Chapter One: A Wedding With Death

Chapter One: A Wedding With Death

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

Would she wake up from that sweet dream just for me?

"
My mom was going to be pissed but I didn't care. I turned into the graveyard. It wasn't far from home so I figured if I had to, I would just run home. But today I couldn't manage just a short visit. My mind was wandering again. I needed to escape the sound of these thoughts. I needed to think of something happy.

Something happy.

Right.

I came to a fork in the road. Gravestones surrounded me like toy soldiers in an army of stone. I took a left, toward the procession of dark figures in the distance.

I wasn't invited to her wedding with death, so I hung back at an oak tree far enough away not to be noticed and close enough to see them lower her shining dark coffin into the ground.

I expected a tear, but as usual they didn't come.

They never came. Not at times like this.

My knees gave way and I slumped to the ground, banging my fist into the earth until the skin broke and I started to bleed. My mind was in a flurry emotion I couldn't control.

She had hung herself. I knew she was unhappy, I knew she cut. I knew her father beat her and her mother did drugs. I knew she was too weak to take it.

Late the other night I had snuck from my room on a hunch that something was wrong. I raced to her house and. . . There she was, in the garage. Her face was so peaceful as if she were having a good dream, a smile played across her lips and her golden hair looked shiny and soft like an angel's.

Tears began to flow. Ah, the memory triggered them. That's it.

It felt hot in this suit. I hadn't worn it since her sister's wedding, when I'd danced with her. I'd snuck it to school and changed in the boys' bathroom before I'd left. She would always tease me, saying I looked handsome. I would always overreact and say I didn't, that it was itchy and lame. But today I would give anything to hear her say my name, to say that I looked good. To call me a crybaby. Something.

"I. . . Can't take this anymore!!" I shouted, shoving my fist toward the hard earth.

Two large hands appeared out of nowhere and took my fist into their feverish palms. I looked up through blurry eyes to see a man crouched in front of me, his light yellow eyes kind and sharp.

Contacts? Cat eyes were in near Halloween.

"You will regret this later." He warned. He pulled out a piece of white cloth from a bag he carried on the belt that wrapped around his waist like a snake and wrapped my knuckles in it. It didn't even sting, not yet.

"Like I regret not saving her?" I mumbled in a voice that sounded dead even to my own ears.

"In the end, there was no stopping death. No matter what you would have done she would have died anyway." He tied the ends tight and I let my hand drop back into my lap.

He must have been that weird uncle she had always been talking about. I looked down at the bloodstained grass where I had punched it and wondered.

If I knocked on her grave, would she answer? Would she wake up from that sweet dream just for me?

As if reading my thoughts, the man shook his head, his chin length, straight black hair seemed to dance beneath his wide brimmed red hat. "No, she wouldn't."

I noticed he was wearing a red jacket too, which was kind of odd for a funeral but at least he was wearing black underneath, from his neck to his shoes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Aguste Arvieron. You can call me Dr. Arvieron. What's your name, boy?" He gazed at me interestedly. My skin crawled.

"I-I'm Angelo Michaels." I muttered. The tears had finally stopped but now my energy had vanished. I slumped and leaned against the tree at my back.

"Rest now, Angelo." The man said, standing up and gazing back down at me.

Wings, were those wings? I must have been seeing things because I saw large, dark, bat-like wings at his back.

My eyelids grew heavy. They shut.

Yes, it was all a dream. When I wake up, Mollei will be there, laughing at my suit and telling me I was a crybaby.

Ah, a dream. . .



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an interesting beginning. It's sad for anyone to lose to someone to suicide. I know how he feels since I've lost a couple of things to it. And questioning myself too how I couldn't save them. For that part I could relate to Angelo. The girls name was interesting. Thank you for sharing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Bluefire

9 Years Ago

I'm sorry you had to go through that. =c
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing!
Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

It's alright. I've been okay. I have gotten stronger because of it.
I can't wait to read more.. read more
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

Was writing the latest chapter but stopped due to writers block and such. xD
I hope to write i.. read more
Just a little structure advice.... Try not to be repetitive,
Example: (It wasn't far from home so I figured if I had to, I would just run home.) Try: "It wasn't very far, so I figured if I had to, I would just run home."
(Gravestones surrounded me like toy soldiers in an army of stone.) Try: "The markers of the dead surrounded me..." or "The cenotaphs surrounded me..."

Like all good stories there are proof reads and rewrites.....something may come to you one night that you didn't think of before to put in or you may come up with a better way to describe something to make the story flow better. This is an intriguing story and I'll be sure to check back on any improvements. Letme know when and if you make them! All together well done I'd say! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the help and for taking the time to read and review!
Oh, this isn't the first dr.. read more
Interesting. I like the play of the characters here. :) And the scene, it's sad, but, the readers bite like a fish on a hook. I can't wait to read more. :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol, playing with emotions is a great way to start a book. :)
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

=3 I hope so.
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol don't worry, it is.
I love it you're very Talented.

So sad I cried reading this Beautiful
so Beautiful I loved these lines.

My eyelids grew heavy. They shut.

Yes, it was all a dream. When I wake up, Mollie

will be there, laughing at my suit and telling me I was a crybaby.

Ah, a dream. . .


did you mean Mollie or no ?

Blessings. Kindred poet


Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

I meant Mollei. I don't remember where that name came from though. O.@
Thanks for reading and .. read more
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

ok wasn't sure if you really meant Mollei. you're very welcome. blessings. kindred poet
Awesome chapter keep up the great work and keep them coming

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

910 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I cut I cut

A Poem by b!tchgirl1618


Roots Of Eden Roots Of Eden

A Chapter by Bluefire