Book 2: Going Back Part 3

Book 2: Going Back Part 3

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

Honor, the world's greatest female demon hunter, and her vampiric compainion Alexander head to Vamun Castle, Alexander's childhood home, to learn what really happened the day the vampiric royal family was killed.

"

My mother loves the gardens just inside the castle gate and is there for most of the afternoon. I go there now to show her what Father has taught me this morning. I hope she isn’t with one of my many sisters. They would tease me for days for being proud of learning to be empathic, a skill they all learned easily and more quickly than I.

 

I find her resting on a stone bench in view of the gate. My mother is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen in my twenty years of life. Her hair and eyes are a soft brown that reminds me of the does that wonder the forest-city outside the castle walls. Her skin is rosy and delicate like the petals of the roses Father brings her all the time. Today she wears one of her normal day dresses, a simple, blue gown with flowing skirts.

 

“Mama!” I call as I run up to her. “Mama, Father says I finally got it-“ I stop when I catch her scent. I lean closer and sniff her. “You smell different, Mama.”

 

Her naturally shapely eyebrows rise in surprise. “Do I, Alexander? How so?"

 

I lean closer, breathing deeply. My mind works on a way to explain the strange change. “You smell more like Father, but not like him at all. It is hard to explain.”

 

Her smile is bright and warm. She pulls me into a hug. “Do you know what that means, Alexander?” I shake my head and Mama places a hand on her stomach. “It means you have a little baby brother or sister growing in Mama’s tummy. Soon, you’ll be an older brother.”

 

“Really? I’ll be an older brother? ” I ask, excited. Being the youngest is a strange thing when fourteen older sisters are involved. She nods and smiles happily. I gently place both my pale, slim hands on her stomach. “Don’t you worry, little baby. I’ll be the best big brother there ever was!”

 

“Yes, my dear son, you will, I have no doubt,” she laughed gently. She then makes me look up at her. Her eyes are serious and I know she is about to tell me something important. “When you have a mate of your own you will be able to tell when she carries your child. She will smell like you just as I smell like your father. Do you understand, Alexander?”

 

I nod, committing this bit of knowledge to memory. “How will I know her, Mama? How will I know my mate?”

 

She sits back a moment, thinking. “Your father could answer you far better than I, but I do know the your mate can be bound to you with a willing exchange of blood. As long as you live, she will as well, and the other way around. You are smart, Alexander. You will know her when you see her.”

 

I smile. “That’s good, Mama.”

 

“There is something else, dear,” she says. “When you find her you need to teach her what your father taught me. If you ever seem to be loosing control of Rednaxela, tell her to chant ‘fragile mate, breakable mate.’”

 

I nod and repeat the words a few times, forcing myself to remember them. I know that Father sometimes hurts Mama accidentally. He always feels horrible and showers her with gentle touches and gifts to make it up to her, not that she needs them. Mama understands that monsters are always hard to control. I hope my mate will be as understanding if it ever happens to me. I chant the words, burning them into my memory, so I never forget them. I will do all I can to make sure my mate is as safe as possible, especially from myself. Even though twenty is still a child in the eyes of vampires, it is never too early to learn such important things.

 

“Mama! Mama!” calls a trio of girls in white dresses whom are running toward us from the open gate. “Come look what Amissa did! Come look what elder sister did!”

 

Mama smiles and lets her daughters lead her away. I run back into the castle to find Father.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Flashback time! Isn't that cute? Alexander loved his Mama and his Mama was oh, so worried.
"Whatever is she worried about?" you ask.
Well, you'll see.
*wink*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was ALL flashback!?!?!
wow you killing me here brit babe

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on November 3, 2008
Last Updated on December 18, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing