The Madness at Koresh Manor­ Part 1

The Madness at Koresh Manor­ Part 1

A Chapter by CLCurrie

Colorado, The Talon Maison

Time: 2219

 

Raphael Talon would never tell any of his family members the dark thoughts running around in his head right now. He wouldn’t speak a word of how he felt like lying in bed until death overtook him, and the world would be a better place without him. He couldn’t speak this to a single person in his life, and the only thing which calms the storm building in his head was running. He ran and ran through the trails of their estate trying to outrun his feeling and most of all the secrets he carried about his mother. Secrets once again he could not tell anyone he loved so deeply.

                The thin air raced beside him petting his buzz cut hair and his long runner's body. A long body and a long face which everyone said remind them of his father. His dark eyes were like his dad’s, his noise shared between him, and his younger brother looked like their father’s, but the emotional cyclone was a gift from his mother.

Alexander Talon, one of the world’s greatest mind, always told his middle child he acted so much like their mother. The sensitivity Raphael felt, and the deepening pit of sadness was something his mother knew very well and before he knew all her secrets he didn’t understand why, but now he understood greatly.

They had lost her ten years ago. Oh God, has it really been ten years already? It felt like yesterday. When her plane went down over the ocean, and her body was never found. She was dead, gone, and leaving a hole in the family.

A hole Gabriel the oldest blood daughter filled quickly while their father in his grief fell deeper into his work. He started working more for Paladin, a government agency task with fighting the world’s evils like super spies or demons or shadowy militaries trying to take over the planet. Paladin had always been a staple in the Talon’s kids lives. They all plan on working for the group one day and spent most of their lives training for it before the accident.

An accident which gave his family, outside of Helbis, his adopted sisters, powers. She already had magical tattoos on her arms and legs blessing her with the senses of a cat and the ability to turn into one as well. It was never out of place in his family for one of his sisters to be different from everyone else. Even before their powers, they were all very different from the outside world.

Now, there was no way of changing that fact. They all had powers unlike anyone on earth and as their mother had taught them, “Be an angel to someone in this world, help where you can and do good when it is called for you to do so.” What better calling was it then a meteorite blowing up in his father’s lab imbedding prices of its self into all their skin and giving them powers. The little green rocks all over his body giving him the lovely power of forming an unbreakable armor all the way around his body which came handle on many missions. His sister, Gabriel could turn herself invisible along with anything she touched, and his little brother, a giant of a boy, had super strength. His father has his own power, but they were not a blessing but a cruse to him.

The man laid in a coma unable to wake but could place his mind into the robots he built around the mansion. It allowed him to be with his family. They didn’t lose him like they lost their mother.   

They accepted their calling and joined up with Paladin to fight evil. They were good at it too. The lifetime of readying their bodies and minds for the mission did them well. It gives them a reason to keep moving and to keep fighting, so why did Raphael want to give all that up?

He didn’t wish to give his calling in life for something better, there was nothing better. He wished to give it up because he was tried. He was a man of eighteen, and already he felt old, used up, out of commission. He had done and seen things most people would never see in their lives. He had saved the world more times then he could count and yet, he was alone in it all. There was a darkness over his life he didn’t know how to escape.

He wasn’t meant for a different life, and that fact saddens him the most.

He went home taking his time from the long run and enjoying the night sky as he tracked his way back. He knew the land around the house like the back of his hand but still felt as if someone was watching him. He stopped from time to time scanning the night but seeing nothing.

Raphael shrugged it off and made his way through the side door of the house. It was late, and most everyone was in bed or in their rooms. They were all reading, watching movies or playing their games but for the most part, the house was dark. He didn’t bother cutting on the lights to the kitchen garbing snack before heading up to his room. He would eat and then take a shower or maybe, just go to bed for a few days.

He opens the door to his overly clean room. No matter how down he felt through the days, weeks, and sometimes months he couldn’t stand for his room to be dirty, another habit picked up from his super assassin mother.

The room was cast in shadows except for the low light coming from his fish tank, and he stopped right in the doorway. Someone was sitting on his bed black as the night around them. He didn’t move nor say a word, all he did was ready himself for a fight.

“Hey, Ralph,” the sweet voice said opening her bright green eyes to him. Her green eyes almost glowed in the darkness like someone had slight a flashlight over them.

“Karalius?”



© 2018 CLCurrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on September 30, 2018
Last Updated on September 30, 2018
Tags: #adventure #Talonfamily #Afunrea

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing