Chapter One: Once Upon A Moon

Chapter One: Once Upon A Moon

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

Did he ask you yet?

"

I ran over to Elijah and Haylee’s house and knocked on the door. Nathan answered. “Did he ask you yet?” Nathan asked.

 

“Who ask what?” I asked the boy.

 

“Elijah asks you out, of course.” Nathan replied. What the heck?

 

“Are you kidding me?” I laughed at the door attendant.

 

“Not a chance. Did he ask you?” Nathan persisted.

 

“No, of course not. Why do you ask such silly things, Nathan?” I asked, and then the doorway filled up with two more people. “Thank God. It is getting boring. My Grandmother’s driving me up the wall, and that’s not that easy to do.”

 

Haylee and Elijah step out. We linger on the porch for a while until Nathan gave up and went inside. Then we started up the road, and then Haylee sat down for a minute. Elijah and I walked a little more up the road in silence until he broke it. “Is that your Grandfather?” He asked pointing to a blue minivan.

 

“No. He’s still in Fayetteville working,” I replied. Nathan’s question was lingering in my mind.

 

 “Oh,” he said, preoccupied in his thoughts.

 

Silence fell between us as I thought about Nathan’s question. What did he mean by ‘Has he asked you yet?’ Was he entirely kidding or did he think that Elijah was going to ask me out? It’s killing me. I think that I’m going to go for it just being a joke. It’s all a joke to get me paranoid and put me off edge.

 

Let’s look at the bright side, shall we? For one, Nathan is better than last year, that’s for sure. That’s a bright side, don’t you think? Two, I’m back in Arkansas. That’s another, in my opinion.

 

We walked on and on, walking aimlessly and in silence. Haylee joined us and the tree of us just walked up and down streets to fill our boredom. Of course, it was hot. I was dripping from sweat when I remembered that my grandparents bought popsicles. That was one of our childhood favorites.

 

“I have an idea!” I broke our silence quite loudly, “I’ll be right back.” I started running back home, but stopped, nearly tripping myself, “What, uh, color do you want?” I asked.

 

“Color, Elizabeth? What do you mean what color do we want?” Elijah asked. Seriously, after last year, you would think that he’d remember that he could just use his head.

 

“Popsicles, dumby. What color do you want?”

 

“Oh, uh, that. I’d have a blue or green.” Does he have to choose my favorite flavors? I love the blue ones and the green ones. The blue popsicles were blue raspberry flavored, and the green ones are lime flavored. Then there’s pink, which is pink lemonade, purple, grape, yellow, lemon, red, fruit punch, and orange, which is orange.

 

“Haylee?” I asked.

 

“Pink or Red.”

 

I went back into the house, grabbed two blues and a red Popsicle, and cut them open. Then I ran back outside to my friends and handed their flavors. We sat down at the curb of the road and ate our popsicles in silence. I finished first, then Haylee, then Elijah. I gathered the Popsicle wrappings, ran inside, and threw them into the trashcan. Then I ran back outside and we talked quietly about what happened since I last saw them, a year ago.

 

We walked down the streets aimlessly some more. Haylee got a little overheated, so she went inside. Great. Leave me with someone who is doing nothing but walking. No talking about anything. Then I thought, since he is not talking, I‘d start the conversation with something he just keeps going on, and on and on about. Baseball, of course.

 

“How’s baseball been?” I asked. I am not sure if he went back to playing on that field since Nathan’s abduction last year.

 

“Oh, we, uh, I, uh, quit playing after Haylee’s abduction. My mom made me quit. She was afraid that they would abduct me too,” Elijah replied.

 

“That’s, uh, sad,” I replied. There goes the conversation.

 

“Yep.” We walked in silence some more until Tiberius jumped up on me expecting me to catch him.

 

“You want up?” I asked him in one of those high pitch voices that people use when talking to babies, cats, or in my case, dogs. “Come on, jump up, and jump up! Good boy, Tiberius!” I exclaimed when he finally made it into my arms.

 

Yeah…. Thank you. Now would you stop using that tone, Elizabeth? Tiberius sent to me.

 

I sighed. “Fine,” I replied in my normal tone. “Ooh, you’re way too hot.” I put him down. He was as if The Sun had a child, and Tiberius was that child! Wait a second. That did not make any since. Well, he is overheated and needs water, nonetheless.­­­­­

 

Elijah cleared his throat. “Hey, Elizabeth, Can I ask you something?” I nodded, but his face grew dim, and he pulled my arm and ran away pulling me with him. What the heck, Elijah?

 

We ran to downtown, him pulling my arm the entire way. After getting my breath back, I yelled, “What the heck was that for?”

 

“I saw Shelby and Gertinald’s car. They’re back, Lizzie, back, and making more mischief than ever.” Thanks for that. Now I have a painful, nearly ripped off left arm and a freaking killer on my trail. In addition, I just got back. How that for exciting?



© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I deleted all the chapters because I wanted to make the chapters longer, so I combined them.

1. How was it?

2. What's the question Elijah was going to ask?

3. Any ideas about what would happen?

4. Excited for longer chapters?

5. Review?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You need to put this into third person so that way the reader knows who this I person running around is. Other wise its just a ghost of a person running around on the page. Try reading it out loud to yourself to see how it sounds and I'll think you'll see what I mean. You have what appears to be the start of a good story if you can clean it up a little.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. This needs to be put in thrid person.
2. Please tell me thiers a date soon.
3. Are they going to cause trouble?I sure hope so.
4. Hey I love long chapters.
5. Please go back and read it slowly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. It was good :3
2. He's TOTALLY gonna ask her out!
3. Those Shelby and Gertinald people. They're gonna cause trouble.
4. No Cheezit chapters. I swear if you write a Cheezit chapter I will not read it.
5. POWER SWEET POWER! Sorry, been w/o power for two days... IT BE BOSS.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1. I liked the chapter. It was good.
2. I think he is going to ask her to go out with him in reference to Nathan's question :P
3. I think Gertinald and Shelby are going to cause mischief or attack them.
4. I'm very excited for longer chapters. I can't wait to read them.
5. Very well written and developed. I think you did a good job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A strong chapter. I like the easy going and simple conversation of this opening chapter. Good to built the characters and make them come alive. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


a long overdue read by me,
it is a nice story,
dont know what elijah is going to ask,
keep up the writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the mix of chapter lenghts you have. Long and short and medium. Keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


GNARLY.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This read like a screenplay. The images played out in my mind as if I was
watching a movie. Nice work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this one better:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..