4.

4.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth

4.

 

  “Your girlfriend has problems.”

     “Come on, Ruby.” Parrish told her, walking into a clothing store together. “Ease up.”

     “I’m just saying. I mean… her temper is, like, out of this world.” Ruby picked up a t-shirt, held it up to look at it and put it back down.

     “She treats me fine.”

     “Do you really believe that?” Ruby asked picking up another shirt. “She treats you like throw-up.”

     Parrish ignored her friend and began looking at clothes.

     “I’m not trying to be a downer on your relationship. You’re my best friend. I’m always going to support you. But you’re always sad… and that’s not good.”

     “That’s not true!”

     “Are you trying to tell me that when you came to my house last week in tears you weren’t sad? You weren’t upset after she told you she deserved ‘better than you’ and she didn’t ‘want you’ anymore?”

     “Look… it was one time.”

     “No. It wasn’t only one time. And you know it. She says that s**t to you like, every other day and you let her.” Ruby grabbed Parrish by the arm and faced her. “I just don’t want to continue seeing you hurt. Just like she said she deserves better, so do you.”

     “I wish you could just… meet her.” Parrish said. “You have to get to know her better and really see her the way I do.”

     Ruby looked at Parrish, disgusted. “No, thank you. I’d rather eat flies.”

     “Why do you have to be like that?”

     “Because she treats you like dirt, says horrible things to you and you take it. You take it and you defend her. It’s unbelievable! You’ve become totally submissive to her.”

     “I have not!”

     “Yes, you have! The Parrish I used to know used to call the shots! And when some b***h said something nasty to her, she wasn’t having it. Period. Point blank. She used to put her right in her place like clockwork. Dudes, too!”

     “I wish you’d stop acting as if you know everything that’s going on in my relationship.”

     “You know what, Pear? You’re right. I don’t know everything that’s going on in your relationship, but one thing I do know is you are killing yourself to be with someone who doesn’t even love you. And for what? A ten minute phone call when she’s finished talking to Tammy, Bryn, Dana, Crystal, Domonica, Myra; should I continue?”

     “Stop it.”

     “I mean come on, Pear. Is the sex really that good that you have to completely belittle yourself?”

     “Shut up, Ruby! You don’t know anything!” Parrish said, angrily, throwing a dress she’d picked up onto the floor.

     Ruby put both of her hands on Parrish’s cheeks and cupped her face. “I know you, Parrish Corelli. And you’re better than this.”

     Ruby picked up the dress from the floor and gave it back to Parrish. “I’m going to the maternity section.” She said already walking in the other direction.

After she lost sight of Ruby, Parrish took her cell phone out of her purse. She had one new message from Levi.

     “I love you, sugar.” It read.

     Regardless to her rapidly beating heart, Parrish smiled a little and quickly texted back, “I love you, too, babe.” And she meant it, too.

 

 

 



© 2013 Erin Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 10, 2013


Author

Erin Elizabeth
Erin Elizabeth

McLean, VA



Writing
1. 1.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


2. 2.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


3. 3.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth