Sometimes (Chapter 8)

Sometimes (Chapter 8)

A Chapter by DecentlyOkayWriter
"

You can't know all the answers

"
Sometime between then and forever, I fell asleep. Dreams don't bring much relief from the real world when you need them the most. When you need them, they tend to either twist into nightmares or not appear at all. So this sleep was just a gentle cover of nothingness. It could be worse. Soon, I woke up to it just nearly dark outside, Olivia laying between Liam and me, staring at the ceiling, Liam curled up into a ball next to her, seemingly asleep. I stretch out and yawn, before turning to Olivia "You ready for dinner?", and she responds with "By gods, you just woke up. But of course." She stands up, nimble, and I follow, although a bit (okay, a lot) clumsier, and we head out of her room, and into the kitchen. I fish around in the fridge while Olivia roots through the pantry, before we settle on sandwiches on paper plates, making two before deciding to make another in case Liam wakes up. A while later, as we were feasting on sandwiches back in Olivia's room, Liam sprung up. He glanced at us, giving a dismissal wave before curling back up. Olivia sighed, before taking another bite of her sandwich, signaling for me to do the same. And I did, because that's the kind of stuff I do. I don't lead, I follow.


© 2024 DecentlyOkayWriter


Author's Note

DecentlyOkayWriter
Thanks for reading ;P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on February 23, 2024
Last Updated on February 23, 2024


Author

DecentlyOkayWriter
DecentlyOkayWriter

Khaznot Quay



About
A insignificant dot in the sea of writers. . . . . . I'm a little off and on lately. I'll respond to read requests within a week, though. I try to post at least twice a month if not more. I've been.. more..

Writing