Book 3: First Meeting Remembered Part 4

Book 3: First Meeting Remembered Part 4

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

The eight Masters Sisters get together for dinner at their favorite restaurant. During dinner, Honor's younger sisters get her to tell them about how she and Alexander met.

"

My scythe knocked two more knives into the ally walls as I turned. A few yards away, blocking my only exit, were six fire-demons. All had swords drawn and were slowly advancing.

I shook out her hair and stood my ground. I know fire demons are the self-proclaimed bad asses of the demonic world, but they were always easy to slice and dice. I pouted and pointed at the front of my robes. “Look what you did. I was having a grand old time and you ruined it. And you got blood on my favorite robes. It will take me forever to get this stain out.”

One of the demons smirked. “You have more to worry about than a stain on your robes, little girl.”

“Yea,” said another. “Your robes will have many more stains before long!”

The others let out a chorus of agreements and threats, all designed to frightened little old me. They smiled evilly, baring fangs and hissing like snakes.

I returned their smile. The demons in the center of the line froze. My smile, I knew, held no humor and my face reflected the mercilessness that I am famous for. “I don't think so.”

The opal in my sickle shone yellow and I swung the sickle in a wide arch. A yellow blade of wind magic hit the center demons, cutting them in half at the waist. The others were stunned for a moment, then they started to run at me, roaring their angry battle cries. I held her sickle carefully, waiting for my attackers to get in range.

Before they reached me, however, a black shape landed noiselessly in the space left between the demons and myself. All I could tell at first was that it was a tall man welding twin swords. Then the newcomer was a blur of movement, too fast even for me to see. It was like he teleported from one demon to the next, not seeming to do anything except stand by them for a handful of seconds. When he stopped moving, he stood about a yard from me, his back to the fire demons. They fell to the ground slowly, cut into pieces. They never even had enough time to try defending themselves.

The man smiled at me, and I carefully took in every detail about him from his smiling black eyes to his polished black boots. Okay, maybe not every detail at first. His eyes seemed to trap mine.

“Hello, pretty lady,” he said with a small bow. “I hope I wasn't a bother.”

I tapped the opal on the ground, calling the fire magic in it. The pieces of demonic flesh burst into blue-white flames and quickly turned to ash. I took my time checking my robes for more blood and was dismayed to see more blood than I had originally though. I sighed and removed the soiled garment and threw it onto the nearest burning demon. Soon it, too, was nothing more than ash. I ignored the man as best I could manage without being rude.

“No, sir, you are no bother,” I said. Another bit of wind magic and a swing of my scythe and the ashes were gone. “Now, if you will excuse me, I still have work to do tonight.”



© 2010 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
I know, it has only been AGES! I missed you too. Lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Why is this the last one you have done?!?!?! I demand more!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oooooo, she is giving him a coldddd shoulderrrr.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 23, 2010


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5