The Talon Family The Dead Moon Part 2

The Talon Family The Dead Moon Part 2

A Chapter by CLCurrie

Michael loved how much everyone in Paladin made you feel like you were a part of one big family. He guessed for the more part they were because Paladin had a lot of power and a lot of people working for them, but the people who carried out the mission were limited. Michael could almost name every team in Paladin with some kind of enchanted person in the ranks and knew all the people who were enchanted. They traveled in the same circle all the time, which made it easy to know everyone. The only problem Michael found out quickly was being around people who were not like him.

                When you live in a crazy world with enchanted people all the time, you sometimes forget the rest of mankind is not the same.

                Harley Cooper laughed with Raphael as they spoke about the time he had to infiltrate a cult to save Rain Lovecraft of the Guinevere’s Hunters. Harley laughed at the idea of him saving Rain, everyone knew Rain to be a little bit of a snob. It was a by-product of coming from one of the richest families in the world and a family that taught their only son he was the savior of the world.

                The Lovecrafts were a little odd anyway. They had an unhealthy obsession with the occult and anything dealing with magic. Then again when you great grandfather wrote novels about the horrors the Lovercarfts were fighting then maybe, it was okay to be a little eccentric.

                “Man, I would have loved to have seen his face,” Harley said.

                “It was priceless,” Raphael told her.

                “I would have loved to see your face,” Michael said nodding at Raphael, “when the Lesser One ate you.”

                Raphael shot him a glance of shock, mumble, “I’m going to kill Gabriel.”

                “Helbis was the one who told me,” Michael said, smiling back.

                “The statement still stands.”

                “Wait, wait, a Lesser One ate you?” Harley asked, trying not to laugh. “How did you get out?”

                Michael started to chuckle and said, “Please tells us he pooped you out, please.”

                “It doesn’t matter,” Harley said, laughing, “whatever you tell me that is how I’m going to retell the story anyway.” Michael laughed hard along with her as Raphael pouted, trying not to join in the joke.

                “Oh, man, I’m telling everyone that’s how you got out,” Michael said, catching his breath.

                “I hate you both,” Raphael remarked.

                “No, but what really how did you get out?” Harley asked. She and Michael had ever seen a Lesser One, and they didn’t believe they were real for the most part, but both of them had read files on the monsters. The Lesser Ones were the children of the Elder Ones from Lovecraft’s books, and they all wanted to destroy life on this world, simply because they hated it.

                “I had to find its heart and stab it,” he said. “It was not as fun as it sounds.”

                “I bet so,” Harley agreed.

                “Ma’am,” the pilot said over the radio, “I need you to come to the cockpit, ma’am.”

                “Be right back,” she said

                “What else did our big mouth sister, tell you?” Raphael asked, turning to face Michael.

                “Nothing expect Karalius is a fox lady now,” Michael said.

                “I’m going to kill her.”

                “I’m just saying, man,” Michael said, “it is okay to be in love with a foxy lady. You don’t have to wait on Mathilda forever.

                Raphael hit him right in the shoulder, and Michael react as if it hurt, but they both knew it didn’t. “Hey, I was ju ---”

                “Guys, I need you up here right,” Harley told them. They both rushed into the cockpit without thinking about their boots. The moment they stood up, the boots cut on and they could move around like they were back on earth expect the boots weighted more than they thought it. Michael’s super strength made him feel as if he was walking normally while Raphael seems to struggle to left them.

                “We got a message from Parthenion,” she said, turning to face them. The bright smiling person from before was gone and now was the hard warrior they both knew well standing in front of them. The message only held bad news, which meant their mission had changed from a simple ride along to something more serious.

                “Clue it up,” she ordered nodding at the screen next to their heads.

                They both saw Commander Maguerico Gibbs face on the screen with sweat pouring down over his face with a horrific expression bending out. There were flashing red lights behind with the people running around getting ready for a fight. He ran his hand over his dark skin face and said, “This is moon base Parthenion, and we are on lock down. An unknown contagion has been brought into the base from the portal experiment, which is forcing us to active protocol Black Wash thirty-three. All incoming ships, you are now on stand by, and the base is on full lock down.” A few gunshots were heard off the screen with Commander Gibbs yelling for his men to hold them back. He dashed away from the screen as it went black.

                Raphael crossed her arms, and Michael sighed. “What does this mean for us?” He asked.

                “Nothing,” Harley said. “We sit by until we get orders.”

                “And we don’t know anything?” Raphael asked.

                “Just what you saw,” she said, sitting beside the co-pilot seat.

                “Portal tech?” Michael asked, eyeing his brother.

                “Dad did say they were working on it,” Raphael told him. “But he wasn’t helping, nor did he think if it would work.”

                “Well, something worked,” Harley said. “Commander Gibbs said the contagion came from the portal.”

                “Can we pull anything up?” Raphael asked her.

                She shrugged and said, “Right now, our orders are to hold tight.”

                “We are holding tight,” Raphael said, “but that doesn’t mean we can’t gather some info on what is going on.”

                Harley rose an eyebrow, nodded and turn to type on the computer. She brought up what files she could, and the only thing she could gain was Dr. Mengele Robespierre was working on portal technology and was close to a break thought. His work was moved to the moon base in case something went wrong as not to harm the people on Earth.

                “Something did go wrong,” Raphael said.

                “What can you bring up on this Dr. Robespierre,” Michael asked.

                “Let’s see,” Harley said, typing super-fast. “He was born in German went to several top-ranking schools for physics, and theoretical physics was brought into Paladin after school and has been working with us ever since. His psych evaluation is a little spotty. Looks like he suffers from bipolar and is a high-functioning narcissist.”

                “A great guy to have in space,” Raphael remarked. “How could any of that go wrong.”

                “Ma’am,” the pilot said, “incoming from H.Q.”


© 2019 CLCurrie


Author's Note

CLCurrie
I’ll try to make this short for the both of us, but I feel, I need to add a little context to my stories on here. All the stories I post on this website are what I call “break stories.” They are either stories I go to when I get stuck in long from novel or stories, I write to explore a world. So, what does this mean? It means I enjoy these stories, but I don’t put everything into them. So, why am I posting them? A fair question and the reason I’m posting my stories on this website is to have fun, to show you my growth but most of all to give you a little taste of the worlds I work in. What does this mean for you? It means you can judge the work as you wish and by all means help me with plot, characters, and building the world, but I ask you to ignore grammar problems as best as you can and the style in which these stories are written. My page on here is my sketchbook and you guys get to see all the rough, nasty parts of my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on May 27, 2019
Last Updated on May 29, 2019
Tags: #Adventure #Saturdaycartoonfun #

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing