Book 1: Honor and Grace Part 5

Book 1: Honor and Grace Part 5

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

Honor is a demon hunter traveling with Alexander, the vampire prince. Looking for information on Rinzer, the Demon Lord, she decides to go visit her sister, Grace, who is a priestess of the Great Goddess Ashnye.

"

Honor was up the steps as fast as her human legs could take her. She swung her scythe and released her spell, chaining two fire demon and the earth demon to the far wall. One of the remaining fire demons started to move toward her.

 

The demons had two things working against them. First off, the presents of the Lis and the priestess were weighting them down. Demons, those who have embraced the ways of evil, cannot stand in the present of Ashnye, the Great Goddess, and all that are close to her, like her churches and priestesses. The second and most important factor contributing to their death was Honor's wrath. The phrase “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” is very true in her case.

 

Honor could never move as fast as Alexander, but by human standards she was very quick. She easily cut off the arms and head of the demon in the doorway. The opal flared to life in tones of angry red. A swing of her scythe sent a wave of bright flames into the chapel, instantly burning the demons not bound to ash.

 

Honor covered the space between herself and Alexander and knelt beside him. She gently turned him onto his back and checked his breathing and pulse. After a moment she sighed in relief. Although slow, his heart still beat and his breathing was shallow but steady. She checked him for injuries next, but found none.

 

The young woman pulled the vampire close to her. A chill ran down her spine as she thought of how close she had come to losing him. He was rude, annoying and perverted, but she loved him all the same. Maybe she would give him a kiss when he woke up.

 

“Honor, maybe you shouldn't hold him so tightly. I don't think he can breath.” Honor listened to her sister and loosened her hold, but she refused to let go.

 

Grace was about to kneel next to her sister when her Lis stopped her by putting a hand on her arm.

 

“No, Grace,” he said. His voice was like bird song and bells. Honor was surprised that such a beautiful voice belonged to a man. “We shouldn't be that close. Our present will only hurt him further.”

 

Grace's face showed her shock. Her eyes snapped from Arthur's face to Honor's. “What the hell is he? You're dating a demon!”

 

“I am not dating anyone!” Honor swiftly denied. “Alexander is a vampire, duh, I already told you that.”

 

“You told me that he was a pig because he looked up your skirt,” Grace countered. “You said nothing about him being a vampire.”

 

“Well, it shouldn't matter! He isn't evil!” Honor cried.

 

“Vampires are different,” Arthur said, staying well back from Honor and Alexander. “They are very strange creatures. So much evil so carefully controlled.”

 

“Evil?” Unconsciously Honor held Alexander closer. “What do you mean?”

 

“Honey, you don't know?” asked Grace. “Vampires are blood demons with morals.”

 

Honor looked down at Alexander's pale face. He was definitely paler than normal, his skin seemed stretched over his cheek bones. His cheeks and jaw was a little rough from not shaving for a couple days. She couldn't see him with deathly white, translucent skin. She couldn't see him with eyes and hair the color of fresh blood. She couldn't see him being a blood demon, but at the same time she could. It made sense. No wonder demons left the vampire race alone. The only thing that could kill or ever really hurt a blood demon was another blood demon.

 

Honor realized that it didn't matter that Alexander was a monster. He was charming, sweet and romantic when he wanted to be. Alexander was Alexander. He may be evil, but he choose to be good and that was all that mattered to her.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Awww! Isn't that sweet?
*giggle*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter, can't wait to see what happen when it ends. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


are you kidding me! You stop when she sorta kind of starts to really warm up to him?!?!?! You are evil! Lol Love ya though no matter how evil XDXD more please?

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 13, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing