The Talon Family The Assassination of Two Part 5

The Talon Family The Assassination of Two Part 5

A Chapter by CLCurrie

Helbis didn’t like the change of clothes, but it made sense. All they wore now is some combat looking suits with tactical gear. They looked as if they had stepped out of a first-person shooter like Call of Duty or some other equally lame game. The gear made sense for what they were heading too, but it didn’t change how Helbis felt about the clothes. She didn’t want them on her body. She wanted to be in her PJs back at home watching a movie, but life rarely went as planned.

                The black van they rode in flew down the streets of New York being led by a few police cars. They were heading to the scene of the fight while Gabriel texted on her phone like she was going out to dinner. Helbis watched her wondering how all of this has become normal to them? Then again when you live such way it feels normal. They had always lived this way from what Helbis could recall. It was the way of the Talons.

                “Told dad we are going to be home late,” Gabriel said looking up at her sister. Helbis arms were crossed with a face which read she nothing but unhappy. “You know, you don’t have to come.”

                “What?” Helbis asked.

                “I’m sure I can handle this mission alone,” Gabriel said, and for a moment Helbis almost agreed with her, but it wouldn’t be a wise move. Talons always worked together no matter. She shook her head.

                “I don’t mind,” Gabriel told her, “really, you can go home.”

                “No, I’m not going too,” Helbis said.

                “Five minutes,” the driver said through the window.

                Gabriel picked up the bolt rifle. A rifle made by her father which was a mini-rail gun and shot out bolts of elections made to stun a foe. Of course, Paladin could load the weapon with more lethal means, but Gabriel or anyone in her family didn’t like that idea. She checked her ammo watching Helbis do the same. “We are in this together,” she said, “let’s just make this quick, shall we?”

                “Let’s,” Gabriel nodded with a sly grin.

                “We are coming around back,” the driver said with the van pulling to a hard stop. The girls jumped out being met by a man in a black mask ready for war.

                “You the team?” he asked.

                “We are,” Gabriel said. The man must have been in Paladin long enough to know anyone Lohengrin sent was good for the job.

                “Alright,” he said. “Our snipers got Ironblood a building over and the middle of gunfire.” If as on clue, they all hear the gunshots echoing all around them. “Looks, whoever he is fighting is putting one hell of a fight.”

                “Thank you, sir,” Gabriel said moving to the alleyway out of the corner of her eye. “We’ll let your team know if we need them.”

                He shrugged and said, “Sounds good to me, I love easy nights.”

                Gabriel didn’t have to walk up beside Helbis she could hear her coming and started off down the alleyway. They stopped at the other end seeing a few abandon cars on the road and a few more cars with bullet holes in them. They glanced up in time to see the windows in the building above being blown out with gunshots followed by a man.

                Either one of them watch the guy hit the road.

                “What do we know about Ironblood?” Helbis asked smelling the copper of the blood on the air.

                “He is a vigilante who doesn’t play nice,” Gabriel hissed watching more fighting from above. There was a good number of vigilantes in the city and even more in the world that Helbis knew about, she has even worked with a few. Not all of them were bad, and most of them were trying to do good in their own ways, but Ironblood, he didn’t seem like a nice man at all.

                They got below the floor where the gunshots were being fired hearing men cry out. They both lower themselves against the door in the offices with Helbis leading the way. Gabriel placed her hand on her sister’s back turning them both invisible like the wind.

                “Don’t go too fast,” Gabriel said into the radio shooting her voice right into Helbis ear. “And be ready for anything.”

                 Helbis open door rushing into the room seeing the battle being raged at the other end. Men were trying to their best to stop Ironblood, but his armor was nothing to the bullets. The bullets rung off him like rain against a tin roof. They moved closer, and Helbis saw the vigilante for the first time. His armor looks as if it was eerie silver with dark red lines running through the scales coming off center prices on his body as if they were where his bones would have been. His whole body seems to be outlined by a steel skeleton, and his head was cover in a demonic looking skull with shape red eyes. He glanced around the room looking for more people to kill with a large blade coming from his arm.

                 One of the men opens fire on the tall man hitting him with a shotgun and doing nothing. Ironblood turn faces the man rushing at him.

                “We have to stop him,” Helbis said.

                “Agree,” Gabriel said back, “but I doublet these guys will be happy for the help.”

                “We take them both out then.” Helbis moved forcing her sister to let go of her. Helbis shot at Ironblood but missed and hit a man behind him. Gabriel, on the other hand, was taking out everyone she aims for, and they were dropping fast.

                “I can’t control myself,” a hard voice said from under Ironblood’s mask. “The Voice got me, shot me, shot me now!” Helbis didn’t waste any time and quickly oblige the request. The bolts hit Ironblood’s chest dropping him to his knees, and he orders, “Again.” Helbis open fired putting four, five blots into the man making him hit the floor hard. She was worry she could have killed him, but he seems to move a little starting to pick himself up some. The armor around his body was working fast to keep him alive and fighting.



© 2018 CLCurrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...

Stats

117 Views
Added on September 10, 2018
Last Updated on September 10, 2018

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing