Laudable Liam (Chapter 5)

Laudable Liam (Chapter 5)

A Chapter by DecentlyOkayWriter
"

A perfect boy to ignore

"
Before Liam registered the fact Olivia was here, she licked her thumb, rubbing it on both of his cheeks, the foundation smearing in streaks on the cheek that had it, giving a small peek to the yellow and purple. Liam grumbled, distaste the main emotion he chose to display. Olivia smiled, saying teasingly, "Looks like you've got jam on your cheek, bud." Liam sighed, reaching over to the vanity and opening the drawer, fishing around as he gave Olivia the winning glare. He glanced at the mirror, quickly smudging the foundation on once he found it, in a true I-don't-care-right-now style. He stuck the foundation back before grinning like a mocking gentleman "Did I get it off? The nasty stuff always gets on my face from my breakfast toast." Olivia snorted "Now it looks as if you've got brown butter on your face, sir. Although I suppose that's better than jam." Liam nodded in agreement, before he returned to typing on his computer. I perked up, holding the power button on his computer, and it flickered off. Liam sighed, putting it on the floor, before flopping down completely on the bed, nearly missing me as he starfished. Olivia settled down against the wall, the day dredging on, the Brady Bunch and almost-silence luring us into the kind of rest when you're not asleep, but your not quite awake. The worst kind of rest, because the minute you think about how wonderful this rest is, the dam breaks and suddenly your thoughts are back, interrupting it. Or your mother interrupts you; "Liiiaam!" is what snapped my dam, and Liam was already rod straight, sighing before heading to the living room. Liam is mother's favorite child, and no one envies him. Being mother's favorite is about as lucky as being a snake's favorite breed of mouse. 


© 2024 DecentlyOkayWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on February 6, 2024
Last Updated on February 6, 2024


Author

DecentlyOkayWriter
DecentlyOkayWriter

Khaznot Quay



About
A insignificant dot in the sea of writers. . . . . . I'm a little off and on lately. I'll respond to read requests within a week, though. I try to post at least twice a month if not more. I've been.. more..

Writing