Welcome To Big Rock

Welcome To Big Rock

A Chapter by Azalas

After my 'boss' had left I called my friend who worked at a movers truck company and he offered to lend me one of the trucks for free since he owed me a favor. My friend drove it to my house on his break. One of his co-workers following behind him. He dropped it off and rode back in his co-workers car. I started to load the truck the instant he left. I didn't have much stuff so it was fairly easy. Once I was done I hitched my sedan on the back of the truck and got in starting the truck driving off. A few hours later I parked my truck in the driveway of Jerry's vacation house that his parents had left him. Jerry never used it but that was one of the things that was left for Me in his will. I got out and started to unload the truck as one of the neighbors stopped by to introduce themselves.
"Hey! I'm Thomas, nice to meet you!" Thomas told me.

"Uh…Nice to meet you, I'm Mark." I told him.
"Thomas! You botherin' another flatlander? The man hasn't even gone inside his house yet!" The burly gruffy voiced mountain man said.
"Ah! This is Jeff, he's one of the fellow hunters that lives here. I usually go hunting with him." Thomas said.

"What?! I never took you huntin' with me! Hell, the only thing I remember you huntin' was fish with a pole n string!" Jeff said.
"It's still hunting." Thomas told Jeff.

"Maybe, maybe not. Well anyway it was good meetin' you…Uh…" Jeff stopped.

"The names Mark." I told Jeff.

"Ah! Mark! Good to meet you then! Anyway I gotta go, the Missus is cold so I got to go chop some wood down for the fireplace." Jeff said walking off.
"I gotta go too! My family's having steak for dinner. Your welcome to by if you want." Thomas said walking across the street to his house.



© 2014 Azalas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on April 6, 2014
Last Updated on April 6, 2014


Author

Azalas
Azalas

Writing
Tragedy Tragedy

A Chapter by Azalas


Obsession Obsession

A Chapter by Azalas