Chapter One: Here we go

Chapter One: Here we go

A Chapter by MadeCheaply

Loud music boomed throughout the thin cardboard like walls that were wallpapered with silver diamonds going in vertical lines over sea foam green coloring. The carpet had burn marks and cigarette ashes all up and down the use use to be blue carpet that had faded to gray. The stains on the bed sheets will go without comment.
Alphonse sat in a chair in the room pushing his hair out of his eyes, the long honey brown hair loose from his ponytail and draped over his white button up shirt, with no creases, or stains, buttoned all the way to the top. He propped his head up with his hand, his elbow on the arm of the chair that was the ugliest beige you could imagine.
as elegant as he may have looked it was flawed with the noises emanating from the bathroom door. It sounded to be as if the devil himself was trying to crawl his way out of his older brothers mouth when in all actuality he was fighting off a bad hangover. The 22 year old Alphonse sighed rubbing his temple embarrassed with his older brothers rash thinking. Using alcohol and coming to a town like this couldn't hide the pain, the loss, or the confusion, it only made things worse.
By the time Edward stepped out he looked like a million bucks. freshly brushed teeth, his hair pulled back into a ponytail, his shirt unbuttoned slightly at the top which always bugged Alphonse, you wear clothes you wear them right. And his chin had small hair on it from forgetting to shave, it wasn't even noticeable but with as many meaningless kisses he's had, woman often complained about the fuzz scratching their chin. He looked towards his brother with those ageless golden eyes and felt a smile creep up.
"Lets go try and make some money" he said.
"We have spent every last cent we have, face it, coming here to try and fix our situation was a mistake" Alphonse had said standing up and sighed.
Edward sighed and shuffled his hands in his pockets. "I have 50 dollars, if we split it evenly and find just the right place...I feel like we can win" he said and waited for a response.
"Fine" Al said softly and Ed grinned, "Oh trust me, I believe today will be our day" he said and Alphonse nodded just to get him to move along. They grabbed the card keys and shuffled out the door and down the hall. 
The black slacks only barely touched the floor in their black shoes over the royal red carpet. Every step they took the music got louder and louder eventually the big golden doors opens into paradise.
How did the famous 'FullMetal' alchemist get to lose all his money. Easy.
He trusted the wrong people.
Leaving him and his brother with no other choice but to run with what little they had and try to gamble getting it back. Some days were luckier than others. On some days they would just stay in that shabby hotel room ashamed of themselves. The only reason they stayed in the shabby room was because Alphonse had decided to work there. In return he asked for a room. unfortunately the only room they had to give and they wouldn't miss was the room where more than 3 murders and often disgusted the people who rented it out.
They weren't proud of it but it was the best they could do.
Now, the neon lights flickers, music played, dice rolled, women in cocktail dresses and the occasional yelling from a winner across the room all came together with the smell of cigarette smoke and booze, Edward mouthed.
"Today is our day"


© 2011 MadeCheaply


Author's Note

MadeCheaply
Questions? Who has foreshadowing and questions?
One: Who did Ed trust and lose money too???? XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mustang. Mustang blew his money. That or Ed went out spending his money on stupid stuff.

Anyways, Im surprised Ed is drinking...but hey! Guess it adds to character :D Cant wait to see more!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on October 4, 2011
Last Updated on October 4, 2011
Tags: fullmetal alchemist edward alpho


Author

MadeCheaply
MadeCheaply

Silent Hill, MO



About
Hey there, my designer name is Made but most call me Ayumi or Ozzy. I do what I want as long as someone somewhere sees it than it doesn't matter. My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShukketsuS.. more..

Writing
Entry: #0 Entry: #0

A Chapter by MadeCheaply


Am I Alone Am I Alone

A Story by MadeCheaply