19.

19.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth

19.

 

 

     “Ah. She’s a beauty. Nice job, mommy.” Parrish said to Ruby, holding Pearl.

     Ruby smiled. “Thanks for everything you did… especially for staying with me during labor.”

     “Don’t thank me. I know you’d do the same for me.”

     “Did, um… did my dad and sister get here yet? Have you heard from them?”

     Saddened, Parrish shook her head.

     Ruby nodded, trying to hide her disappointment.

     “I left voicemails and texts for both of them, though.”

     “Okay.” Ruby said under her breath.

     “Oh, and my mom and Justice are on their way back, too. They got the stuff you asked for from your apartment so you can stay with us ‘til you’re ready to go back.”

     “Okay.”

     Parrish realized she needed to take Ruby’s mind off of the negativity of her family not being there to see the baby. “So… speaking of your apartment… while you were, you know, giving birth, I had a thought.”

     Ruby laughed and asked, “Which was?”

     “Well… why don’t you just move in with me and my mom?” Parrish asked. “You know… since my sister’s in her own place now, her room is just sitting there.

     Ruby’s face lit up. “Serious?!”

     “Yeah! I talked to my mom about it already and she thinks it’s a good idea.”

     “Yes, yes, yes! I would absolutely love it!” Ruby accepted, wrapping her arms around Parrish.

     “Well… let’s plan everything out, then and we’ll just take it from there.”

     “You’re awesome. You know that?”

     “Yeah, I say it to myself in the mirror daily.” Parrish laughed. “Here, take her. I know you want to. I’m hogging your kid already.”

     Parrish laid Pearl in Ruby’s arms.

     “So, how does it feel to get this as an early birthday present?” Ruby asked. “I feel like she came early just so she wouldn’t miss your big day.”

     “I love it. I’ve never experienced anything like this before. It makes me wanna go have kids now, too.”

     Ruby gave Parrish a serious look. “Don’t get crazy.”

     Parrish chuckled a little and said, “Best pre-birthday present ever, Ruby. I don’t think any other present could ever top this.”



© 2013 Erin Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on August 12, 2013
Last Updated on August 12, 2013


Author

Erin Elizabeth
Erin Elizabeth

McLean, VA



Writing
1. 1.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


2. 2.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth


3. 3.

A Chapter by Erin Elizabeth