Trials of Tartarus

Trials of Tartarus

A Chapter by Eli_Wolf-Queen
"

Prequel @AirieLeva

"

Prequel

Mutt’s POV

The soul purpose of Tartarus is to destroy any humanity that is left inside someone at a given time. It happens slowly, never right away. It tears a hole inside of you, until you barely remember anything from your life before.

Until all you want to do is lay down and die. Some people succumb to that feeling. Others avoid it by killing themselves before it ever sets in. Sometimes people last longer than anyone thinks they will.

Because they hold onto the anger. Anger to whoever threw them down here.. I respected that. It kept them alive, for as long as it could. It gave them the strength they needed to survive. That is, until that anger drives them to madness.

I knew my odds, I knew that there was little chance that I could survive this. I wasn’t angry. I wasn’t scared. I already knew how this journey ended. I already knew what my fate would bring. I was okay with that.

Besides, into Tartarus I had brought with me the one person that could help me through anything. The love of my life, and soon to be wife, Moon Dragon. Of course, she wasn’t physically here with me. I would never let her do that. But she was with me in spirit.

I didn’t know how exactly, but the love she had for me, I felt it coursing through my veins. I felt it wrap around my heart, protecting it. I felt her love, because it was my own.

It was her love that made me stand up, her love that gave me the strength to meet the Trial Lord’s eyes and accept the challenge.

It was her love that I remembered when the world went dark.

It was her love that kept me alive.

Even though she was nowhere near me, she was never too far away.

𝌀

As the world faded away into darkness and I let myself be consumed by sleep I felt the floor beneath me open. And I knew, without a doubt, that the trials had begun.

𝌀

I was met with bright lights when I finally opened my eyes. I was laying on my back, on a table of some sort. It was definitely not comfortable. Groaning I swing my legs over, it felt like I had been hit with a truck.

I blink my eyes until the spots clear, and when they finally do I see a girl sitting across the room. She was in a chair, her back to me. But her blonde hair was unmistakable.

“Moon?” I whisper.

Fear coursed through me. No, no, no, I kept thinking. She can’t be here. That means I failed. Oh gods, what did I do.

She stands and turns, smiling at me, “Is that who you see when you look at me?”

“What?” I demand. “Are you not Moon?”

“No, I am a shapeshifter,” she says. “My name is Caltaya. I am here to help you in the trials. I appear to you as the person that you love the most. The person that holds your heart. For you, that seems to be your wife.”

“Fiance,” I correct her.

She regards me with a tilted head, “Please Matt, we both know that you two get married. There’s no denying true love.”

“Call me Mutt,” I say, blinking.

“Whatever you say, Mutt,” Caltaya says.

“Do you have a regular appearance? Not a different person, but like, who you really are? Please? Seeing Moon, it’s, it’s great, but,” I start, not knowing how to finish.

“It makes you think you failed,” she says with a nod.

She closes her eyes, and it was almost like a bucket of paint was dropped on her. Starting at the roots her hair turned silver, with one strip of blue and one of purple framing her face. It also curled slightly so now it was more of waves instead of straight. When she opened her eyes the ring of gold around her pupil expands, swallowing the blue. Until her eyes were gold with an inner ring of purple.

“I am Caltaya, and I am here to make sure you make it out of these trials alive,” she says, inclining her head towards me.





© 2019 Eli_Wolf-Queen


Author's Note

Eli_Wolf-Queen
If you are just reading this book just because, please read The Forgotten Battle first. It will make more sense if you do. It is on the Author's page. @AirieLeva

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just a heads up: Every book, even those in a series, must stand on their own. You may include a synopsis of what has gone before, but if you have any hope of seeing publication, that's a rule you cannot break.

Posted 4 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JayG

4 Years Ago

Okay, since you are, as you say, still kids, I looked at the other stories you have posted, and have.. read more
Davidgeo

4 Years Ago

Don't worry too much about what this guy has to say. He's really only here to talk down to people i.. read more
AirieLeva

4 Years Ago

Thank you, and I'm not too worried, I think I've mostly made that observation for myself. I think th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 3, 2019
Last Updated on May 3, 2019
Tags: romance, gods, goddesses, mystery, @AirieLeva


Author

Eli_Wolf-Queen
Eli_Wolf-Queen

Hastings, NE



About
I enjoy watching the sunset and the sunrise. I enjoy staying home rather than going out and partying with people I don't know. And I enjoy watching television shows that interest me. more..

Writing