The Talon Family The Spy of London Part 12

The Talon Family The Spy of London Part 12

A Chapter by CLCurrie

Gabriel pulled a screaming Crystal from the van and dropping her not too far from the wreck. She headed back into the smoking van planning to garb Virgil and get him out as well when bullets started to nail into the walls all around her. She dropped to the floor, blinking out of sight, and heading for the hole at the other end. The firing of the loud weapons gives where they were coming from, and they were shooting randomly into the van. She got behind it before any of the bullets could hit her.

                “Dad? Dad, tell me you are not back at home?” She asked into her radio, hoping the outer mic was still off.

                “I’m on the jet,” he said. “But my drones are still overhead.”

                “How many?” She asked.

                “You have four coming to you,” He told her, “and two more men heading for Crystal.”

                “Any of those drones armed?” She asked feeling for her rifle and readying it to fire out of mere memory of where she thought the shots were coming from, but she knew she would be firing blindly.

                “I have stun and smoke grenades,” he told her.

                “Use the stuns one,” she said dipping from the side of the van and against the wall. She knew her armor would protect her from the grenades, but poor Crystal was about to have a headache like never before. The drones zipped by causing two of the men to glanced upwards and before they could take aim, little suns were rained down on them. The suns were birth into life with a blinding flash and a scream echoing long in their ears.

                Gabriel picked off the two men looking up a second before the grenades were drop by the time, they hit the ground the two other men quickly joined them. She spun on her kneels firing with the best of accuracy at the men screaming over Crystal. They fell backward like planks of wood with the bolts knocking against them.

                Gabriel raced over to Crystal who was trying her best to overcome the pain of her broken limbs, and the stuns grenades. Gabriel touched her, and the assassin jumped back not being able to see who did it. It was odd how it was for Gabriel to forget her power were on. When she first started to master it, she feared she would fade into being invisible forever and never be able to come back. Now, she loved the idea of being able to blink out of people’s sight. It made it easy to get away from guys who wanted her number. There she was talking to a guy, and then he said something weird and blinked, she gone.

                She slowly faded into Crystal’s eyes thinking now wasn’t the time to stay invisible. She pointed at her ears and held out a sideways thumb. Crystal shook her head giving a thumb down. She nodded and understanding Crystal still couldn’t hear and held out her hand like a stop sign.

                She glanced over her shoulder looking for her favorite vampire, but he wasn’t anywhere in sight. “Going back for Virgil,” she said to her dad and then pointed to the van. Crystal nodded, and Gabriel dashed for the opening.

                “Snip ---” But the hit hammered her against the wall. Her suit did its job stopping the round from hitting her body, but it did little against the pain. The wall was a soft bed compare to the force of the bullet. A second later after she dropped to her knees the echo of the gunshot rang out in the streets. She went to move, but the suit was in a locked down mood. The round must have it her so hard it locked the suit completely down for a moment to reboot.

                “Smoke, smoke,” She yelled at the drones, but her father had already dropped the small bombs filling the street with thick black smoke. The wall inches above her head had a new hole added it from another shot by the sniper. Her body had given away from the weight from the armor saving her life. “Thank God,” she said. “The armor is on lock down.”

                “I see it,” Alexander said. “He took out my drone, but I have two more in high altitude. I’m keeping an eye on you.”

                “Is he moving?” Gabriel asked.

                “He is cloaked from my scans.”

                “Can you reboot my suit faster,” she said, not sure what to do at this moment. She was trapped, and there wasn’t anything she could do to fight back. She closed her eyes blinking herself into nothing. She breathed hoping once the smoke fades the sniper couldn’t see her.

                She opened her eyes hearing footsteps coming behind her.

                “It’s the shooter,” Alexander's voice said over the com-line. “She hasn’t seen you.”

                “Where are you at my little ghost,” a woman yelled. “You can’t hide forever.”

                “Please, please, don’t see me,” Gabriel said to herself. Her power never failed her, and there was no way it would now, but the smoke in the street might outline her for the shooter. It was thick enough for Gabriel not to see the attacker, but if she got close enough, it was all over. She breathed deep and prayed harder.

                “Hello, my little ghost,” the woman said making Gabriel open her eyes to see the rifle pointed right at her. At this range, there was no way the armor would stop the round. It would punch through her suit like lightning hitting a tree; quick, painless, and dead.

                “May you get a drink in Hell before the Devil knows you’re there,” she said with a thick Irish accent. She didn’t look like most Irish people Gabriel had seen before. Her bright purple hair and lovely dark skin scream she was from the states. The tattoos under her eyes said she was from Egypt or at least the white ink was Egyptian in style.

                “I’m not going to Hell,” Gabriel told her like it matters to the assassin.

                “I could use a drink,” Virgil said vaulting out the smoke wrapping his arms around the assassin and pulling her back into the thick smoke. She screamed only for a moment before the gunfire drown it out and Gabriel’s armor unlocked.



© 2019 CLCurrie


Author's Note

CLCurrie
I’ll try to make this short for the both of us, but I feel, I need to add a little context to my stories on here. All the stories I post on this website are what I call “break stories.” They are either stories I go to when I get stuck in long from novel or stories, I write to explore a world. So, what does this mean? It means I enjoy these stories, but I don’t put everything into them. So, why am I posting them? A fair question and the reason I’m posting my stories on this website is to have fun, to show you my growth but most of all to give you a little taste of the worlds I work in. What does this mean for you? It means you can judge the work as you wish and by all means help me with plot, characters, and building the world, but I ask you to ignore grammar problems as best as you can and the style in which these stories are written. My page on here is my sketchbook and you guys get to see all the rough, nasty parts of my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on April 29, 2019
Last Updated on April 29, 2019

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing