The only thing he could take pride in about his car was the speaker system and CD collection. So, he got in (after 10 minutes of fidgeting with the door) and drove to John's place. John's place couldn't be missed if you were driving by it. It was freakin' dirty. And I mean DIRTY. But hey, it was home. I guess. David walked up the steps and raised his fist to knock on the door.But said "Screw it" and just walked inside. "Johnny!! Johnny!! JOHNNY!!!" "Yessssss?" replied Johnny with a grin on his face.
"What's the big deal? Making me come over here?" "You won't believe it." replied Johnny. "But I have the perfect idea to make money. You know how so many movies drop the F-bomb? Well, I think we could make a profit off of it!! We could copyright the F-word!!" "Oh my God Johnny! This is the greatest idea ever!!!" "Really??" replied Johnny. "No." Johnny looked disappointed at this. "Well I don't care what you say, it's super sexy awesome and you know it! Now you're going to take me and Lindsey to get a patent for it and you're not going to get your name on it! LINDSEY!!! Let's go!!"
"I'm coming!!" replied Lindsey. "Oh," said Johnny "I should put on a shirt." "Yeah," replied David sarcastically, "Even though I think it's wrong for you to hide your skinny, pale chest for the whole world to see." "Seriously," replied Johnny, "Be right back." Just then Lindsey walked in. "Where's Johnny?" she asked. "He's going to put on a shirt." replied David, "He'll be right back." Just then Johnny came back wearing a black shirt with only [Z?] written on it. "let's go, we're taking your car." And with that said, they left.


© 2010 AtomHeartZombie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on January 18, 2010
Last Updated on January 18, 2010


Author

AtomHeartZombie
AtomHeartZombie

Merced, CA



About
I'm just trying to write some stuff that I hope will make people laugh. more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie


II II

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie