Chapter Eleven: Retrieval

Chapter Eleven: Retrieval

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

But just remember. The contract and the reason.

"

When pasture Akos Hopkins came to, Frank Michaels' son was already on the floor. His blood coated the carpet and his chest seemed to have stopped rising and falling.

He was dead now.

The pasture began to panic, standing with his hand over his mouth in horror.

Demons had manipulative power, he knew. But his was powerful enough to capture his own kind and force them to do whatever he wanted.

Outside, his two subordinates were knocked out, Maria with a pistol in her hand. They lay sprawled next to the van. If it hand't been for the rising and falling of their chests, a passerby would have immediately assumed they were dead.

The doors flew open with a furious gust, carrying dead leaves in a swirl and a figure stepped into the church, making his way down the isle.

"Aguste. . . You, don't tell me!" The pasture stuttered, too shocked to recall what it was he really wanted to say.

Aguste Arvieron paused in front of the boy on the floor and picked his corpse up, slinging the boy over his shoulder.

He was just as hellish as he'd been years ago. Those yellow catlike eyes, that raven black hair, that red coat which had absorbed so much blood. So much fire.

He had a small, triumphant smile on his face as he turned to the pasture of light.

"Thank you for that, brother. Now I can properly use him. I would have done it myself, but you know, the contract won't allow it."

~*~

"He's here! He's here!" The girl in the room of machinery called out, bouncing on the heels of her stocking covered feet and knocking on the door.

"I can feel him, even though he's dead." She stated to the furnace, as if it were a living thing. "He must be very important, for the master to choose him!"

The doorknob turned and she scooted back a few steps, almost tripping on her light blue hair.

"Where is the flesh?" The master's voice rang through the room of metal.

"Here it is!" The girl retrieved a box decked with a purple bow and blue wrapping paper from the floor by the furnace. "May I tell him happy birthday when he wakes?"

The master took the box in his large feverish hands. Shifting the box to one arm, he patted the girl on the head.

"Yes, Tera. You may."

~*~

I had a dream.

I was in a world with crystal palaces.

I stood on a beach, looking out to the city. It was so far away. I thought I saw a figure on the shore of crystaline calmness. She had blond hair and wore the most beautiful red dress I'd ever seen. She was calling to me, but I couldn't hear her.

The waves were so calm, I thought of swimming to the island. The sun was setting, casting a pink rosy light on the clear crystal cross atop a cathedral at the center of the island. I heard a chiming sound, more beautiful than I'd ever heard before. The bell.

"Endless miles of eternity,

Rain birdsong of blood and tears.

Ring the bell of mortality,

And cast away your fears.

Ooooh oh oooh~"

A voice behind me. I turned reluctantly away from the crystal city and saw a girl I'd never seen before. Her eyes were gone, that's what should have scared me. But it didn't.

Her voice was sing song, that of an angel's or a bird's.

"Who are you?" I finally said, after a pause.

"I'm Tera. I'm here to take you away from the light." She reached out a hand. I hesitated.

"But Mollei's there." I mumbled softly. "I won't see her again, will I?"

The girl seemed sad, if you could do that without eyes. "No, you won't. But just remember. The contract and the reason."
That's right. I would never get to that gorgeous island. I would never dwell in paradise. I would never hear Mollei.
I was doing this to get back at the world. To get my revenge on those who had kicked me down or treated me like I was worth nothing.

I was selfish. I took Tera's hand and she lead me into the nothing away from the sea.

"Trade in your humanity,

For the legend of insanity.

Come now, come with me,

And live in never ending futility.

Oooh oh oooh~

Cast aside the roots of Eden,

The light of day.

Your palms most surely will redden,

And your mind will sway.

Oooh oh oooh~"

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it you pull
me in more and
more and I am
more intrigued.

You keep out doing your self again
and again awesome write.

very Nice work.

Love these Stanza's lines

The waves were so calm, I thought of swimming to the island. The sun was setting, casting a pink rosy light on the clear crystal cross atop a cathedral at the center of the island. I heard a chiming sound, more beautiful than I'd ever heard before. The bell.

"Endless miles of eternity,

Rain birdsong of blood and tears.

Ring the bell of mortality,

And cast away your fears.

Ooooh oh oooh~"


Mystery and Spence I love it
You've brought this piece
here to life.

Thank you for sharing. Blessings Kindred poet




Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! ^^
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

you're very welcome. My pleasure. Blessings. kindred poet

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire