Mundane Me (Chapter 6)

Mundane Me (Chapter 6)

A Chapter by DecentlyOkayWriter
"

I've really never liked myself much

"
Olivia closed the door after Liam went, settling back down against the wall. I sighed, immediately letting my mind wander through worry land. I can't help it. Olivia always tells us about what happened, I show what happened even if I can't get the words out, but Liam reaches for the makeup drawer to pretend it never happened. The resident thoughts in Liam's part worry town (Yes, he has his own mansion.) are these two little fellows. He doesn't trust you enough. What if this is happening? Or that? The biggest part of worry town is Myself Manor. The largest building on the block. A hotel. There are permanent residents, who only check out every once and awhile like what if it never gets better? Will I be stuck here forever? And then the ones that check in when it's the right time, like the one that's bargaining for a room right now; what if you're next? My hotel has the right to refuse services, but the clerk is squeamish and doesn't like confrontation. Next to the fountain there's this girl snapping her fingers in front of my face- oh. I jerked to attention, Olivia putting a finger to her mouth before pointing at the door, which instead of the normal dim light was a shadow, which meant someone was standing in front of the door. And has probably been in front of the door for a good minute or two.  The question is who is this someone? Olivia, ever fight instead of flight, grabbed a small bottle of something, probably a chemical from her science days.  I, the complete opposite, probably looked like I was going to dash out the door the minute it opened, the door handle twisted, and then the door opened. Liam. Thank god. He closed the door, flopping wordlessly onto the bed. That's that.


© 2024 DecentlyOkayWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on February 6, 2024
Last Updated on February 7, 2024


Author

DecentlyOkayWriter
DecentlyOkayWriter

Khaznot Quay



About
A insignificant dot in the sea of writers. . . . . . I'm a little off and on lately. I'll respond to read requests within a week, though. I try to post at least twice a month if not more. I've been.. more..

Writing