Chapter 3: The Heritage

Chapter 3: The Heritage

A Chapter by Kane

Loki woke up on the couch, feeling like an old man. His back hurt like s**t and he didn't like the feeling. He walked to his refrigerator and opened a bottle of water. He took a long swig and then looked at the food. Nothing. He sighed and grabbed his wallet and keys while walkin out. It was a warm summer day and he walked to a diner. He was hungry and somehow had the craving for a cheeseburger and some fries. A real cheeseburger.

He walked across the streets to a small diner. Inside he ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. He sat close to the window, sipping his coke and looked at the street. He noticed something weird. One boy, about thirteen of age, was looking around all the time. Loki ran to the waitress and said: "I'll be right back, put my burger somewhere safe."

As Loki crossed the street, he saw the boy run into an alley. Loki looked around and saw a ladder which brought one to a good vantage point towards the alley. He climber the ladder and was on the roof. Looking down he saw the boy, close to a corner, holding something in his hand. Loki stared and then shouted: "Boy, what do you want?" The boy looked up, surprised. He threw the vial towards Loki, but Loki caught it and looked at it. It was a clear liquid, an acid most likely. Loki looked back down and saw the boy, looking up at him. "Let me guess, the one who sent you here was Blake," Loki said. The boy didn't say anything, but his expression was more than enough. Loki grabbed his wallet and threw the boy six Ben Franklins and then walked away. While walking away though, he said: "If I were you, I would run now, don't ever come back, Blake and I will have a power feud, run little boy."

Back in the diner Loki ate his cheeseburger and the fries. He washed it all down with the coke and looked out of the window again. The boy had gone the moment he had bitten into his cheeseburger. Then, he saw Freya walk across the street, with another person in tow. The other person looked just like Freya, just younger. Loki saw them walk in. He took another drink from his coke and then paid for the food. He started to walk out when Freya noticed him. "Hi Loki," she said. "Morning Freya, how are you?" "Good, and you?" "Staying alive," Loki smirked, then he motioned to Freya's companion, "who's the girl?" "Oh, this is my little sister Tiffany, Tiffany, this is Loki, a friend of mine who lives in the same apartment complex." Tiffany looked at Loki, then she turned away. Loki smiled and then said: "I'll see you around, bye," and left.

Loki walked to his apartment and then into his room. He took his cellphone and thought: Time to call someone after years... He called a number which he put under his contacts with the name: Only Super Emergency. The phone was picked up and someone said: "It's rare for you to call me..." "Well, it is an emergency." The person sighed and then asked: "So, what is it?" "What is our family heritage?" There was a short silence, and Loki thought the person had hung up the phone. "Where did you hear that from?" Loki didn't reply and then the other person said: "It's different per person. We are a family of noble blood, cursed blood, gifted blood and even godly blood. Our roots can be traced to Loki, the Norse god of mischief. Why else did you think mom named you 'Loki'? She knew you would be special." "So what is mine?" "We don't know. You're a late bloomer." "And what's yours?" Again silence. Then suddenly: "Mind reading," and then the phone line went dead.



© 2014 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on December 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane