Book 1: Honor and Grace Part 4

Book 1: Honor and Grace Part 4

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

Honor is a demon hunter traveling with Alexander, the vampire prince. Looking for information on Rinzer, the Demon Lord, she decides to go visit her sister, Grace, who is a priestess of the Great Goddess Ashnye.

"

Alexander walked up the stairs of the church at a normal human speed. The hood of his gray cloak was thrown back and the night breeze ruffled his smooth hair. Honor stayed where she was, waiting for the Zerdin demons to focus completely on her friend. The vampire easily pushed the heavy oak double door open.

 

He calmly entered the seemingly empty chapel. The air here felt heavy to him as it wouldn't to a human. The other lesser demons felt it and felt the power of a dormant monster.

 

An air demon, new to the Zerdin, flew to greet Alexander. Air demons are not very bright, but with their wings they are useful creatures to have around. This one had chosen to look like a little girl with curly blond hair and large, blue wings. Her round face was filled with adoration as she stared up at Alexander.

 

“Oh, Master!” she squeaked in delight. “I can't believe you came, Master! This is so- Master, were did your scar go?”

 

Alexander knelt in front of the small demon. When his eyes were level with hers, he said, “I am not your master.”

 

As he straightened his curved, twin blades appeared in his hands. The little air demon fell to the floor in pieces. The other six demons attacked at once.

 

Honor was already done casting her spell. The words had been said and the correct liquid mixture had been rubbed on the blade of her scythe. She had to wait for the spell to take, however.

 

So she watched Alexander play with the demons. He was easily fighting off all six of his attackers. A couple were already heavily wounded. She watched his silver blades flash, his cloak and hair floating around him, his usually smiling face grim. She was filled with awe at his powers, pride in his abilities, and the knowledge that he was hers.

 

She shook her head sharply to get rid of that thought. She told herself once again that Alexander was not hers. She focused again on her spell. Light footsteps made her look behind her.

 

A tall, slender, willowy woman was walking up to her. Her hair was short, spiky and deep purple. Her eyes were large and the same shade. On her golden-skinned forehead was the Mark of Ashnye, four red circles with short tails chasing each other in a circle. Her dress was tight, short and the same color red as the Mark. A large red belt was around her hips and the huge gold buckle held the Mark. Long, white, billowing sleeves that covered her arms were decorated with red trim and gold phoenix embroidery. White stockings stopped just short of the hem of her dress and her red and gold trimmed white boots came up to mid-thigh.

 

Walking with her was a large man who seemed to glow. His hair was white-blond, his eyes pure gold, and his skin sparkling and pale. He only wore loose black trousers.

 

The woman smiled warmly and picked up her pace.

 

“Grace?” Honor asked. “When did you get that red thing on your forehead?”

 

Grace hugged her older sister tightly. “Oh, Honor, it is so nice to see you! It has been far too long.” She stepped back and looked over her shoulder at the bright man accompanying her. “This is my Lis, Arthur.”

 

Honor inclined her head toward him. She was about to introduce herself when she heard a sharp cry of pain. Turning, she saw the demons moving slower, as if Grace and Arthur's presents had a profound affect on them.

 

Alexander knelt on the ground. The demons were not attaching now, the were too busy trying to catch their breath. All were leaden with cuts. Most would bleed to death in an hour or so. As Honor watched Alexander fell forward, unconscious. The other demons saw this and moved as fast as they could to attack.

 

“Alexander!”



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Oh, noooo!!! Alexander!!!
Nie cliffhanger, huh?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alexander is awesome in this chapter to be honest with you. Again another awesome chapter on this book.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I hate you so much right now! You and your freaking cliffhangers..I do NOT have the patience for these!!!!! ALEXANDER!!!!!!!!!! lol love ya

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 12, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing