The Talon Family The Spy of London Part 4

The Talon Family The Spy of London Part 4

A Chapter by CLCurrie

 “I don’t like this plan,” Alexander said into the radio.

                “Dad, it is fine,” Gabriel moan back for the hundredth time. She was on the arm of Virgil as she walked into the English National Opera in the crowd of people in luxury suits and dresses. There were even a few high-ranking politicians among the people going to see the Opera tonight. The red carpet was lying out for the people of power and wealth; not one of them was any wiser about the two Paladin agent walks among them. One of them with the power to turn anything she held inviable and the other a vampire possibly older than the building itself.

                “I still don’t like it,” he told them.

                “Sorry, mate,” Virgil said into the radio, “but most people are not ready for a giant metal man walking around.”

                Alexander didn’t say anything back.

                “You still tracking us?” Gabriel asked.

                “I am,” Alexander told her.

                “Good,” she said nodding at the guards by the doors quickly noticing the other guards in suits trying to blend in with the crowd.

                “Well, you can’t say I don’t know how to treat a woman to a good night, huh?” Virgil asked smiling down at blonde on his arm.

                “It’s been a while since a man was old fashion like this,” Gabriel told him.

                “That is a shame,” he said. “What are they teaching children now and days?”

                “Mostly, that courtship is dead,” she said walking up the steps to their private box.

                “I guess some things do change,” Virgil said opening the door for her. She found her sit loving the blue and gold dress she picked out for the play. Paladin paid for it all, and she made sure they got their money worth all she hopes now was she got to keep the dress. Virgil sat beside her crossing his legs with a sly grin on his face.

                “What are we seeing again?” She asked.

                “Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro, I believe,” he said.

                “Is it any good?”

                “I enjoy it,” he told her.

                “Target is inbound,” Alexander said. One of the best things about having a robot dad was he could link up with the drones flying overhead. Of course, no one below knew the drones were there because they were sheath drones designed for Paladin. They could lock on to person and follow their heat signal into any building.

                “Are our blinkers still good?” Virgil asked.

                “Reading all green,” Alexander said. Both of them wore buttons on their clothes which sent a small blinking light to the drone, and only the drone could pick up the light. It was the same technology the army used for their soldier in nigh time fighting, but with a little twisted on it.

                “There she is,” Gabriel said nodding over at the box across the way.

                “With a few more guards then we plan,” Virgil said.

                “Well, you did say you knew how to treat a woman to a good time.” Gabriel smiled at him.

                “We will move on the target once the lights go down,” Virgil said to Gabriel and Alexander.

                “Everything is clear out here,” Alexander said. “Which I don’t like.”

                “We know.”

                “I kind of have to agree with him,” Gabriel said under her breath. “This does feel too easy.”

                Virgil sighed looking out over the people wondering if they both were right. “Let’s hope not.”

                The lights dim, and a knock-on Crystal door came with one of the guards rising an eyebrow. He opens the wondering how this tall pasty white man got past the door guards and where they were at. Virgil smiled at him and whispered, “I would like to speak with Crystal Haunt.”

                “Go away now,” the tall ex-special forces man order.

                “Look, my friend,” Virgil said showing his teeth and making his eyes go demonically red, “I’m coming in, one way or another. Rather you are bleeding or not is up to you.”

                The man went for his guns when Crystal stopped him. “Let him in,” she said with a thick German accent.

                “Ma’am?” The man asked shocked at the order.

                “You heard me,” she said, “and leave us. All of you.”

                “Yes, ma’am,” they all stand up stepping out of the room and waiting outside for new orders.

                Virgil sat down across from her with his hands in his lap and his legs crossed. He stares at the lovely face of his enemy, and she was perfect outside of the nasty scar running from one side of her face to the other. “Were you expecting me?” He asked.

                “For the most part,” Crystal said. “I see Paladin got my message.”

                “Messager,” Virgil said, playing like he knew what was going on and keeping the radio link on.

                Alexander softly creaked in his ear with the words, “We are being played.”

                Gabriel wanted to agree, but she couldn’t speak hiding in the box with both of them.

                “I’m moving to position B,” Alexander said. The position was set up for close quarters combat and making sure he could get to them within seconds.

                “Yes, my message,” She nodded. “And I’m sure you are wondering why I asked for this meeting.”

                “In all do honestly, ma’am,” the vampire said, “my job is to bring you back, not to have a long chit chat. Unless you want to stay for the show.”

                “I’m not in the mood for this show,” Crystal said, “because there might be a different about to start.”

                “That can’t be good,” he said.

                “They want me dead,” she told them. “I think there are assassins in the theater.”

                Virgil glanced around once more feeling a few eyes on them. “You have to get me out of London, tonight,” she said.

                “I think so.” he nodded and then order, “Gabriel now.” For a quick second, she blinked back into sight between Virgil and Crystal grabbing them and then blinking back out of sight.

                “You feel my dress,” Gabriel asked Crystal in a whisper.

                “Yes,” she said back.

                “Then don’t let go,” she ordered her, “and move with me. You read Virgil?”

                He didn’t say a word for a moment. “Virgil?”

                “I am ready,” he said watching the assassins in the crowd quickly moving to find their target. She was right, and it was far from a good thing. 



© 2019 CLCurrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on February 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 20, 2019

Adventures of the Talon family


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing