Chapter Four: Backward Glance

Chapter Four: Backward Glance

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

Did he know about the Life Warrant?

"

That day at school seemed like a blur, I don't even remember minding when Johnny Tetherson shoved me down the front steps or when Yamada Shinichi tried to stuff me into the garbage can out back during lunch.

Just a normal day at school.

Yeah, I hate humans. I hate them with a passion.

But Dr. Arvieron was different. That's why I couldn't get my mind off him or the Life Warrant.

A tap on my shoulder still didn't seem to get my mind off the warrant but I turned anyway to see who it was. I had been on my way out of the last class of the day, my backpack seemed to weigh a ton with just one strap on my left shoulder.

"Angelo, will you stay for a minute?" Mr. Hendric asked. He was my teacher, the only one I liked, but maybe that's just because his class was at the very end of the school day.

I stood back, watching the others leave. Most ignored me, as if I were scum that shouldn't have been acknowledged. Others, like Yamada and Johnny glared threats into my eyes.
I looked away, down at the wooden corner of Mr. Hendric's desk. My mind drifted back to Arvieron and the Life Warrant and my teacher had to shake my shoulder sternly to get me to come back from the abyss.

"Yes sir?" I mumbled. The room was quiet now, just us. He guided me to a desk at the front of the class and sat me down like a misbehaving child. I let my backpack slide down my arm and rest on the floor between us.

"I wanted to talk about you and your studies."

Uh oh, what lie did Johnny and his gang make up this time?

They were always ratting me out for things I didn't do. My grades were higher than theirs and they were jealous. So they scattered lies about the school. Saying that I paid the smart kids to do my homework or cheated off of someone.

I let out a soft sigh. "Look, sir. I can prove-"

He raised a hand, silencing me. "It's not about how good your grades are. I know Johnny and Yamada lie. Actually, it's quite the opposite. You haven't done well at all today and I think I know why."

I started to sweat, my eyes glanced to the door and then back up at his face. His light gray eyes were kind and a sad smile played on his thin old lips. If his mustache and beared had grown out, he would look a little like the ghost of Santa Clause with his pale skin and wrinkled features, high cheekbones and slightly pointed ears.

I blinked. Pointed? Nah. I must have imagined it. More importantly,

Did he know about the Life Warrant?

"What do you mean, sir?" I asked, slowly. It felt like time had slowed. Like a dream where your running and there's something chasing you but you can't seem to get far enough away from it.

"Mollei. I'm so sorry. She was one of my best studants."

I pretended to look upset. Fake simpathy. I didn't want it. But it would cover my tracks for now.

"Oh, yeah. . . That might be why I can't focus on my books." I said, looking down at the worn old desk.

Mollei was safe now.

Someplace I would never see. I wasn't sad about her leaving this disgusting world anymore.

"I've spoken to your mom and the principal. We all agree that you should go home and take it easy for a while." He was talking to me like I was unstable. Fragile.

Maybe I was. I didn't know what was real anymore.

I nodded. "That sounds like a good idea."

What was this all about? People weren't usually this nice to me. I tried not to look suspicious.
I stood up, his hand falling off my shoulder and back to his side. "I'll be going now." I said.

He smiled. Warmly? No. . . I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But it wasn't warm. Shivering, I retrieved my backpack from the floor and walked out without a word or a backward glance.

Footsteps.
One. Two. Three.

I stopped and looked back, expecting to see Mr. Hendric or the janetor.

No one.

"Hey, I know you're there. Show yourself." I called, expecting to see my two least favorite people in this world. The hallway ahead of me was dark, but above me, the lights were still on.

Odd.

No answer.

I turned and continued walking.

One. Two. Three. Four.

I tried to ignore it but the more I did that, the faster the steps got.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six.

"Leave me alone!!!" I shouted and broke into a run. The doors were in sight. I closed in on them and swung them open. My leap down the front steps of Critcher High were cut short when a black fabric sack swooped down over my head.

Blinding me.



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hate when people pick on others. There are always bullies somewhere, but that's normal. If I were Angelo I would not stand for it. I would have punched one of them in the face. I liked how sympathetic his teacher was being. I mean it is hard to lose someone has I had said. Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

True. I hope they do.
And ohh?!
And you are welcome. :)
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

Yeah but we may not see this til a few more chapters are written. x3
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

True. XD
I understand. Leave it as awesome as you want it.
sorry I Didn't get to reading your next chapters
I was tired so thought I would wait until I could
read and not be too over whelmed with too much.

Sounds like the Cruel people that laugh and
pick fun at the kind sweet gentle different
souls of the world that are not pretty enough
or are weird in their eyes and they don't understand them.

Took me back to how Cruelly I was treated
in school But... I have fallen love with these
stores very Mysterious dark but not over the
top Frightening Just perfect like a unsolved
Mystery I love Mystery and Spence.

You've out done your self again
awesome write.


Mystery and Spence I love it
and a lot of Imagination here
you just set this piece on fire
and bring it to life.

Thank you for sharing. Blessings. kindred poet

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! =o
I'm sorry to remind you of dark days..
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

Don't apologize it's ok :) you're very welcome. Kindred poet

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire