The Talon Family The Assassination of Two Part 10

The Talon Family The Assassination of Two Part 10

A Chapter by CLCurrie

By the time Lohengrin and the Paladin agents arrive at the ship Ironblood, and Kirk was long gone. The cars swarm the place with Gabriel and Helbis sitting on the deck in front of all the tie of up men. The Voice sat at the forefront of the group with hands bounded, gag in his mouth, and the pain was written on his face. It would be a few months before he could speak again which didn’t bother either one of them.

                They lean against the railing waving at Lohengrin as his team moved to gather the criminals.

                “Thanks for helping,” Gabriel said. “I know you don’t want to be on missions if you could’ve help it.”

                Helbis smiled and said, “Actually, I think it will do me some good to get back out there. It will remind me the good we are doing in the world.”

                They watched the men be taken away, and Lohengrin thanked them for their help. He didn’t ask a lot of question. He knew how the game worked, Paladin agents did their jobs, got results, and it was best not to ask how. He got a car to take them home, but Gabriel was ready to be back with her family, so the driver took them to the airport instead.

                Their private jet was ready for them by the time Gabriel climbed into the cockpit and before they knew the jet was in the air. She let the autopilot take over joining Helbis in the back where she found her watching one of her old black and white movies. The movies board Gabriel to no end.

                “You still think I should have told Lohengrin about Ironblood?” Gabriel asked.

                “I don’t know,” Helbis said. “We couldn’t have found the Voice without him, and he did let me shoot Kirk which was nice.” They both smiled at the thought.

“He is going to be so mad when he wakes up,” Gabriel said with a little giggle.

“I kind of wish I was there to see his face,” Helbis said.

“Me too.”

“Why are you questioning what we should do about them?” Helbis asked.

                Gabriel stared at the dull movie called ‘Double Indemnity’ and said, “If they do something really bad I’m going to feel awful responsible for it.”

                “If they do something then we will go stop them,” Helbis told her with a big smile.

                “Yeah, I guess.” Gabriel said, “Why do you pick the worst movies?”

                “This is a great movie,” she protested. “You are the one who has bad taste.”

                “Please, name one movie?”

                “Batman vs. Supermen,” Helbis stared at her. “Hours I will never get back.”

                “That was an awful movie,” Gabriel agrees with a heavy yawn with the sun starting to tip over the world. Her phone rang, and she picked it up with a simple question, “Yes?”

                Helbis knew it was someone from Paladin by Gabriel tone and she prayed they wouldn’t have another mission to go on.

                “Yes. Yes. No. Really? Okay, thank you,” was all the words Gabriel said before hanging up the phone.

                “Well?” Helbis hoped it was anything but another mission.

                “That guy who was the Voice,” Gabriel said.

                “Yeah?”

                “Not the real the Voice,” she told him. “The scars and thing on the side of his head some kind of device for the real Voice to control him.”

                “Wow.”

                “It also had a bomb in it,” Gabriel said with a sigh.

                Helbis didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want another mission, but she didn’t want someone to die for it. Her stomach twisted a little, and her heart pounded at the thought of the man’s terror before the end. She tried to stare at the movie becoming lost in the black and white world, but it wasn’t working for her.

                “But hey,” Gabriel said bringing her knees up under her and placing her head in her hands to watch the movie, “there is always next time. The mod does like giving us more shots to take them down. We will make the Voice pay.”

                “Yes, we will.”  

 




© 2018 CLCurrie


Author's Note

CLCurrie
(Writer’s Notes: I would have to say this is the shortest story so far but, I enjoy it for the most part. I might go back and add more to it, but I think it works which what I was trying. I hope you enjoy it.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 26, 2018
Last Updated on September 26, 2018

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing