The Madness at Koresh Manor Part 15

The Madness at Koresh Manor Part 15

A Chapter by CLCurrie

Raphael woke hours later on his jet heading back home. Rain was plotting the jet while Karalius sat by his side. He checks under his blanket to see he was wearing some sweatpants and a black t-shirt. He slowly sat up with Karalius smiling at him and started to rub his head. When he stayed in the armor as long as he did, it took a lot out of him and left him with a hangover worst then any night of drinking.

                “How did I get out?” He asked.

                “The monster disintegrates leaving you there,” Karalius said.

                “Naked?”

                “Very,” she grinned and if she could blush she would be right now.

                “Well, that is embarrassing.”

                “For you and Rain,” she said.

                “How did we get out?”

                “When we got out of the underground castle everyone was gone,” she said getting him a glass of water.

                He took it and said, “Thanks and they all left?”

                “I guess, no one was around with us there,” she said.

                She sat beside him. “Not the oddest thing that happens to me.”

                “Yeah, being eaten by a giant monster can’t be fun.”

                “No, it wasn’t,” he said telling her about what happened to him inside the monster. It was all hard to believe even for Raphael but talking about it made seem more real to him. A reality he wasn’t sure he wanted to know about anymore, but there was no way of taking it from his mind. They talked about how odd their lives had become and how everyone else just thought it was normal. Karalius told him about some the crazy missions she been on, like the one to land under the world where magical Knights fought against Orcs and other things. Or the time they had to walk in the Realm of Dreams to save the world from a brain-eating demon.

                “This is not how I thought my life was going to end up.”

                “Same here,” she said. “But I don’t think I would trade it for anything.”

                “Yeah, I guess so,” Raphael said hoping she couldn’t see his lie. He almost would trade anything for it expect other people’s lives. He wasn’t going to be a killer like his mother. They chatted for a few more hours with Raphael dropping them off near the Lovecraft’s mansion. Rain thanked him, and Karalius hugged him. He jumped back on his jet and when home.

                He stood in his doorway for a moment not cutting the light on hoping Karalius would be sitting there when he did. He knew she wasn’t, but it was a nice dream to have in the loneliness of the dark. He sighed looking down the hall wondering if anyone was awake but doubted it. He turned back to his room feeling his phone going off.

                Karalius had texted him, “Sorry but I must tell you; I hear everything you said about your mother and if you need me to let me know.”

                “I need you.”

                “Then I am here for you.”     



© 2018 CLCurrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on December 9, 2018
Last Updated on December 9, 2018

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing