Book 2: Going Back Part 2

Book 2: Going Back Part 2

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

Honor, the world's greatest female demon hunter, and her vampiric compainion Alexander head to Vamun Castle, Alexander's childhood home, to learn what really happened the day the vampiric royal family was killed.

"

“I'm glad its spring,” Honor commented as Alexander jumped easily along the rocky mountainside. What would have been impossible for humans was easy for Alexander, even while carrying Honor. “It would be a lot colder if it wasn’t and we wouldn’t have been able to leave our cloaks at the inn.”

 

Alexander laughed as he made his way up the steep cliff. “So considerate! How do you like my climbing methods?”

 

Honor spread her arms, completely trusting in Alexander’s hold on her legs. “It’s almost like flying.”

 

The vampire chuckled and leaped higher than he had before. They easily cleared the top of the cliff almost a hundred feet above the last ledge. Honor gasped in awe at the site laid before her eyes.

 

Vamun Castle was more like a city than a palace. Hundreds of buildings and enclosed hallways stretched the huge valley the fit snuggly in the half-oval the small mountain peeks made with the sheer cliff Alexander had just bounded up. The buildings looked as if they belonged with the natural plant and wild life that was undisturbed by the vampiric settlement.

 

Directly across from the pair was the tallest of the peeks. A huge palace blended seamlessly with the cliffs. Balconies, towers, outdoor walkways and roof gardens seemed to be extensions of the mountainside. The palace was a masterpiece, a work of art unrivaled in the world over, and very few other than vampires ever saw it. Framing its beauty on either side were two majestic waterfalls that roared into two large pools, which flowed into a large river. The water separated the castle from the city with crystal clear brightness.

 

As Alexander trotted through the city Honor was startled by the still silence of the place. It was as if the life had been drained from the place. Not even a breeze stirred the trees. The air was heavy with sorrow. Even someone as empathetically impaired as Honor could feel it. She clung fighter to Alexander. Even with all its perfection and beauty, the demon hunter didn't want to stay. She wanted to be gone from here, away from the sadness that made her want to cry.

 

The vampire sensed her distress and speed up, moving at half-speed rather than a fast walk. The less time they spent here, the less time Honor would be able to feel his sorrow. He reached the river between the city and palace. An easy jump took them over the sparkling water and he slowed to a walk as he neared his childhood home.

 

When they reached the open gates of the castle's Alexander stopped to let Honor slip off his back. She moved forward cautiously, her hand on her hip throwing knife,the only weapon Alexander would let her bring with her. He followed her after leaving his swords in the gateway. If he lost his grip on the demon in him he wanted to be as harmless as he could make himself. Not that it would help the small woman much if he did lose control.

 

Alexander looked around the lush garden and remembered his mother.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Lalalalala.
Sorry it took so long.
Lalalalalalala.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

174 Views
Added on October 24, 2008
Last Updated on December 18, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing