Chapter 1: The Thief

Chapter 1: The Thief

A Chapter by Kane

The air was chilly and the day was well into the evening. Nobody saw the shadows run by as the moonlight was their friend. Loki was running across the rooftop with Freya. They ran towards a huge house made out of white stone, high-tech security and dogs. Loki threw sausages far away, from the place they wanted to descend from, and then jumped onto the wall. Freya followed him and Loki put on his ski mask. It covered the lower part of his face and his ash blonde hair. He hated his hair, it was impractical for his job, and the only thing that tied him to his family. Freya also put on a ski mask which covered her brown long hair, and the lower part of her face. They ran to the front door and stopped. They had contact lenses on which showed laser sensor. Loki maneuvered to the switch and a good ten centimeters away from it, he grabbed a vial of some weird mixture and then put it on the switch. After that he ran back and took cover behind a pillar close to the door with Freya. A fizzling could be heard and then nothing. Loki walked to the door, and then unlocked it with simple lock-picking skills. They were inside the building now, and Freya looked at the hallway. She and Loki split up, Loki running upstairs, and Freya downstairs.

Upstairs Loki ignored the vases which were on display and the paintings. They were worthless and he didn't need cheap stuff. He saw lasers and smiled. Mind games huh? Then let's play. He walked towards the closest painting and opened it. behind it there was a vault. Bingo! Jackpot He thought, smirking. Loki opened the vault as if it were nothing and then took out it's contents. Afterwards ran back to the lobby, he didn't want to risk getting caught. Freya was still downstairs and Loki went to help her.

Downstairs, he saw someone running past him. S**t! Freya got caught! Loki followed the guard from the shadows, and saw tons of guards standing in front of a room. Loki guessed that Freya was inside. He sighed and grabbed a small contraption. He rolled it towards the guards who looked at it silently. Suddenly one of them shouted: "Get away!" But it was too late. Only the guard who had realized what the contraption was, was left conscious. The only indication of the ball being the culprit was a trail of smoke. Loki grabbed a knife from his boot and ran at the guard who looked at his colleagues in disbelief. Loki's knife was resting on the guards throat and the former one said: "Open the door." The guard walked towards the door and opened it reluctantly. Inside was Freya, holding something familiar. Loki hit the guard unconscious and then took the thing Freya held. "Where was it?" "In here, I found it while searching for valuable things." "How did you know it was mine?" "It has the same emblem your pendant does." Loki took it and then said: "We're leaving, it's become too risky."

They ran out of the house as quickly as they could. The alarms rung, but they didn't care, they had what they wanted, and were faster. They split up again and ran to different places. Loki threw his ski mask away and then pulled off the sweater he had put on and threw it away a few minutes away from the sweater. He ran in a different direction and then pulled off the black pants. He ran a bit away from the pants, then he started to casually walk in his jeans and red t-shirt. He walked to the closest convenience store and bought something to eat. His backpack was heavy with the loot and his stomach was full with food. He walked towards his apartment and saw a note in front of his door.

                            I have your girl, if you want her back,

               give me the key, or I will kill her and leave nothing behind

 



© 2013 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Appreciate comments, good or bad

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane