Ch. 8

Ch. 8

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

I don't know how long it has been since the conversation I heard. I was surprised by the fact that the Cullens didn't say anything.

 

Soon enough, my throat started to burn. It burned like my throat was on fire. I had a craving for blood and I needed it now. I looked at Alice, who was deep in thought.

 

"Alice... I need to hunt."

 

She looked up then and got up. "Okay. I'm coming. This is your first time and-"

 

I raised my hand to stop her. "I'm sorry.... I just want to go alone. I need time to think."

 

She looked at me and seemed to see my face. "Okay. Just be careful."

 

I nodded. I guess she trusts me that I will hunt animals. "Just take care of Bella for me. I won't be long..."

 

"Okay. You know we will."

 

I smiled the best I could. "Thanks." I got up and ran off.

 

I ran as far as I could from them. I just needed time to think without anybody knowing what was bugging me. I stopped as I caught a scent of something. A couple yards away, a deer was feeding on grass. I hid behind some bushes so it wouldn't suspect anything. I counted to myself before I made my move. One... two.... three. I pounced and landed on top of the deer.

 

I bit into it and began to suck the blood out. The flesh tasted warm and refreshing as I fed myself. It didn't take long. Once the deer was empty of blood, I got up and licked my hands which still had blood on them. I wasn't as thirsty anymore. There was a lot of blood in that deer to fill you up. As was just about done. Maybe, just to be safe, I should find one more animal to feed on. I wasn't completely full yet.

 

Then, all of a sudden, I sensed someone behind me. I didn't turn around to see who it was. Whoever it was, that person was standing a couple feet away from me. I caught the scent and my eyes widened. I decided to play nice.

 

"Do you need something.... Edward?" I asked in a strained, yet casual tone.

 

I turned around to look at him. Edward stood there, leaning against a tree, with his arms folded across his chest. He seemed... strangely smug, as he stared at me with curious eyes. "I'm shocked to see you here."

 

I nodded. "Same here."

 

Edward sighed and continued. "I don't have much time. I'm very lucky that Lord Naum can't see or hear me right now."

 

Edward was then next to me. He leaned next to the tree I was next to. We had to be at least 5 inches away from each other.

 

"Is there something you need?" I asked with a cautious tone. I didn't know if this was supposed to be a trick or not.

 

"Alright. I'm actually safe now. I can't figure out why but once dawn hits, I'm somewhat free from the control of Lord Naum. Only up till twilight, and then I'm completly under Lord Naum's control, not being able to do anything... I figure I use this time to talk to you...."

 

When Edward was saying this, I wasn't sure if I should trust him. But the more I looked in his eyes, I could tell that he was telling the truth. I just decided to listen and then decide if I could trust him.

 

"Okay. The others think I'm hunting so I got time," I said.

 

Edward took a deep breath. "I think you heard our conversation eariler.... with your gift. About that, I just wanted to say a couple things. The plan in Australia.... you have to go there. I have to do it so nothing happens so don't think I'm betraying you. Naum is planning on creating vampires in Sydney. In fact, he's planning on going to the best well-known cities in every country and make vampires. He.... he wants to over throw the Volturi. If this goes well.... he'll have enough to defeat them."

 

"But the Volturi are the strongest vampires. There's no way Naum can actually kick them out," I said.

 

"I know. But the way he's planning it... it's unthinkable. The Volturi will not stand a chance. I really can't explain it.... but you have to get to Sydney and stop him."

 

I nodded. "Are you against it?"

 

He nodded. "Very. Like I said, I'm not really under control, like a puppet... until night. Then I will agree with it." Edward looked down and sighed and looked at me again. This time, his red eyes were full of concern. He took his hand and placed it underneath my chin. He lifted it so I was forced to look at him.

 

"And.... the other thing. I still have feelings for you. Naum keeps telling me that he knows why but... he won't tell me. I'm so confused," Edward said, putting his hand on his head.

 

I felt sorry. He's has to follow him and doesn't know who he should love. I brushed his arm to comfort him. "I'm sure everything will work out. I promise you that." I wish I could take that back since I don't know what will happen.

 

He sighed and cupped my face in his hands. "I hope so. This is starting to turn into a nightmare. I don't know what to do anymore..."

 

I nodded in agreement. "But those other guys... Stan and Heath... are they under his power too?"

 

"Yes. Completly. Everyday and all the time, and grateful for following him. I wonder why I'm not like that, and thank God I'm not." He brushed his thumb that was till holding my face across my cheek. "But for now... I'll be with him. And when I get the chance, I do my best to see you."

 

He lifted my face to his and our lips touched. Our lips locked and they moved against each other. But this kiss was different then the ones from before. First, it wasn't cold since I'm no longer human. But the main reason, the kiss was full of sorrow and confusion. I don't know how long it has been but he finally let go.

 

"I'm sorry. I have to be there in a hour. But once I leave, you must tell the others and get there as fast as-"

 

Edward was cut off by a phone ringing in his pocket. "Be very quiet." He pulled the phone out and fliiped it open. As he spoke, I waited. I wasn't paying attetion and soon enough Edward was done.

 

"Good news. I got another hour. Actually, take me with you very quick. I might as well come so they can believe you."

 

I just nodded. "Alright."

 

Edward slipped the phone in his cloak pocket and we ran off, back to the Cullens.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors. and yes, i know edward wouldn't do that, but i got an idea for why he's like this that will come later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm outraged, Edward's with BELLA! Ugh I hate cheating no matter what the reason is! Even in books, when Bella hung out with Jacob in Eclipse it made me aangry cause it seemed like cheating! Never mind really really good!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki