Obdurate Olivia (Chapter Three)

Obdurate Olivia (Chapter Three)

A Chapter by DecentlyOkayWriter
"

When the day ends the sun rises the wrong way

"
..."How much did it hurt?" I almost immediately emotionally recoil. Of anything I could have possibly said, I chose the most nerve smashing, feeling disregarding, punch-me-in-the-face thing I could have said. Even my anything but silence brain would have taken the silence over that. Liam didn't react for a quick second before tilting his head and saying "How much did what hurt?" I wasn't sure whether that's him giving me a chance to not be stupid or if he's in denial or something.  My brain, after calculating the possible options of dialogue, chose "Oh. Sorry." Liam looked at me, giving me a quick smile, grabbing my now empty ice cream bowl. "I'll go wash this. Enjoy the rest of your mopey mood," And then he leaves. I immediately flop onto the bed, taking in the annoyingly nice smell of my sister's detergent on it. She always said crazy stuff like the smell can enhance the clarity of the mind and whatnot. Now it's more to cover up the faint smell of cigarettes, since she decided that having fun was better than having a clear mind. I'm not sure which version of her I like best. New, who-cares-about-anything Olivia seems a bit more unstable, but she's also not locked in her room all day messing around with some chemical or another. Old who-doesn't-care-about-everything Olivia who was the most mentally stable but always said things like "When the day ends the sun rises the wrong way.", and always picked fights with Liam, which we all know is a lost cause, but at least she was home when you needed her. Both are as stubborn as a heavy rock. I wish old and new Olivia could co-exist. 


© 2024 DecentlyOkayWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on February 4, 2024
Last Updated on February 4, 2024


Author

DecentlyOkayWriter
DecentlyOkayWriter

Khaznot Quay



About
A insignificant dot in the sea of writers. . . . . . I'm a little off and on lately. I'll respond to read requests within a week, though. I try to post at least twice a month if not more. I've been.. more..

Writing