Bonding (Chapter 9)

Bonding (Chapter 9)

A Chapter by DecentlyOkayWriter
"

It doesn't matter how.

"
I finished my sandwich, shoving the paper plate in Olivia's trashcan with a satisfying crackle. The awkwardness continued for a bit, before pebbles were being tossed at the window. "Olivia! Are you up for another run?" She looks at me, unsure, and I give a nod. So she climbs out the window, and I lay on the bed, staring at the roof, still glancing at Liam occasionally. There's nothing else to do. Probably another good hour until father gets home, oh joy.  It'll be late enough to try and sleep soon, I console myself. I should go back to my room, but I'll host my dearest guest, melancholy in a cleaner area for now. Soon, some too-loud blur of rap lyrics start to seem to come closer. I shoot up, glancing out the window, and sure enough, the innocent enough looking TUV is just pulling into the driveway, an innocent enough looking man with thick spectacles behind the wheel. Liam's already gone, probably in some closet, and I'm already looking for one myself, settling for my own, which is already padded with clothes and with a strong lock holding the two doors together from the inside. Liam helped me figure out how to do that. I don't know what his closet looks like. He doesn't let me in. Sometimes we hide in mine together. Bonding.


© 2024 DecentlyOkayWriter


Author's Note

DecentlyOkayWriter
Thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on March 5, 2024
Last Updated on March 5, 2024


Author

DecentlyOkayWriter
DecentlyOkayWriter

Khaznot Quay



About
A insignificant dot in the sea of writers. . . . . . I'm a little off and on lately. I'll respond to read requests within a week, though. I try to post at least twice a month if not more. I've been.. more..

Writing