1.

1.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth

1.

 

“Let’s just do it.” She told her. “What do we have to lose but each other, anyway?”

Parrish looked at her ceiling, covered in glow in the dark stars and replied, “We’re not ready for something like that, Levity.” She lied on her bed in her midnight blue-colored room. Her six-inch-long dreadlocks fell on either side of her face and tickled her cheeks.

 

“I hate it when you call me that.”

“Well, that’s how I know I have your attention.”

Levi stood in front of her Greyhound bus, waiting for the passengers to return from their fifteen minute break. She inhaled her cigarette, hard, shivering a little from the cold air. “If we’re married then we never have to worry about leaving each other. We’ll have to stay together and work on our problems.”

“Does that really sound like a good idea to you?” Parrish asked her. “Being bound to each other by law when we can barely stand each other now?”

Levi let out a loud sigh and put out her cigarette. “Baby just… think about it. Okay?” She looked at her phone, realizing fifteen minutes was up. “Look, I’ve gotta go. This bus ain’t gonna drive itself to DC.”

“Okay. Be safe.”

“I will, babe.”

“Don’t text and drive!”

Levi smiled a little and told her, “I love you, sugar.”

Hesitantly, Parrish responded, “I love you, too, Levi.”



© 2013 Erin Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 10, 2013


Author

Erin Elizabeth
Erin Elizabeth

McLean, VA



Writing
2. 2.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


3. 3.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


4. 4.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth