Chapter 5: The Sister in law

Chapter 5: The Sister in law

A Chapter by Kane

Loki had been doing nothing for the rest of the day, awaiting the next day. He knew when to be in front of the main house. He wore his fancy suit and his dress shoes. It was shortly before 3 p.m. and Loki knew that his father always expected guests to be there at 3:30. Loki walked out of his apartment, locked the door, and was stopped by Scathach. "AH! Where are you going in a suit?" Loki sighed but replied: "Somewhere. Bye," he walked down the stairs towards the parking place. He had a motorcycle there. Everyone asked him why he took the subway although he could ride his motorcycle, and the simple answer was: Loki hated driving. It was a weird thing to hate, but he sometimes had to get over that hate to go to the main house. The main house was so far away, that the closest subway station was approximately thirty miles away.

After a good two hour drive Loki stood in front of the Iota family main house. Well, the main house was more like a castle, and he only stood in front of the front gates, waiting to be led to the front door. An escort came and he led Loki up the pathway to the front door. Loki stepped into the manor and stood face to face with his sister-in-law. "Loki, why are you here?" "None of your concern," Loki replied with a slight edge in his voice. "Don't you dare talk to me like that," she replied. "You know better than anyone that I will talk to anyone however I like, Martha." "Shut up Loki. Nobody wants you back in this house." "I'm not coming back to this house unless it's been completely cleansed of your bad karma." "Said the thief," Martha countered. But Loki was ready for that: "True, I am a thief, but you can't deny that I once stole your heart." Martha had no counter for that and the game of counter table tennis was over. Loki had won that round, but he never had a chance of tasting the sweet victory, for his brother came: "Loki, are you here to see her?" Loki simply nodded. "Father is waiting for you in his study. After you see her I want to talk to you." Again, Loki nodded, not knowing what else to do. He ran up the stairs to his father's study.

In front of the study he knocked on the door and waited for a bit. "Enter," his father's voice boomed through the door. Loki opened the door and saw his father sitting at his desk. His father gestured him to close the door and then sit at the table. "Loki, she is at the same place, but I called you here first for a reason. I heard you broke into Flora manor." Loki looked taken aback. They had made sure not to leave traces. "I'm not dumb, your cousin was the investigator of that case and on count of witnesses you're the only one who could've pulled that off. Three things were missing, bank accounts, legal documents and one object. The owners didn't want to say what that object is, but I want to know, so tell me." "I refuse. What I steal is what I steal. That means it's none of your god damned business." Loki's father laughed and let Loki go.

Loki ran down the stairs, through the hallways, towards the east wing. In the east wing he ran up the stairs, down the hallway, down another flight of stairs while thinking: 'Why does this place have so many unnesecary stairs?' And finally stood in front of a big blue door. He opened it and a small girl was sitting in front of the window. For the first time in years, Loki truly smiled. "Hey, how have you been sis?" His sister turned around and tackle hugged Loki. "Loki! I thought I would never see you again!" "Now I can't live you here alone can I, Athena?" "Oh be quiet you, James takes care of me although Martha isn't that nice to me..." Loki felt white hot rage burn inside him but calmed down when he saw his sisters facial expression. Athena's ability was to read people's emotions. "So, how have you been doing little sister?" Athena's face brightened up instantly: "I'm great! Although I have a few problems with my fiancé.." "WHAT? SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE A FIANCÉ?" "Um, Martha organized a few things for me... for the future of the family." "I'll be right back," Loki ran out of the room and into his father's office in less than twenty seconds. "Old man! Why is Athena engaged?" "What do you mean 'engaged'?" "'She has a fiancé engaged'!" "Since when?" "Wait, wait, wait, you don't know?" Loki's father stood up and ran out of the room followed by Loki. Loki and his father stood in front of Martha and his brother. "Martha! I heard Athena's engaged!" The expression on his brother's face

Loki and his father stood in front of Martha and his brother. "Martha! I heard Athena's engaged!" The expression on his brother's face showed that the brother himself wasn't aware of this. "What nonsense are you spouting? Did the girl tell you that?" "Yes, and don't you dare tell me she lied to me, I know whether it's the truth or not!" "Martha, how dare you do that." "You don't understand Lugh! You spend more time with her than with me!" "Martha, tell me, who?" Lugh asked. "The youngest son of the Kodler family." Loki stared, and ran out of the room.



© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Guess who's back? It's me! YAY! umm, hi. well, like always reviews are welcome and um, what was I going to right.................... Oh yeah, the font is weird right now because of some technical issues so it changed in the middle of it. And I will be using the default font from now on and... yeah, have a good one :DDDDDDD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok, apparently it didnt change sooo yeah..

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane