Chapter 7: The Heritage

Chapter 7: The Heritage

A Chapter by Kane

Night was upon the world and Loki felt at home in its embrace. Nothing but silence and lights. He put on his thief clothes and felt comfortable in them. The suit had gotten far too stuffy for him and he needed to move freely. Loki waited for a second before running into the building from a window he had opened before he had left. Then he grabbed his boots and rubbed the soles. The pieces of grass stuck to his hand and he wiped it off into the wind. He ran past rooms and guards until he turned into a dead end corner. He walked to the wall and tapped different segments until he heard a silent click. The wall opened and Loki sighed: "So cliché." He walked in and saw a lever which he flicked and the door closed. Loki took a deep breath and walked down the secret hallway until he reached a door. He opened the door and saw a desk and bookcases. On the desk were the marriage documents and Loki grabbed them, but something else caught his eye. A book with the title: 'The Achievements of Loki'. The book opened instantly and showed a line that made Loki's head hurt instantly: 'Loki is a shapeshifter'. The pain in Loki's head became unbearable and he dropped to the ground, grabbing his head in pain. Suddenly a wall in the room broke and behind it stood four people in suits. "Hello there little boy, you seem to be smarter than we thought. We almost didn't hear you," the first person said. He was the smallest amongst them, but carried himself with a certain air around him. The pain in his head unbearable Loki was still on the ground, but this time he held his chest as well because his heart started to hurt. The world was spinning and his heart hurt as if someone were crushing it. The four were looking at him in pity as Loki writhed around and the man in the front went down to his knees and said: "I don't know why you're like this kid, and I don't like to do what I am about to do, but orders are orders." A knife appeared out of nowhere and he raised it high. But Loki didn't see the knife, he saw the magic behind it. He saw the magic around him, the magic that held the world together. Then Loki saw the magic behind shadows and what he did next, he couldn't believe himself. He copied the shadows' patterns and became a shadow. The instant he had done that, all the pain had ceased, and his brain went into auto-pilot mode where he ran out of the building and then turned back into a human. "What is this?" He asked.


© 2014 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 20, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane