2001: A Space Tragedy

2001: A Space Tragedy

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie

David did not know why but for some reason he was naked and piloting a spacecraft to a location he knew nothing about. Just then the spaceship started to talk to him. "Hello Dave," it said, "My name is GAL and I will be guiding you on this journey." "H-h-h-h-how did I get on this thing??" Stutterd David. "And where are my clothes!??" "Dave," said GAL, "There is no need for you to act in such a fashion as this. Now, swallow this pill so you may calm down."
Just then a red light beeped at the middle of the console and a cold metallic hand came out of it with a shiny red pill in it's hand. "This will make you feel better." said GAL. Without thinking David took the pill and swallowed it. "Good Dave. Don't you feel better now?" asked GAL. "Well I gue--." Just then David stopped breathing. He felt like he was underwater and there was no way for him to catch his breath.
"Try and stay calm," said GAL, "Let me sing you a song . I became operational at the G.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy ....." Just then Dave lost all sense of sound and sight. A bright light was starting to flash in his eyes. Then thousands of bright lights were starting to falsh right before him. There were colors like red, blue, yellow, and even neon green.
Then the lights started to part. He felt like he was moving forward at light speed. His breathing had stopped. He was violently shaking and could not stop himself. He was moving towards a burning white light. It hurt him to look at it but at the same time he could not look away. Just then an echo started calling out his name. "David. David," it said, "David. DAVID!"
David woke up. "Come on and get something to eat." It was Lindsey. David could barely get up from the car seat. He felt as though he was hit by a truck. "Oh yeah," said Lindsey, "Make sure you put on some clothes too." David looked down to see that he was wearing nothing but his underwear. He figured that he must have been having hot flashes of some sort in the middle of the night.
David tried to get up and could feel his skin sticking to the leather of the seat. It was as if the car didn't want him to leave. "I know," said David, "I shouldn't be outside but I'll take the risk of getting caught if it means food." After getting dressed David stepped out onto the hot Nevada ground. "Uggh." He ugghed. He looked and saw where they were. Nikki's cafe. He walked into the cool air conditioned cafe while fixing his belt. He found Johnny and Lindsey sitting at the table eating a pie that was glazed so much he could see his reflection in it.
"Here," said Johnny, "have a piece." As he handed the delicious looking pie towards David. David took a bite. It WAS as delicious as it looked. For the first time all weekend David felt as if things were going his way. Just then he heard a robotic sounding noise. *Keep on the lookout for three criminals heading towards Nevada in a 2008 Ford Mustang. They are on the run for commiting murder.* David looked up and saw a sherrif at the door of the cafe. He took one step in and then got a call on his scanner. *Officer down I repeat officer down.* "On it." Said the sherrif into his scanner. And he bolted out the door and drove off. Sirens blaring.
"Holy Jesus," Said Johnny, "That was friggin' close." "Yeah," said David. "Too close. If we want to stay out of the slammer we need to make it to Vegas." He looked outside and saw that there was a dead armidillo on the road. Roadkill. "Fast."


© 2010 AtomHeartZombie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on January 18, 2010
Last Updated on January 18, 2010


Author

AtomHeartZombie
AtomHeartZombie

Merced, CA



About
I'm just trying to write some stuff that I hope will make people laugh. more..

Writing
I I

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie


II II

A Chapter by AtomHeartZombie