Chapter Three: Wise Choice

Chapter Three: Wise Choice

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

I won't be seeing you in Heaven, Mollei.

"

All was dark, pitch dark. I went to raise my hand but nothing moved. I couldn't feel my body, couldn't see anything.

Am I dead? Is this it?

"Angelo. Angelo."

A singsong voice seemed to ghost through my vision in a light spectral mist.

"Angelo. Angelo."

I opened my eyes and I was in the local dollar store. Mollei stood beside me, her light brown eyes intent on my face.
"Are you okay?"

Ah, it was her voice. Wasn't it?

"I'm fine." I said, waving my hand at her.

"Then look what I found!" She held a bouquet of plastic and fabric black roses with fake spiders in them. "Aren't they pretty?"

I stared at her smiling face. Her warm brown eyes. Her long blond hair that fanned down her shoulders and back only to end in a frizzy bob that she spent hours combing every day just because she hated it.

I wanted to touch her hair. I wanted to hold her hand or touch her cheek. Something.

"Angelo? You're spacing out again." She lowered the flowers from under her chin and that's when I saw it.

A rope around her neck.
"What's wrong, Angelo?"

Her voice changed. I backed up, a scream rising in my throat. Her skin faded into a chalky white color, blood etched out of the corners of her mouth in a steady trickle.

"Angelo. Angelo."

That voice again. Who's was it?

"Angelo. Angelo."

The blood swiftly rose to my waist. It soaked Mollei's little black shoes, stockings and dress. It got in her hair.

I screamed.

~*~

Darkness.

It's taking me away, right?

To Mollei? Or. . . Something else?

"Angelo. Angelo."

My eyes flew open. I bolted upright to stare at a plain white door in a room with forest green colored walls and clothes on the floor. A desk to one side and manga printouts tacked to the walls.

My room.

My mom was picking dirty clothes up off the floor. Sunlight leaked through the blinds of the window over my desk.

"Angelo, get up. Your going to be late for school." She said, none too warmly. She was probably still angry about yesterday.

"Look, mom. I'm sorry about yesterday." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and swinging my feet out of bed and onto the floor. The wood was freezing.

"Yesterday? What do you mean?" She asked, straightening up and turning to look at me. Her shoulder length medium brown hair was tied in a messy ponytail. She still wore her nightgown and the blue knitted sweater she always wore to bed. It had been grandma's.

Taken aback, I stumbled for words.

"Uh. . . I-I was late coming home."

She raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? I saw you come home the same time you always do. Are you okay?"

Are you okay?

Mollei had asked that.

Am I?

I swallowed hard. "I-I'm fine." I stood and walked past her to the end of my bed and opened the closet door. I got my Thousand Foot Krutch T-shirt out and a pair of jeans and headed to the bathroom. Once changed, I retrieved my backpack and raced out without breakfast. I wanted to walk to school today. To think.

Mist covered the streets thickly in a light gray haze. I looked down at my feet as I walked along the sidewalk, not paying attention to where I was going.

It was in there. The Life Warrant. I could almost feel it pulsate warmly through the fabric at my back, like a beating heart.

A horn honked and I had just enough time to jump back onto the sidewalk before an eighteen wheeler could turn me to road kill.

"Careful, there." Said a voice behind me.

A small breath escaped my lips. I had been expecting him.

Aguste Arvieron.

"I'm glad I ran into you. I have something for you." I said, looking out at the mist, a hint of mockery in my voice.

"Oh?" He asked, facade caked his voice like mud on a pig.

"It's in my backpack. Just take it. I don't want it anymore."

A tear raced down my cheek. Or was it a drop of mist?
Yes, mist.

I felt him unzip my backpack and take the beating heart. The crumpling of paper and then momentary silence.

"Wise choice." He said and just like that, I knew he was gone. Was that mockery, or something else?

I won't be seeing you in Heaven, Mollei.

 



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first part seemed as if it was a dream to me and then it mixed with some memories. This is turning out to be one interesting story. It's weird that he had come home late and his mom not even noticing. I can't wait to read on. Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Bluefire

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm glad it was interesting! =3
You out did you're self again I love it my friend.

Keep them coming very Excited to read more.

Blessings. Kindred poet

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome. blessings. kindred poet
Very interesting, I can't wait to read more. :-)

Kaze~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you! ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire