Chapter Two: Roulette

Chapter Two: Roulette

A Chapter by MadeCheaply

"Would you like a drink Mr. Elric" a woman said wearing the usual cocktail dress uniform, it was sleek black and tightened around the figure with red dice patterns at the bottom, her burgundy hair was pulled into a messy bun and she winked. 
"Ahh no thank-you, I don't drink" Alphonse said holding up his hands with a blush as the woman walked away. In reality, a drink every now and then didn't hurt, he just didn't feel like getting to attached to the workers at the casino, especially the raunchy women. I mean seriously, they walk around in clothes that gives nothing to the imagination. he didn't want to get involved with that.
"So what do you suppose we play first eh?" Edward said walking back over, he had two chips in his hand, both worth twenty-five dollars each. 
"First? We are playing one game!" Al practically had to shout over the noise. Edward sighed and turned his head.
Across the room he could see it, the same miracle he had seen a number of times. A man smiling ear to ear, jumping up and down as all of his money troubles went away. The machine would beep and sound of in horns and chimes while a bright noticeable sign would display his winnings for everyone else to envy. then after that, his wife would run over, wrap her arms around him and kiss him. Both of their problems were solved. He sighed and looked away, he wouldn't dare look at the winning number. 
"hey Alphonse" Edward said softly. Al looked up suddenly and narrowed his ears recognizing a tone in his voice he hadn't heard for almost 2 years now. 
"What is it"
"Did you know that statistics say a man is more likely to get struck by lightening twice before winning the lottery" Edward said and for some reason Al knew that Ed had finally realized coming to a gambling town for help was a bad mistake. He just smiled lightly and looked to the side at a machine that flashed on and off energetically.
"No, I didn't know" he said.
"THE ROULETTE CHALLENGE HAS NOW BEGUN!!!!" A booming voice roared out. "IN REGARDS OF OUT 10 YEARS ANNIVERSARY AT THE ROLLING DICE CASINO WE ARE UPHOLDING THIS ROULETTE GAME FOR TOP DOLLAR!!!"
Edwards eyes perked up slightly and he lifted his head. He looked to Alphonse and they both were thinking the exact same thing. They began to throw themselves into the crowd making their way through to the front behind a red rope. Someone had made it up first.
Edward cursed under his breath crossing his arms and waited. 
There was no way this person could win.
You see the object of the game is to place money on a certain number or color. Then you spun a wheel with a ball, if the ball landed on the number or color you bet on, you win. the money varied on your bet, but for this time. it wasn't the case.
The man who had went up place a bet on odd numbers. there was a 50/50 chance of winning, usually the odds were against you or even the staff member working that game was cheating, always making you lose. But since his brother had been working there, he had said the only table that cheated was the poker table in the back where men would often challenge their buddies while having a drink, smoke cigars, and enjoy the women who worked there.
The ball had landed on an even number, 6. Edward gave an exhale. this was just what he needed, his chance, he either lost a little, or gained a lot. What was there to lose? He would always have a home in the casino as long as his brother worked there. But his dignity, and chances of ever leading a normal life. Years down the line if he won, and met the woman of his dreams would she leave him for being a gambler. he twitched. he wasn't a gambler however, he had to do this.
He stepped up with his brother wince it was their turn. it was now time to place their bets.
"What do we do" Edward asked getting an immediate I don't know from his brother. it looked so easy down in the crowd. but with everyone watching, throwing out different numbers was getting to him. Alphonse held up his hands, "Please, go back to your stations or wait quietly in line" he said. Some left, the rest just remained in line. They wanted a chance at the winnings.
50,000,000,000 dollars was on the line. Edward felt like he was going to throw up again. It was good he didn't eat breakfast.
"Sir if you cannot make a decision i will have to ask you to leave" the manager said, he was rather portly was a bald head with a ring of hair on the sides. he wore glasses.
"No...i have my number" Edward said and looked to his brother. "I wan't to place 50 here, on 3" Edward said sliding the chips over the fuzzy green table top where the diagram of the numbers and colors were. he gulped, there was no backing down now.
Alphonse frowned slightly, 'he just had to pick that number...' he thought.
3. The date on his old watch.
"Alright well here we go and good luck to you" The man smiled and began to roll the silver metal ball.
Both brothers seemed as if the eyes in their head were about to pop out at any second and roll onto the roulette table. This was it. All they had left. The ball thundered every time it hit a marker slowing down. Alphonse turned making his hair swish behind him loosely since it wasn't in a ponytail. "WHY DID YOU PICK THREE ITS NEVER GOING TO LAND ON THREE!" he said hysterically shaking his brother when they heard the rolling stop. Edward blinked getting his focus together.
3.
Both their face went low. Confused.
Understanding.
Their mouth went up into the biggest smiles. "ARE YOU SERIOUS!!" Edward shouted practically shaking where he stood as the lights went off flickering, the chiming and horns he envied from others went off and Alphonse's jaw was on the floor. 
He noted to apologize to Ed later for shaking him.
"JACKPOT!!!" Edward shouted and Alphonse laughed heartily.
"Wrong game brother"


© 2011 MadeCheaply


Author's Note

MadeCheaply
50 Million Dollar winners~

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YAYY!!! All money troubles just went down the drain!!! >:D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on October 4, 2011
Last Updated on October 4, 2011


Author

MadeCheaply
MadeCheaply

Silent Hill, MO



About
Hey there, my designer name is Made but most call me Ayumi or Ozzy. I do what I want as long as someone somewhere sees it than it doesn't matter. My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShukketsuS.. more..

Writing
Entry: #0 Entry: #0

A Chapter by MadeCheaply


Am I Alone Am I Alone

A Story by MadeCheaply