Trials of Tartarus

Trials of Tartarus

A Chapter by Eli_Wolf-Queen
"

Chapter 7

"
Chapter Seven 

Dear Moon,

The only things to do around here are to write to you, and to think. But everytime I think I’m reminded of things that I’m missing out on. Boring is an understatement.

Caltaya’s been leaving a lot more lately. Sometimes I feel insulted by that, other times I’m grateful for the solitude. Waiting is the worse part, it’s worse than actually being in the trials.

Because while I’m waiting all I can think about is how this could be it. This could be the time when I don’t come back. You hear stories of demons and people literally crawling their way out of hell.

I would try that if I thought it would work, but it won’t. Because if it would’ve worked then there would be no demons in hell. Of course, this is different from hell. But for demigods this is about as close to hell as you can get.

I can’t believe that Zeus would do this, I mean, I guess I can. He was scared so he did what he thought was right. I feel like he regrets it. Throwing us into Tartarus.

When I was dreaming about that being ‘our destiny’ I never knew that we were down there because of your father. I kind of just figured it was accidental. Or heroic.

But there’s nothing heroic about the way we ended up there. It’s more like a betrayal. Guess what? And you’re not going to believe this..

Your dad used to be my hero. When I first found out that the Greek gods existed, the person that told me about them, well she spoke greatly of your father. Made him out to be some kind of saint.

Made him out to be a savior, a hero. She spoke of all these great things that he did, all these people he helped, people he saved. People that loved him, that was grateful for him. And I kind of figured that it had to be true.

I mean, people had built places of worship for those that loved him to go and pray to him. So I figured that he had to be great.

That is, until I met him. I actually liked him at first, he was overly dramatic but he seemed to be a real groovy dude. Until he opened his mouth and started talking anyway.

I feel bad for the people that still believe in him. He doesn’t deserve their belief. He deserves their hatred.

If I get out of here. When I get out of here, I’m going to make sure that those people know that. Because they should. Before he lets them down, like he let down all of us.

Wow, I didn’t think that waiting could be so torturous. Literally, I’m wishing that the next trial happened already. Caltaya made this potion, and it puts the voices of my friends into my head. I never could hear them inside this wall. Just out there, during a trial.

Oh gods, I miss you Moon. I’m sorry. Please forgive me for anything that happens down here. I’m trying my best. I know that it’s not a lot, but I really am trying.

The funny thing is, before this day I thought that I was a very patient person. Turns out I’m about as far from patient as the most impatient person on the planet. Though I guess with the above sentence that would mean me??

Man, logic sure does suck.

Maybe that’s the point of this place and these trials, to skin away everything that you once were and replace it with the opposite. Either way, it’s baloney.

Love, Mutt

P.S. The end is near, and the answer is clear.

𝌀




© 2019 Eli_Wolf-Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on May 7, 2019
Last Updated on May 7, 2019
Tags: romance, gods, goddesses, mystery, @AirieLeva


Author

Eli_Wolf-Queen
Eli_Wolf-Queen

Hastings, NE



About
I enjoy watching the sunset and the sunrise. I enjoy staying home rather than going out and partying with people I don't know. And I enjoy watching television shows that interest me. more..

Writing