Chapter Nine: EXPLOSIVE

Chapter Nine: EXPLOSIVE

A Chapter by Bluefire
"

He took my eyes so I couldn't dream anymore.

"
"You'll tell me, won't you Tera? When you have another dream?" Her voice was sing song and deep as a grown woman's.

"Yes mama." The little girl chirped. Her golden eyes seemed haunted.

"Now what did you see this time, sweetheart?" Her mother asked.

The girl ran her tiny five year old hand through her mother's bright blond hair. She always liked that it ended in a frizzy, puffy bob at the end. The girl wished her hair was normal.

"I saw a devil with kitty cat eyes. He took me away from you and little sissy."

"What else did he do, honey? Did he say anything?"

The little girl nodded, her light blue hair dangling around her in curls and casting her face into shadow.

Her bright sunshine yellow eyes seemed to glow, the pupils tiny pitch black diamonds.

"He took my eyes so I couldn't dream anymore."

~*~

"Who are you?" I asked the man standing by the school doors. He was leaning casually against the wall, as if he hadn't mentioned dying but the weather.

"I'm here to talk of course."

"That's bull." I growled.

"Is it?" He waved me over and began to walk away, holding a black umbrella in one hand. He paused to look back and I saw a tattoo on the side of his neck by his hair. It was half of a celtic cross knotted and bound in a gold circle. The cross was olive green. His hair was a deep red, cut really short as if he'd just been recovering from a buzz cut.

He must have been Irish or something.

"You coming?"

I looked into his leaf green eyes and wondered if I should trust him. Then realized it didn't matter whether I died or not. And if I didn't, I could always call Arvieron.

Either way, I was invincable.

I broke into a run and quickly caught up to him. We walked in silence out of the parking lot and up to a black van. I got into a seat in the back the Irishman got into the driver's seat. He revved it up and began to drive down the road.

I noticed he was wearing some sort of uniform, olive green pants and a button up coat with a tail to it. The coat was black and trimmed with green with the same cross on the Irishman's neck, except this cross wasn't broken down the middle.

The back of the van was full of things. Gardening tools like rakes, shovels, scythes and dirt in boxes. There were other boxes too, though they had lids and labels saying all sorts of things.

I scooted away from the one labeled, "EXPLOSIVE."

"Uh. . . Who are you? Are you some kind of terrorist?" The man errupted into a fit of laughter and swerved.

"Hey!! Watch the road!" I yelled out of reflex rather than actual fear.

"Oh, right!" The man said, as if suddenly remembering that he was driving. He swerved back into his lane and then straightened the wheel, whiping a tear from his eye. He did have a faint Irish accent.

"My name's Henry O'Bryan and I'm a friend of your father's. Frank Michaels."

I froze. Stunned.

What?

"Wh-what do you mean? My dad's in the psych ward. He's been their for six years." I managed to choke out after a pause.

"That's just what we want you to think." The man said and gave a wink.

"Watch the road." I grumbled.

"You can come out, Maria. You're not fooling anybody."

I was about to ask who he was talking to when someone jumped out behind me and wrapped their arms around my waist tightly.

"Ah!" I looked back to see a girl with long dark red hair and leaf green eyes. I dissentanlged myself from her and got to my feet, backing away. My eyes fell on the mark at her chest, very close to where both of her breasts met. It was the same tattoo as Henry's.

She smirked and batted her eyelashes at me. "Like what you see?" She asked, hugging herself to make them more prominant.

I felt my face flush darkly. "N-no that wasn't what I- Ah!" Henry picked the wrong time to swerve and I fell to the side, my shoulder hitting the door.

"Sit down! And quit teasing, Maria. You aren't even attractive." Henry barked.

I felt someone walk over me. Maria was leaning over the driver's seat. She pinched both of Henry's cheeks hard and stretched them out. Making it hard for him to drive.

"Who isn't attractive now, pig boy!" She yelled.

"Ow ow ow ow ow!" Henry seemed to try to say but it sounded odd. I was trying to crawl back into my seat withought looking up Maria's knee length olive green skirt but Henry's constant swerving made it extremely difficult. Instead, I grabbed Maria by the ankles and pulled. She came crashing down into my lap and I sucked in a breath.

"Heeeh. . ." I wheazed.

At least Henry had stopped swerving.



© 2014 Bluefire


Author's Note

Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it you pull
me in more and
more and I am
more intrigued.

You keep out doing your self again
and again awesome write.

Ha...ha Maria is funny
Not nice teasing like that
Ha...ha still very Nice work.


Mystery and Spence I love it
You've brought this piece
here to life.

Love these Stanza's lines and
cute and funny too.


She smirked and batted her eyelashes at me. "Like what you see?" She asked, hugging herself to make them more prominant.


hugging herself to make them more prominant.

I think you meant prominent Correct me
if I'm wrong?



I felt my face flush darkly. "N-no that wasn't what I- Ah!" Henry picked the wrong time to swerve and I fell to the side, my shoulder hitting the door.

"Sit down! And quit teasing, Maria. You aren't even attractive." Henry barked.

I felt someone walk over me. Maria was leaning over the driver's seat. She pinched both of Henry's cheeks hard and stretched them out. Making it hard for him to drive.

"Who isn't attractive now, pig boy!" She yelled.

"Ow ow ow ow ow!" Henry seemed to try to say but it sounded odd. I was trying to crawl back into my seat withought looking up Maria's knee length olive green skirt but Henry's constant swerving made it extremely difficult. Instead, I grabbed Maria by the ankles and pulled. She came crashing down into my lap and I sucked in a breath.

"Heeeh. . ." I wheazed.

At least Henry had stopped swerving.



I wheezed, I think you meant wheezed
correct me if I'm wrong.



I was trying to crawl back into my seat withought
looking up Maria's knee length olive green skirt.

I think you meant with ought, correct me if
I'M wrong? or was it with out ??


Thank you for sharing. Blessings. kindred poet




Posted 10 Years Ago


Bluefire

10 Years Ago

... Now that you mention it, I believe it may be "without" o.o
I meant wheezed. xD
Thank.. read more
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

10 Years Ago

you're very welcome. my pleasure. blessings. Kindred poet

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Added on April 18, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014


Author

Bluefire
Bluefire

International Defence Force Circus 2nd ship



About
I write likeMary ShelleyI Write Like. Analyze your writing! ~*~Welcome to my world~*~ Anime, manga, animal otaku. My writing heroe's are Darren Shan and Katsura Hoshino, but ther.. more..

Writing
to be wanted to be wanted

A Chapter by Bluefire